Pre-Game Talk: GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks | Tue. Oct 22nd | 5:15pm PST | SNP | That's a Weird Start Time

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's absurd how the NHL runs in terror from the NFL.
NFL is an event. In terms of games it’s almost a 5 to 1 ratio compared to the nhl. If the nfl ever got it right and gave an extra bye week, then Thursday football games will be better with teams having 10 days off vs 3 days off before playing that game.

At some point the nhl does have to play its games as the nba is going to begin soon so they can’t only have tue to sat at all of their arenas.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Fair to say JT Miller sustained some sort of injury in pre-season that will probably linger with him?

Here's hoping Hoglander-Pettersson continue to show good chemistry.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
Certainly looks like Debrusk and Garland have traded spots on the PP, but I think patience is needed. Debrusk needs to learn the bumper shot Horvat provided and that will likely come with reps.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB

1000063540.png

• Haha
Reactions: Bgav

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Potential trap game. Already been a successful road trip with the 2 wins, and their 3 best players will have a little extra motivation for this one.

Be a good time for the PP to wake up and get us a goal or 2.

Can't have a subpar effort here, and need to take the 2 points. Good test for this team's mental fortitude.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Not too odd,. He's 25, had a decent year offensively last year (mostly playing with Bedard) but is not great defensively (from what i sounds like). He's not some hot-shot rookie where you keep giving time to and let him work out the kinks.
He's a 5v5 sink and basically just leached points from playing with Bedard and being on PP1 last season. He's not going to get those opportunities this year.

My largest pre-season bet was the under on Kurashev's point total.

Can’t wait for people to lose there minds when they see Bains on pp1.
1729538822003.png

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's a 5v5 sink and basically just leached points from playing with Bedard and being on PP1 last season. He's not going to get those opportunities this year.

My largest pre-season bet was the under on Kurashev's point total.
Looking over that Chicago roster. Bedard and Vlasic are probably the only 2 players on that roster that you would put money on to be there whenever they do return to the PO. Everyone else under 25, still up in the air.

Not a fan of having someone up in the NHL one season, then the next season down to the A. Not sure if that was the best thing for Korchinski last season. Was he unbelievable like Dobson was in the Q when he was playing 30 minutes a game in his D+1 season to warrant moving up to the NHL last year?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Looking over that Chicago roster. Bedard and Vlasic are probably the only 2 players on that roster that you would put money on to be there whenever they do return to the PO. Everyone else under 25, still up in the air.

Not a fan of having someone up in the NHL one season, then the next season down to the A. Not sure if that was the best thing for Korchinski last season. Was he unbelievable like Dobson was in the Q when he was playing 30 minutes a game in his D+1 season to warrant moving up to the NHL last year?
Is this about Kurashev? The others like, idk, I don't have an opinion on. Didn't mention them.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I'd be more concerned if that had an actual full time NHLer in that spot for practice
Why? Even just a filler for Miller for practice, having Bains practice with the number 1 unit is a net loss.

I’d prefer if someone actually competent was there instead.

Reactions: Bgav

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Is this about Kurashev? The others like, idk, I don't have an opinion on. Didn't mention them.
Would you put money down on him to be there in 3-4 years or however long it does take Chicago to make the PO again? I wouldn't. He's one of the older youngsters at 25, so he'd be late 20's at least and a UFA that the team may move off from in a couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad