Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I think we are a long way off from making a trade for a goalie.

We don’t really know what we have in the two Finns yet when it comes to an extended set of games as starters. The Avs will exhaust those options before entertaining a trade.
History shows the Avs front office will ride out a horrible decision way longer than any reasonable front office would. For that reason, I agree.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Exactly. Plus, delaying the trade ideally makes the cap easier and easier to manage

There is this, and then there is the fact that a goalie will almost surely need a proper adjustment period. ~15 games after the trade deadline might not be enough. If we bring a upgrade to net (pls do) I'd want it sooner than later.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
History shows the Avs front office will ride out a horrible decision way longer than any reasonable front office would. For that reason, I agree.
Oh I dunno about that, they're about average on that front IMO. They moved on surprisingly quickly from the Johansen disaster.

The only team that really just pitches guys overboard as soon as they can is Vegas. Philly used to be like that but they don't seem nearly as impetuous as they were under Bobby Clarke.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
So what 3C options are out there so we can move Colton back to the wing permanently?

Boone Jenner
Brock Nelson (if NYI are out, more of a 2C though)
Mikael Granlund (not a fan but as 3rd line C should do damage)

Those at least.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So what 3C options are out there so we can move Colton back to the wing permanently?
Not a lot, unless Seattle ultimately decides not to pay 32-year-old Yanni Gourde and flips him for something.

The one name in Philly that piques my interest is Noah Cates. Really good defensive forward, offense is bad however. Also sucks donkey balls in the faceoff department but that just means he fits right in with the Avs.

Also, since I know we've had some guys pining for him for a while now...Nic Dowd!

Isn't Jenner out for the year?
It's looking that way.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Not a lot, unless Seattle ultimately decides not to pay 32-year-old Yanni Gourde and flips him for something.

The one name in Philly that piques my interest is Noah Cates. Really good defensive forward, offense is bad however. Also sucks donkey balls in the faceoff department but that just means he fits right in with the Avs.

Also, since I know we've had some guys pining for him for a while now...Nic Dowd!

It's looking that way.
I wonder if Frost is still available?

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Boone Jenner
Brock Nelson (if NYI are out, more of a 2C though)
Mikael Granlund (not a fan but as 3rd line C should do damage)

Those at least.

Jake Evans, pending UFA, cheap contract, we don't need offense from our 3C, we need a defensive guy who can PK and win face-offs. Plus MTL will likely be sellers.

AvsFan4

Jul 18, 2024
So. Annunen starts next game right? I realize it was against the Sharks, but this is the move to keep team confidence high right? Georgiev also gave up a lot to Columbus and NYI. Ride the hot hand. More like whoever is less shitty hand but you get what I’m saying.

Reactions: LTCPain75

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Jake Evans, pending UFA, cheap contract, we don't need offense from our 3C, we need a defensive guy who can PK and win face-offs. Plus MTL will likely be sellers.
Drouin - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Mittelstadt - Nichushkin
Colton - Evans/other 3C - Lehkonen
Wood - Kovalenko - O'Connor
Kelly/Kivi/Ivan

It's a nice idea but seems like overkill with regards to the number of wingers on the roster.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not right now, no. Certainly not when they're rolling out Sean Couturier as a 4C.

But I want nothing to do with Frost. He's nothing more than a slightly more talented version of Tyson Jost.
Not that I want him but I actually have not minded Frost when watching him play. I think he's a much better/stronger skater than Jost and overall a much better player.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
And getting rid of Georgiev AND bringing in a replacement? That's going to cost some of the precious assets that probably need to be spent elsewhere on the roster too.
Georgiev has an expiring contract that's not too pricey. It seems the price to take on cap dumps has been trending downward lately, so I don't think it would be that big of a factor in increased asset costs

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

I've wanted Evans for a couple of years now, he would be one of Bednar's favs. I don't care about the offense, which isn't even that bad, but he skates hard, doest take a shift off, and is good on the PK.

Oh, and he's an actual centre so that's something we don't often have many of for some reason

I really hope it's an actual center, not a winger. We can start there lol.

Pretty much every other team has 6+ centres on their team, and have a couple of them playing wing.

We're the only team in the league that does the opposite for some inexplicable reason.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad