Pre-Game Talk: GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks | Tue. Oct 22nd | 5:15pm PST | SNP | That's a Weird Start Time

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Do we know what time the Hawks' tribute for Mikheyev starts before the game?

I'm assuming that's a thing that is happening because of his legendary career with us, and with us being in town so early in the season, the timing is too perfect.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Bedard has his home town team playing in his barn. Expect a few $"s on the board from him on this to show he wants to represent well.

If the Canucks rotate their lines and play undercontrol focused hockey this should be 5-2 Nucks with Lanker in net. Expect some big hits from Sherwood, some hate towards Garland and some fiestynessfrom EP40.

3rd pair D are going to look good against the Hwaks

Reactions: Indiana

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hope I'm wrong, but looks to me like both Miller and Hughes are nursing some kind of injuries. Tocchet admitted as much when Miller was forced to leave after a seemingly innocuous collision on the opening faceoff.

And Hughes looked to be in serious discomfort on the bench at times in the Flyers game. I guess these are nicks that they can play through......but hope they don't become 'chronic' as the long season unfolds.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Really hope the PP starts showing some signs of life.

Hope EP40 can continue to play better.

Hope JT can take some faceoffs.

Would like to see Debrusk or Heinen chip in a G or at least an A this game

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007

I think we all know who should start but just in case you didn’t. Also, love that the Oilers have two goalie in bottom five.

Always blows my mind how many media members think “this is the year” Skinner breaks out into a Vezina candidate. He’s an aggressively average goalie at best who has hot/cold streaks, but people magically think those hot streaks will just become the norm one day when he’s never shown he’s “that guy.”

As an aside it’s crazy to me how the fancy stats loves the Oilers depth guys, when it’s clear as day that most of their numbers get juiced up by playing with either Drai or McDavid.

Also yes Silovs has been brutal so far, that matches the eye test. Hopefully some practice time is helping him reset & improve his tracking/focus.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Why do I get the feeling we are starting Silovs, benching Brannstrom for Juulsen and probably putting Bains and Suter with Pettersson...

Prove me wrong Tochett!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad