Pre-Game Talk: GM05 | Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | Sat. Oct 19th | 4pm PST | SNP | Back in the Saddle

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I think a lot of us (myself included) got way ahead of ourselves on a guy with 9 sub-.900 career games and a fairly pedestrian AHL record when he had a couple very good playoff games.

Thank f*** they signed Lankinen or this season would be looking in very big trouble right now.
To emphasize this

This is your weekly reminder that he didn’t actually have that good of a playoffs run.

Had a couple wins but was sub .900 through the whole playoffs

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
To emphasize this

This is your weekly reminder that he didn’t actually have that good of a playoffs run.

Had a couple wins but was sub .900 through the whole playoffs

Bouchard was lobbing little slappers at the posts and Silovs couldn't track them.

Silovs had some good moments and given his experience he really stepped up to the plate and have us a chance per se, but like everyone is saying there are still things about his game that need work. The longer you're in the NHL the more your game will be analyzed and exposed as well. Going in to this year there's a bit of a book I guess.

He has excellent athleticism and a very composed personality which bode well for him, but I'm not confident he will develop to more than a 1B tandem goaltender. If he becomes that it's still a huge win for us we need Demko in a tandem going forward.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
After two games, Tolopilo is at .925. Two games, I know. But it'll be interesting tracking his results as the season continues.
Very interesting indeed.

Last season it seemed Tolopilo was outplaying Silovs in the early going and the AHL Canucks sat Tolopilo in favour of Silovs to get Silovs going. It worked-Silovs' game picked up, though to the detriment of Tolopilo's results. If Tolopilo continues to play well it will be very interesting to watch how the Canucks handle their 3 AHL goalies if Silovs is returned to Abbotsford, which is a reasonable possibility if and when Demko returns to the active roster.

Reactions: Lindgren

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
So far, Petey has looked best with Garly & Hoggy. You gotta keep them together and foster MORE chemistry.

When Dak returns, you play him with red-hot Blueger and Sherwood who's style could pair well. This makes the most sense imo.

Debrusk Jt.M Boeser
Hoggy Petey Garly
Dak Blueger Sherwood

4th line should get like 8 minutes max. best of the rest.
Heinen, Suter, Aman, Bains, Sprong, PDG
Maybe go Heinen Suter Sprong cuz they're playing natural positions and tbh Suter and heinen are upper tier guys for 4th liners

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Silovs is just way too inconsistent and can lose his mojo in the course of a single game. He can make some rockstar acrobatic save down low and then let in some potato from the point. Unless he solves his puck-tracking and technical inconsistencies, he'll always be that way.

It's frustrating because he can both hold you in a game for a period, and then let in two back-breakers in under 10 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad