Pre-Game Talk: GM05 | Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | Sat. Oct 19th | 4pm PST | SNP | Back in the Saddle

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Full sanity finally prevails on the lines. Interesting they went with the leave Suter at wing and plug in Aman option. Everything else looks largely as expected. Don't have an issue rotating Sprong and Bains on fourth-line wing until Joshua returns.

Will also be interesting to see who they play on the third pair with Brannstrom, could be Forbort or Desharnais since Brannstrom can play both sides.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Full sanity finally prevails on the lines. Interesting they went with the leave Suter at wing and plug in Aman option. Everything else looks largely as expected. Don't have an issue rotating Sprong and Bains on fourth-line wing.

Will also be interesting to see who they play on the third pair with Brannstrom, could be Forbort or Desharnais since Brannstrom can play both sides.

I don’t think Forbort has returned to the team.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
No Juulsen:

1729354191090.gif

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Really good to see Joshua back on the ice on a personal level. On a team level, they really do miss his physicality, as well as his ES + PK work.

Hoglander has done great work with Garland in the interim at digging in in the corners, but he's not quite as good as Joshua at finding that open space in front of the net to make use of Garland's crafty board work below the goal line.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Sprong on the 4th line is an odd fit. I guess that's somewhere to park him to play on the PP and can rotate him up the lineup if needed.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Sprong on the 4th line is an odd fit. I guess that's somewhere to park him to play on the PP and can rotate him up the lineup if needed.
Sprong on an NHL roster is a weird fit. People tend to get tricked by guys with flashy tools but zero ability to play NHL defensive systems. Another example: Brzustewicz is a better prospect than Willander.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

I don’t see how he gets out of the bottom six, honestly … especially when Joshua returns. Hoglander and Garland have been good, and there’s no way he’s playing over DeBrusk.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
This is what I always come back to that tempers my expectations with Silovs, the fact that he's never posted an impressive .915+ in the AHL like most goalies who go on to be solid NHL goalies.
After two games, Tolopilo is at .925. Two games, I know. But it'll be interesting tracking his results as the season continues.

Reactions: Ozone and tyhee

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I'm thinking he's going to be a Condor soon....

Only getting 10 minutes a night and in his last 63 NHL games has a whopping 9 points. That's lower end for talentless goons and no-offense defenders. He didn't even really plateau...he hit his peak at 20 years old and has been declining since. Europe next season I think.
If you think about it

He’s a top 10 pick drafted under the Benning regime

We had hits and miss

would love to see them try the following:

pettersson - miller - boeser
hoglander - blueger - garland
debrusk - suter - heinen
bains - aman - sherwood

hughes - desharnais
soucy - hronek
brannstrom - myers

lankinen
silovs

get petey going. reduce hronek's minutes, see what hughes can do with a different partner. blueger and garland are absolutely playing at a second line level right now, reward them with more minutes - switch out hog and debrusk as needed.
Uhh

Did you not watch last game?

The Hog EP Garland line was buzzing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad