Pre-Game Talk: GM05 | Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | Sat. Oct 19th | 4pm PST | SNP | Back in the Saddle

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Full sanity finally prevails on the lines. Interesting they went with the leave Suter at wing and plug in Aman option. Everything else looks largely as expected. Don't have an issue rotating Sprong and Bains on fourth-line wing until Joshua returns.

Will also be interesting to see who they play on the third pair with Brannstrom, could be Forbort or Desharnais since Brannstrom can play both sides.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Full sanity finally prevails on the lines. Interesting they went with the leave Suter at wing and plug in Aman option. Everything else looks largely as expected. Don't have an issue rotating Sprong and Bains on fourth-line wing.

Will also be interesting to see who they play on the third pair with Brannstrom, could be Forbort or Desharnais since Brannstrom can play both sides.

I don’t think Forbort has returned to the team.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I do wonder if when Joshua returns he slots right in next to Garland or if Hoglander will retain that spot and you get a bash line of Joshua-Blueger-Sherwood.

Reactions: Vector

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
No Juulsen:

1729354191090.gif

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Really good to see Joshua back on the ice on a personal level. On a team level, they really do miss his physicality, as well as his ES + PK work.

Hoglander has done great work with Garland in the interim at digging in in the corners, but he's not quite as good as Joshua at finding that open space in front of the net to make use of Garland's crafty board work below the goal line.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Sprong on the 4th line is an odd fit. I guess that's somewhere to park him to play on the PP and can rotate him up the lineup if needed.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Sprong on the 4th line is an odd fit. I guess that's somewhere to park him to play on the PP and can rotate him up the lineup if needed.
Sprong on an NHL roster is a weird fit. People tend to get tricked by guys with flashy tools but zero ability to play NHL defensive systems. Another example: Brzustewicz is a better prospect than Willander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad