Post-Game Talk: GM05 | Vancouver Canucks defeat Philadelphia Flyers | 3-0 (Hoglander, Boeser, & Sherwood) | Tyler Myers 1000 Game Club Success

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I absolutely love that we have multiple players like this that can agitate the other team. Garland and Hog definitely agitate. Sherwood is a combo of a shit disturber but also can get the opponent's attention by throwing a big hit. Once Joshua is back it should be even more fun.

Every player in the league not on the Canucks f***ing hates JT Miller.

• Love
Reactions: Nucker101

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I absolutely love that we have multiple players like this that can agitate the other team. Garland and Hog definitely agitate. Sherwood is a combo of a shit disturber but also can get the opponent's attention by throwing a big hit. Once Joshua is back it should be even more fun.
Started seeing Desharnais throw some crosschecks and “hit”/graze a few players after the whistle too. I love this part of the team it’s fun to watch

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
As for EP:

I don't hate him. I really want him to do well here. But like I find I feel like turning games off sometimes because of him alone. He's underperformed for 2 mill let alone 11+.

And it's the lack of effort and body language that piss me off the most.

I pull for guys like VD, Suter, Myers, etc. Cuz they work so hard every game and show up in any way they can.
There's few people who enjoy watching someone sulk. Maybe the emo crowd and I imagine even they'd tire of it after half a season. It's likely unconscious, but it's a habit that probably re-enforces that particular mindset.

I remember getting a little fed up with Bertuzzi's continual sour public mood as well. Years after he had retired, I recall him stating that if he had a chance to change things, the way he presented himself would be at the top of the list (paraphrased).

Fans say they want players with character!

Reactions: SopelFanThe3rd

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
There's few people who enjoy watching someone sulk. Maybe the emo crowd and I imagine even they'd tire of it after half a season. It's likely unconscious, but it's a habit that probably re-enforces that particular mindset.

I remember getting a little fed up with Bertuzzi's continual sour public mood as well. Years after he had retired, I recall him stating that if he had a chance to change things, the way he presented himself would be at the top of the list (paraphrased).

Fans say they want players with character!
He would change that but not suckering Moore? Lol

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Guy is ring of honour bound. QUOTE me.

No.

Oh . . .

facepalm-really.gif

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Typical. I get married and miss a shutout. All jokes aside, it was a fantastic day and night. I got my hair and makeup done, actually ate breakfast, wore the most fantastic dress, had gorgeous weather and best of all, married my best friend.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Honestly, as someone who likes/is intrigued by personal stories/flawed personalities being explored more than I necessarily feel passionate about the spirit of competition/winning, count me in as someone who actually did feel that this aspect of Markus Naslund oddly made the game more fascinating to follow, even for multiple years (not sure what the hell "emo crowd" means, though). The struggle with emotional fragility/pressure (the fact that he was doing the best he could but his disposition is simply not built for leadership) added a dimension of drama/humanism to watching hockey that I typically don't get, and feels lost when everyone conducts themselves like an unflinching robot (or has the stereotypical "character player" qualities).

His solo dash game tying assist in the Calgary playoff series, for example, gave me a more explosive sensation than it would have if he were this mentally tough Trevor Linden type, personally.

I'm sure I'm in the extreme minority there, though. And I never got anything like that from Bertuzzi. As for Pettersson, sometimes I get that, sometimes I don't. When he initially had that struggle in his 70 point season, where he actually seemed to be trying (and making plays defensively) but everything was going wrong/his normally god-like instincts were suddenly failing him (you could feel the frustration through the screen), I did find that oddly interesting/engaging to watch in its own way. More recently, when he sometimes plays like he actually doesn't care, however, not so much.

He's so much of an impossible-to-understand enigma these days that it's tough to feel engaged in any direction. I'm just at a loss for what's even happening when he's on the ice.

Last edited:

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Honestly, as someone who likes/is intrigued by personal stories/flawed personalities being explored more than I necessarily feel passionate about the spirit of competition/winning, count me in as someone who actually did feel that this aspect of Markus Naslund oddly made the game more fascinating to follow, even for multiple years (not sure what the hell "emo crowd" means, though). The struggle with emotional fragility/pressure (the fact that he was doing the best he could but his disposition is simply not built for leadership) added a dimension of drama/humanism to watching hockey that I typically don't get, and feels lost when everyone conducts themselves like an unflinching robot (or has the stereotypical "character player" qualities).

His solo dash game tying assist in the Calgary playoff series, for example, gave me a more explosive sensation than it would have if he were this mentally tough Trevor Linden type, personally.

I'm sure I'm in the extreme minority there, though. And I never got anything like that from Bertuzzi. As for Pettersson, sometimes I get that, sometimes I don't. When he initially had that struggle in his 70 point season, where he actually seemed to be trying (and making plays defensively) but everything was going wrong/his normally god-like instincts were suddenly failing him (you could feel the frustration through the screen), I did find that oddly interesting/engaging to watch in its own way. More recently, when he sometimes plays like he actually doesn't care, however, not so much.

He's so much of an impossible-to-understand enigma these days that it's tough to feel engaged in any direction. I'm just at a loss for what's even happening when he's on the ice.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

i had no time for naslund (and even less for bertuzzi), but count me as being endlessly fascinated by the years of luongo drama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad