GDT: GM03 | Vancouver Canucks @ Tampa Bay Lightning | Tues. Oct 15th | 4pm PST | SNP | Gotta Get It Going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
How can we expect the players to be able to take good shots and score when the coach just wants tips. Every shot is just a set up for a tip pass again this year which is so hard to pull off in today's NHL. But Rick loves tips.
Someone mentioned coaching the other day. I have started to consider if that's an issue, even if Tocchet has indeed done a phenomenal job with this team overall. But the question persists: how much of this is coaching and the system? Because it's wild how a talented team like this can struggle so much to generate shots and scoring chances.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
The value of guys like Heinen/Sprong is that they can produce offense out of nowhere on lower lines that usually just tread water. Trying to force them into your top 6 just drags down the players with actual skill.

Reactions: credulous

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
The value of guys like Heinen/Sprong is that they can produce offense out of nowhere on lower lines that usually just tread water. Trying to force them into your top 6 just drags down the players with actual skill.

It's a work in progress, but also a massive hindrance right now.

Good f***in lord. Yeah, we aren't scoring tonight lol

Reactions: Szechwan

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Yah I’m not trying to be a dick. I also like being able to talk about other teams. It just seems like this sub is always talking about Oilers. I just feel there are still too many holes here to be hating on other teams. That’s all

the around the league thread may as well be moved to the oilers board

Reactions: Coffees
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad