GDT: GM#51 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @5:30

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Yeah but they all were very solid last game regardless of minutes.

If the other 15 guys play as well as they did, it won't be a train wreck. If their performance is dependent on guys that barely play, then nothing anyone associated with the team does matters anyway.

Kopitar needs to be good. Doughty needs to be good. Quick needs to earn his money. Those are always true, regardless of anything else.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
He also took the Kings out for ice cream when they're were slumping and Terry Murray got fired.

Maybe he'll take them out for a pizza party after tonight's game.

Ohhh, I hope they get to go to Chuck E Cheese.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
You know you are a dumb ****ing coach when youve pissed off the entire fan base after a stellar performance.

There's also a saying that if GM's or coaches start listening to fans, they soon find themselves among them.

For all we know, allowing every player their turn to play in front of daddy will end up being a good thing. It might bring the whole roster together in one cuddly embrace. Maybe they get their ass handed to them tonight, because of too much love, but maybe it helps in the long run. Players these days are as soft as Charmin. They might appreciate a feel good gesture more than merit.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Kings are barely clinging to a playoff spot and Quick doesn't have the best record against Nashville, he should have sucked it up and put the team first instead of whose kid hasn't played in-front of his dad.

We are don't have the luxury to showcase everyone on the roster, we are not in a position like Vegas who's sitting quite comfortably on the top.
Hey, in this league everyone gets to bat at least once and plays for at least one out in the field.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If the other 15 guys play as well as they did, it won't be a train wreck. If their performance is dependent on guys that barely play, then nothing anyone associated with the team does matters anyway.

Kopitar needs to be good. Doughty needs to be good. Quick needs to earn his money. Those are always true, regardless of anything else.

Yeah well why take out any one of those 21 skaters after a performance like that. After a game like that, you can justify any kind of moves like this.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
There's also a saying that if GM's or coaches start listening to fans, they soon find themselves among them.

For all we know, allowing every player their turn to play in front of daddy will end up being a good thing. It might bring the whole roster together in one cuddly embrace. Maybe they get their ass handed to them tonight, because of too much love, but maybe it helps in the long run. Players these days are as soft as Charmin. They might appreciate a feel good gesture more than merit.

Really.... That's such a poor reason..again i sort of get what you mean, but you want the team to build off that performance not take out the players who were responsible for the performance

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Weren't people expecting a loss to Dallas? Amadio and Brodzinski were the 11th and 12th forwards in ice time, and LaDue was the 6th defenseman in ice time by 7 minutes. Wasn't how good Kopitar was the big story of the game?

Stevens shortens the bench almost as soon as the game starts, but we're talking about 3 of the 4 players that played the fewest minutes in the game. If this is a participation trophy thing for grown men to play in front of their dad's in the NHL, which most have done at least once, if not multiple times, in the middle of a playoff race, then that's crap. At the same time, those 3 guys barely played anyway. LaDue scored a goal, which makes it look worse, but he barely played 12 minutes. It's possible, with or without the dad's, that he wouldn't play.

I get that. But given that over the losing streak our depth was getting murdered, for those guys coming in putting in quality minutes in arguably our best start-to-finish performance in the season, they were pretty important minutes--i.e. they didn't break our momentum. Obviously Kopi was phenomenal and that was the story. If you're going to play them minimal minutes, don't you want guys like Amadio, LaDue, Brodzinski getting the experience instead of Gaborik? I mean, hell, Stevens will mix up the lines anyway but as they start, you have Gaborik--a guy who needs Ozone starts and shelter--with Shore, a guy who eats all the dzone starts and hard competition.

I just don't even know what identity he's going for tonight after seeing everything come together the other night. What coach takes out the blender after a dominant top-to-bottom performance? Even the guys that ARE in, Muzzin-Martinez? Yuck.

Reactions: Sol

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I obviously hope they win but man will this place be something else tonight if they get waxed.

Almost worth it.

They most likely will, and it will be amazing here because my impending meltdown is going to be spectacular.

If I'm being honest, I can't think of a result that will make me happy tonight, lol. If they win, it solidifies Stevens' roster moves based on a one-game sample size when in the bigger picture most of those lines and pairings have been an unmitigated disaster. If they lose, well, playoff points lost over a f***ing participation ribbon.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If I'm being honest, I can't think of a result that will make me happy tonight, lol. If they win, it solidifies Stevens' roster moves based on a one-game sample size when in the bigger picture most of those lines and pairings have been an unmitigated disaster. If they lose, well, playoff points lost over a ****ing participation ribbon.

I would be happy for the win and pissed if they won lol. I would be happy to be right if they lost and pissed that stevens did this lol.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Content from Twitter

this not being called back on review makes me so f***ing mad, considering the goals the kings had taken back for ticky tack crap last month...

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I thought swinging stick into hands was an automatic slash this year? Guess not. Johansen drops his stick on Kopitar's hands and nothing is called.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Doughty breaking up a 2 on 1 is just too easy for him. Toys with the Nashville players and still breaks it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad