GDT: Gm 27: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Boston Bruins | 11/30/13 | 7P ET | NESN |98.5 FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Booom

See that's a textbook power play... keep it simple. That's our playstyle. Hammer it on goal, bang in the rebound.

acr*

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but doesn't this have the makings of one of those 8-0 wins?

acr*

Columbus is such a meh franchise.
They wanted to come East because they could compete better that way. But since the playoff format was restructured at the same time, now they need to compete with Pittsburgh/NYR/Philly/Washington/NJD/Carolina for 4 spots, sometimes 3. At least they snuck in as the 8th seed a couple times in the West.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
They wanted to come East because they could compete better that way. But since the playoff format was restructured at the same time, now they need to compete with Pittsburgh/NYR/Philly/Washington/NJD/Carolina for 4 spots, sometimes 3. At least they snuck in as the 8th seed a couple times in the West.

They're mired in mediocrity now. They should have gotten more in terms of picks/prospects for Nash and gotten bad enough to get some top 5 picks and do a rebuild like Edmonton. Instead, they overpay for free agents.

Not how you build a championship caliber club.

Jeff L

May 28, 2012
Massachusetts
Columbus is such a meh franchise.
Right? Gross uniforms and a roster that literally makes me say "yuck" when I look at it. On paper, they don't even look threatening with Horton and Gaborik in the line-up. No matter what good fortune they do have (drafting guys like Ryan Murray, Bobrovsky winning the Vezina, trading for Gaborik), I just can't take them seriously or imagine them ever really doing anything. Basically, they're the Cleveland Cavaliers of the NHL.

Furry89

Nov 17, 2013
They're mired in mediocrity now. They should have gotten more in terms of picks/prospects for Nash and gotten bad enough to get some top 5 picks and do a rebuild like Edmonton. Instead, they overpay for free agents.

Edmonton will never get out of their rebuild:laugh:

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012

Judging by how soft Edmonton is and the improvements of this Columbus club; I'd say they did the right thing. I actually really like their team moving forward.

Keep in mind that Dubinsky, Gaborik, and Horton are out for them tonight.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Right? Gross uniforms and a roster that literally makes me say "yuck" when I look at it. On paper, they don't even look threatening with Horton and Gaborik in the line-up. No matter what good fortune they do have (drafting guys like Ryan Murray, Bobrovsky winning the Vezina, trading for Gaborik), I just can't take them seriously or imagine them ever really doing anything. Basically, they're the Cleveland Cavaliers of the NHL.

They have a few good pieces, but they lack a solid blue line. And a franchise forward. Maybe Johansen grows into that role? They need more lottery picks. Signing Horton won't help, he'll put in just enough effort to get the Jackets a 10th place finish (the dead zone)

acr*

Bobrovsky was fire in a bottle, and the Gaborik trade was a steal for them. Someday it'll come together

Bi Coastal Bawse*

LMAO people always feel tough pushing Chara when refs are around. Foligno warning Chara? Yeah ok LMAO.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
We'er on the road now.

I notice it was a solid first-trying to listen to the game through the radio app but having trouble maintaining a signal.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Granted, Edmonton doesn't have the results, but I still say it's preferable to rebuild from the ground up through the draft rather than attempt to do so from the middle of the pack through free agency.

See Chicago and Pittsburgh.

Of course, you have to get lucky and hit on your lottery picks, but you're all but certain to over pay for limited talent in the open market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad