GDT: Gm 16: Detroit at Anaheim, @ 7pm Pacific on Nov 15

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It’s becoming pretty obvious that Zegras, Terry, McTavish, and whoever we get in the top 5(hopefully) are going to lead the forwards for a long time. Could become a really Intriguing group
ConnorBedard1-1024x683.jpg

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
The most shocking revelation of the last two games is that Strand-White has actually been passable as a 3rd pairing. I like Strand, think he can be a legit 7th D who rotates in, White‘s probably a career AHLer but his presence hasn’t killed them.
"Passable" feels strong? They're aggressive which is badly needed but they are pretty leaky in their own zone. I feel like a good team with strong D depth could find room for one of these guys.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
It’s becoming pretty obvious that Zegras, Terry, McTavish, and whoever we get in the top 5(hopefully) are going to lead the forwards for a long time. Could become a really Intriguing group

If we get Bedard, then it’d be interesting to see what happens with Zegras & McTavish. Right now they compliment each other, one smaller finesse center and one larger powerful center.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Yeah it's hard to even play the "well maybe a change of scenery..." card with him because we know he's a great teammate who has worked his butt off. Opportunity has been fairly wide open/endless and it just doesn't look like it's likely to come together.

It sucks that he looked so good in preseason too, he was playing like he did when he was healthy during the shortened season but maybe that injury he got part way through has really slowed him down because he just doesn't have the same motor. Guy is so easy to root for and his body has just kept breaking down since being drafted.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
The most shocking revelation of the last two games is that Strand-White has actually been passable as a 3rd pairing. I like Strand, think he can be a legit 7th D who rotates in, White‘s probably a career AHLer but his presence hasn’t killed them.
I think it's more addition by subtraction via no Shattenkirk.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
It sucks that he looked so good in preseason too, he was playing like he did when he was healthy during the shortened season but maybe that injury he got part way through has really slowed him down because he just doesn't have the same motor. Guy is so easy to root for and his body has just kept breaking down since being drafted.
My impression of Jones before the injuries was that he didn't seem like he had the necessary hockey IQ to be a top-6 player, but could carve out a living by his physical tools and hustling.

I don't actually doubt he hustles, cause I don't think I can fault him for lack of effort, but...the physical tools seem to be breaking down much quicker than I had hoped.

Reactions: Kalv

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

As much as I prefer them to win. I think about a Top 3 pick in this draft. It would be huge and help speed up the rebuild.

The defense is going to take longer to establish especially since Drysdale being out long term but establishing a really good core forward group is a good start to contending again.

Reactions: Kalv

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Haha I think its a coincidence. He's 1 of only 2 (with Rico) with positive +/- on this team.
He also leads all the regular defensemen in SAT % and has the least offensive zone starts at 39.5%. Strand and White are being kept as far away from Gibson as possible at 85.7 and 75% respectively.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don't think it's a coincidence that in the 2 games they've not been wildy outshot, that the human black hole #22 isn't playing ...

I think it's because there's a little more balance on our blue line for the past two games. Klingberg is usually paired with either Fowler or Kulikov. If Fowler is Klingberg's pair, then Fowler has to play defense and that's never a good thing. If Klingberg is playing with Kulikov, then the defense isn't good b/c both like to pinch. Due to injuries, the Ducks were able to get a DFD at RD with Strand.

Fowler-Kulikov
Benoit-Klingberg
White-Strand

In this game, White played 10:51 and Strand was on the ice for 9:50. That means the bulk of the defense was carried by our top-4. Benoit appears to be the cog that works with Klingberg as Benoit is more than willing to stay at home and play physically.

Things not to dismiss is the better play of our forward group. Uncle Rico has stepped up with his play and Regenda has been added to the top-6. Silf has been doing the dirty yeoman's work too.

=== Feeling Minnesota ===

After two periods, it was 1-1 tie. Anaheim lost both Beaulieu and Shattenkirk in the 2nd period.

SOGs
Per 1: Wild 15, Ducks 12​
Per 2: Wild 8, Ducks 13​
----- Beaulieu and Shatty injured ----​
Per 3: Wild 16, Ducks 7​

A lot of poster just focus on end result and not really know what's going on. We were very good against Minny until both Beaulieau and Shatty left the ice due to injuries.

It's sad that all these metrics has Shatty in a positive light on ship running without sails, but fans thinks it's a coincidence. Give Shatty credit for the work he's done.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
"Passable" feels strong? They're aggressive which is badly needed but they are pretty leaky in their own zone. I feel like a good team with strong D depth could find room for one of these guys.

@Ducks DVM has mentioned that they’re sheltering them as if they’re contagious, but it doesn’t seem like a complete tire fire in their own end, so they’re passable relative to my personal expectations. I’d be curious to see if they’re suppressing high danger chances at all

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad