GDT: GM#12 LA Kings vs Philadelphia Flyers @7:30 pm 11/1/18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Obnoxious blonde rink broadcaster: how do you like the game?

PBR bullrider: this is great, I love hockey

Obnoxious blonde rink broadcaster: ahhhhhh, good for you

End interview.

You guys can complain about the kings play all you want but the broadcast is equally ugly.

Not a whole lot for me to enjoy lately.

Carrlyn’s great. Not sure how much you’re expecting from these segments, but it shouldn’t be much.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Obnoxious blonde rink broadcaster: how do you like the game?

PBR bullrider: this is great, I love hockey

Obnoxious blonde rink broadcaster: ahhhhhh, good for you

End interview.

You guys can complain about the kings play all you want but the broadcast is equally ugly.

Not a whole lot for me to enjoy lately.
Oh my god its just the worst.

And Faust getting noticably excited any time the Kings take possession of the puck in the offensive zone. Were he calling any other team’s game he’d know its a pretty mundane event.

Reactions: Reaper45

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Carrlyn’s great. Not sure how much you’re expecting from these segments, but it shouldn’t be much.
Great at what?

I expect broadcasters to exhibit a minimal sense of humanity, turn off the robot mode. Listen to the answers of your interview subject.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

vs. a historically bad PK, 5th most goals given up at this point.

Completely lifeless lackadaisical bullshit we've seen all season.

Knew that Rangers win was the worst possible thing that could happen. I let myself slip out of doom and gloom for a second and believe they'd be able to rally around it. nope. 3 PPs to 0 and getting doubled up in shots. Disgusting.

Just went back and watched it. Kovalchuk saw the contact coming and decided to not go for the puck. Could have played it.

I just read these GDTs and see posters complain about how the Kings never get any calls. There's one they shouldn't have gotten.

Disagree. Textbook interference. Folin knew he was losing that race, went for the player instead, player who never had the puck.

Reactions: Reaper45

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Carter was right there watching Forbort he needs to get back to help.

Toffoli also stopped skating on his back check he keeps skating and he gets there.

There were several mistakes on that goal
Thanks coach, always there to explain the game to the laymen like me. Cheers!

Reactions: Dooney

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Yeah Forbort sucked on that goal but the forwards were equally bad. Like these guys forgot how to play defense.

They are playing too high trying to get MOAR SPEED. Instead of just playing the correct way and being on the right side of the puck and supporting/playing faster.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Funny to hear Stoll breaking down the PP failures. This is even uglier than Jamie Kompon's "feed Stoll for the one-timer" strategy.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Funny to hear Stoll breaking down the PP failures. This is even uglier than Jamie Kompon's "feed Stoll for the one-timer" strategy.

Lol you can tell though they were trying to force the kovy one timer and philly was reading it everytime. Instead of working with what was given

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
You know, if Toffoli backchecked the entire way, he may have prevented the goal. Instead, he coasted through the middle then tried to catch up. He stopped skating.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
They are playing too high trying to get MOAR SPEED. Instead of just playing the correct way and being on the right side of the puck and supporting/playing faster.
I mean that and I feel like they're cherry picking a bit thinking about scoring only. Doesn't work like that guys and makes me wonder what Nachbaur and Lowry are telling these guys.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Kovalchuk doesn’t have to play the puck. Folin clearly initiated contact. I’m not really sure what point you’re trying to make, but it was interference.
Kovalchuck had a chance to play the puck, making him eligible to be hit. He just decided not to play the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad