GDT: GM#12 LA Kings vs Philadelphia Flyers @7:30 pm 11/1/18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
The guys had 3 days to practice and this is what they have to show for it?:huh:

200w.gif

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The roster actually started to have problems down the stretch last season, not just game 1 vs Vegas. Down the stretch the middle six went production black hole and the defense started to creep into bad habits.

Yeah, but in the last 35 games, they had 45 points, and were 4 points away from a top 4 overall record in that time. Everyone sucked except Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, Quick, and Carter, but they had something to their game. Then they weren't ready to play playoff hockey, with a roster that still had a bunch of guys that have been through playoff wars.

Yes, Stevens is horrible, but whatever. Kopitar has no choice but to play at an MVP level. That comes with that contract, whether he wants it or not. He has to be that guy. He can't be the we all just have to be good, nobody has to be great guy. That works when you can have depth without giant contracts. He has to lead, in spite of Stevens. Maybe even to spite him. This is Kopitar's team.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
That fortune teller sees lots of goals? Guess she didn’t state which team would be scoring those goals. Surely she wasn’t talking about the Kings.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Are you saying Stevens is doing a good job and the entire team failing to execute is the player's fault?

I'm saying I don't care what Stevens is doing, the players always have to be better. Belichick isn't great because he's Belichick, he's great because he's got Tom Brady. I'm of the opinion that the players always make or break the coach. Simple execution and effort on the ice is all on the players. There aren't that many different ways to play hockey. It mostly comes down to execution and effort by the people on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad