Post-Game Talk: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks lost to Calgary Flames | 5-6 (OT) | Sprong, Boeser(2), Garland, & Miller | Not Good Enough

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Natural Stat Trick had the high danger chances against as 14-7 in favour of the Canucks, which feels about right. Canucks were sloppier than they usually are, no doubt, but they also probably only give up 2-3 goals against with an average goaltending performance.

The third pairing was a problem but Myers had an ugly game too I thought.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
First period was great. Everything else was terrible.

JT Miller showed up.

#40 was useless and is now 33 games without an ES goal, but you aren't allowed to say that or people freak out because he's a special tulip who has a little knee boo-boo.

3rd pairing is a problem. Forbort is a pylon.

Silovs was horrible. Can't win with goaltending like that. Even with everything else, we should have won this game. We were listless the last two periods but it wasn't like Calgary had heaps of shots or Grade-A chances. Just fling long shots at net and one or two or three will go in eventually.

I guess this was still better than being an Oilers or Leafs fan tonight.

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
The issue is Myers looked like the third best guy on the team at moving the puck, and that is terrifying.
What do you mean looked like? He literally is.

One injury to any of Hughes/Hronek/Myers, we are f***ed.

No offense to some on this sub, but I’ve been screaming this. You need puck movement from the back end. Dump and chasing is NOT how the NEW NHL is played.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

dez

Mar 3, 2012
This current defense will not cut it in the playoffs.

Need major upgrade eventually by trade deadline.

Its early but Forbort-Desharnais aint it
Playoffs? It aint going to cut it for the regular season. Still cant believe management thought two pylons were a good idea when speed is where the game is going.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sloppy hockey......Canucks seemed almost punch themselves out in the first period. The slowest, erratic team by a mile in the second and third.

Really lucky to get a point......without Hughes and Miller, they wouldn't even have gotten that. Silovs how with a 6.00 GAA. About as ugly an opener as you can get.

The only consolation on the night is that the Leafs and Oilers lost as well.

Luongos Knob

Daaaaa Nucks
Jan 20, 2009
Tonight was a bit of a statement game for Pettersson. He needed to come out balls-to-the-wall, prove his doubters wrong and set the tone for the year.

Oh, well...
I don't even know what could be possibly wrong with him, unless..... he's washed?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
#40 was useless and is now 33 games without an ES goal, but you aren't allowed to say that or people freak out because he's a special tulip who has a little knee boo-boo.
In his defense...his knee injury does cause him to turn pucks over, give up on plays and sulk.

:eyeroll:

I don't even know what could be possibly wrong with him, unless..... he's washed?

Hubeardeauitus - Getting the bag and just mailing it in.

• Haha
Reactions: kanucks25

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
That was f***ing dogshit. The entire team quit skating after the opening 20 minutes. Too many times we've seen this happen in the Tocchet era.

Silovs...he's not a starting goalie. Let's hope Lankinen can hold the fort until Demko arrives.

Pettersson. I don't know what you can even say anymore. He looked worse than Kiefer Sherwood did tonight and we're paying him $11.6 million per season. That has the potential to be one of the worst value contracts in the league if he keeps this up. Looks like he won't even break 70 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad