Value of: Giordano

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ledge And Dairy

I can see Calgary offering a 2nd rounder for M Giordano! Either that or one of D-men J Valimaki or Oliver Kylington
No cap space as retention to acquire him is cap circumvention for the Flames. Also as much as we loved Gio there has definitely been a positive culture change since his departure. They won't be in on him, adding offense depth is a much larger priority too

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
No cap space as retention to acquire him is cap circumvention for the Flames. Also as much as we loved Gio there has definitely been a positive culture change since his departure. They won't be in on him, adding offense depth is a much larger priority too
I see,I see said the "blind" man! More Offense is good...perhaps they bring up Ruzicka,Pelletier, and Zary from the "Farm"?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
if we could acquire a 2nd for Jankrok, I would be delighted. And flabbergasted.

He's almost at a 0.5ppg pace, can PK, defensively sound and has a low caphit. He should definitely get a 2nd or a 3rd with a prospect.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
As a Florida fan I’d offer
1) Owen Tippett
2) Conditional 2023 first/2022 second based on making it to the conference finals and MG playing
3) a B prospect for your system
4) Nutivaara (to balance cap)

Reactions: FameFlame069

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
1) Owen Tippett
2) Conditional 2023 first/2022 second based on making it to the conference finals and MG playing
Honestly as a Flames fan that's a big offer, and I love the guy!

Reactions: banks

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Zary's not ready, Pelletier will probably get a shot. Ruzicka looked good in the few games he played. Either way Flames are likely to target a top 6 C/RW at the deadline. Defense is not their issue

While I agree that Giordano is probably too rich an asset to pay for, I'm honestly not super confident in Zadorov-Gudbranson as a bottom pairing. If we could get a better dman for that pairing I'd be all for it (although Valimaki might be the real answer if he can play like he has in the past but not this year). It's just that if we're paying a 1st, it'd make far more sense to target a forward that can get our second line to score

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Do the Leafs need LD? They have Reilly and Muzzin on the left side. Or is it insurance for Muzzin always getting injured in the playoffs?

LD VS RD is over rated they just need a defensive upgrade, I mean they shut down Ottawa last night but Justin Holl does need to be replaced and one game doesn't change that

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
1) Owen Tippett

If Tippett + 2022 2nd + Sourdif/Schwindt + Nutivaara was offered Seattle would jump all over that deal.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I can see Calgary offering a 2nd rounder for M Giordano! Either that or one of D-men J Valimaki or Oliver Kylington
Lol. Kylington looks to be the next potential #1 dman in Calgary. Zero chance he's traded for Giordano. Not a single player on the Kraken's roster would get Kylington back, and he has far more value than a 2nd round pick.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Yeah Toronto is the best fit for Gio, but otherwise without an over payment Seattle should just keep him and resign him, he's already a fan favorite and it wouldn't look great to trade your first captain this soon
What makes youbthink he wants to resign in Seattle?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Honestly as a Flames fan that's a big offer, and I love the guy!
Only fixable hole is LD on our team! We have the scoring, goaltending is what it is, and we have four NHL RD. We would either do

Weegar-Ek
Giordano-Montour
For sling-Gudas

or run Gio-Ek/Forsling-Weegar

We are a good D away from being in the cup favorite tier

I was thinking Hepo as the B prospect: NHL ready but stuck in depth.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Not sure that even gets you Giordano. Mikheyev is nothing but a cap dump, Dermott would be a 6/7 defender. The only decent piece is the 1st. Giordano at 50% would get that from any team looking at him. There needs to be something added to the 1st for just Giordano and not Dermott. Jankrok is also worth a 2nd himself.
You are clueless about the leaf players, Gio will get a first plus good prospect but your evaluation of the leafs players are laughable. Mikheyev is an excellent 3rd liner and dermott is a 4/5 on defense. They aren't superstars but they aren't cap dumps either.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Yes and no. It's true you don't need to worry about whether he will decline next season, but a 38 year old is more likely to run out of gas in a playoff run than a 28 year old would be.
It’s worth noting that Giordano was routinely at the top of Flames fitness testing throughout his career

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
It’s worth noting that Giordano was routinely at the top of Flames fitness testing throughout his career
By the time Giordano left Calgary he was no longer a reliable #1. He also needs a partner he has chemistry with to be effective. Giordano is still a great second pairing guy, with the right partner though. His fitness remains top notch. He's slowed down a bit from Norris winning season, and his offence isn't what it used to be.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
By the time Giordano left Calgary he was no longer a reliable #1. He also needs a partner he has chemistry with to be effective. Giordano is still a great second pairing guy, with the right partner though. His fitness remains top notch. He's slowed down a bit from Norris winning season, and his offence isn't what it used to be.
Yeah I know, I’m a Flames fan. Him and Andersson were not good last season, but he did find some better form beside Tanev. His foot speed is definitely something to be wary about at his age now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad