Value of: Giordano

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
As a Florida fan I’d offer
1) Owen Tippett
2) Conditional 2023 first/2022 second based on making it to the conference finals and MG playing
3) a B prospect for your system
4) Nutivaara (to balance cap)
All this for 40 yrs old Gio?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This starts at a first, and then we see additions based on the amount of parties interested.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You are clueless about the leaf players, Gio will get a first plus good prospect but your evaluation of the leafs players are laughable. Mikheyev is an excellent 3rd liner and dermott is a 4/5 on defense. They aren't superstars but they aren't cap dumps either.

Mikheyev may be a good 3rd liner but is a UFA in the summer. He's in the deal because Toronto would need to send cap back unless they get a 3rd team to retain 50% as well. Dermott is not a 4/5 on Seattle even after they trade Giordano. I don't think he's better than Oleksiak, Dunn or Soucy, he would be battling Fluery and Lauzon for playing time so would be a worthless addition because he may be a healthy scratch, he's in the deal for cap purposes as well. Seattle would take both players for cap purposes but that's it, they will not take them as value in the deal. There needs to be something along with the 1st that has called to Seattle.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Mikheyev may be a good 3rd liner but is a UFA in the summer. He's in the deal because Toronto would need to send cap back unless they get a 3rd team to retain 50% as well. Dermott is not a 4/5 on Seattle even after they trade Giordano. I don't think he's better than Oleksiak, Dunn or Soucy, he would be battling Fluery and Lauzon for playing time so would be a worthless addition because he may be a healthy scratch, he's in the deal for cap purposes as well. Seattle would take both players for cap purposes but that's it, they will not take them as value in the deal. There needs to be something along with the 1st that has called to Seattle.
Just don't see gio as a fit with the leafs.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
As much as I like Giordano, the Leafs are probably looking at either elevating Liljegren (who has played really well) or acquiring a RHD to bolster the right side. Rielly Muzzin Sandin Dermott (plays both sides) pretty much makes up the left side unless someone else can slide right and we could make a pair out of Giordano-Brodie.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
I think a sleeper team to make a play for him is Anaheim depending on where they’re at in the standings at the deadline. The left side on the 3rd pair leaves a lot to be desired, and Gio would be a tremendous upgrade over Benoit/Mahura/Larsson, making their D lineup look something like:

Lindholm-Drysdale
Fowler-Shattenkirk
Giordano-Manson

Ducks even have the cap space to not need retention, making the cost to acquire him even lower, in theory.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I think a sleeper team to make a play for him is Anaheim depending on where they’re at in the standings at the deadline. The left side on the 3rd pair leaves a lot to be desired, and Gio would be a tremendous upgrade over Benoit/Mahura/Larsson, making their D lineup look something like:

Lindholm-Drysdale
Fowler-Shattenkirk
Giordano-Manson

Ducks even have the cap space to not need retention, making the cost to acquire him even lower, in theory.
You make a decent argue for acquiring him but what or who is going the other way?

wraparound

May 17, 2014
You make a decent argue for acquiring him but what or who is going the other way?
honestly, I’m terrible at trade proposals. I’m sure Anaheim wants to avoid spending their 1st on a rental, but if a package could be put together with a few assets on each side to make it more of a “now & future” type of trade for both teams, that might make it more palatable.

Reactions: Mike Jones

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
honestly, I’m terrible at trade proposals. I’m sure Anaheim wants to avoid spending their 1st on a rental, but if a package could be put together with a few assets on each side to make it more of a “now & future” type of trade for both teams, that might make it more palatable.

2nd + Pastujov?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
As much as I like Giordano, the Leafs are probably looking at either elevating Liljegren (who has played really well) or acquiring a RHD to bolster the right side. Rielly Muzzin Sandin Dermott (plays both sides) pretty much makes up the left side unless someone else can slide right and we could make a pair out of Giordano-Brodie.

Rielly has and can play RD.

RD VS LD is MASSIVELY over rated

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Seattle better trade him, one of the best rentals available and they need the futures that will come back. With talent spread so thin around the league, very few teams would not love to have an upgrade at D.

A retained David Savardfetched a 1st - I assume that Giordano gets at least that - perhaps a 1st and a B tier prospect from a contending team?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Would be absolutely silly for Seattle not to move him at this point before the TDL. 100% will be interested teams willing to move decent returns if Seattle retains. No question. What's Francis' track record on those types of moves. He's only ever been a selling GM at the TDL so I'm sure there's either evidence or lackthereof to support an expectation.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Pastujov is one of their more exciting wing prospects, so either Seattle would need to add (Geekie?) or Anaheim would send a different prospect instead like LaCombe or Thrun?

I didn't say McTavish I said Pastujov. He isn't that hyped where Seattle would add a 23 year old who's already producing in the league with more upside on top of possibly the best rental defenseman. I Anaheim doesn't want to move a 1st you need to put up one of Pastujov, Tracey or Perreault.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
I didn't say McTavish I said Pastujov. He isn't that hyped where Seattle would add a 23 year old who's already producing in the league with more upside on top of possibly the best rental defenseman. I Anaheim doesn't want to move a 1st you need to put up one of Pastujov, Tracey or Perreault.
ok take Tracey lol

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
ok take Tracey lol

I think they would consider a 2nd + Tracey. I don't follow Ducks prospects but he seems to be doing well in the AHL this season. He doesn't have the offensive upside that Pastujov has but he seems like a safer pick to be an effective middle 6 player.

Reactions: wraparound

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad