Get rid of offsides review.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
To even put that in is the most silliest things ever. It's like, lets be technical just to be technical.

I believe in the spirit of the rule. Have a guy half a step offsides is not what the rule makers had in mind. PERIOD.
He was offside by a few feet. It wasn't like it was an inch or something.

People complain about refs now and how they are too subjective, but now we want a concrete rule like offside to be subjective?

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
He was offside by a few feet. It wasn't like it was an inch or something.

People complain about refs now and how they are too subjective, but now we want a concrete rule like offside to be subjective?

That's a mistake that rarely happens. I'm talking about missing it by that much but the thing is, the flow of the game was kept in check. It's not like he was just hanging out in the offensive zone "cheating" for an easy chance.

Reactions: Kato7i

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
That's a mistake that rarely happens. I'm talking about missing it by that much but the thing is, the flow of the game was kept in check. It's not like he was just hanging out in the offensive zone "cheating" for an easy chance.
Considering a player was in the zone before the puck, by definition, there was someone hanging out and cheating.

Assuming your reply is that he was barely in the zone before the puck, which is true, where do we draw the line? Oh right, the blue line.

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
Considering a player was in the zone before the puck, by definition, there was someone hanging out and cheating.

Assuming your reply is that he was barely in the zone before the puck, which is true, where do we draw the line? Oh right, the blue line.

he was skating and moving in with the rest of the line. That is not camping by any stretch.

• Haha
Reactions: Pink Mist

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
You really started a thread about that? He was way off, the linesman should have called it and deserves the ability to make that right.

Seriously, it's such an objectively easy rule to enforce, a review to get it right in big moments is hardly the end of the world.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Tonight's call was a clear and obvious offsides, not the fraction of an inch reviews we see that take 5 minutes where no material advantage was gained. One of the few plays where I'm glad there's offsides review.

I think the best balance would be allowing the situation room in Toronto to call for a review if there's an obvious offsides they spot, like tonight's and the Duchene goal. This could allow reviews and reversals for obvious offsides while not having it devolve into this thing where 90% of the reviews are for ticky-tacky instances.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Getting rid of the offside review is a bit much, but I'd like something like a 10 second time limit. It's stupid to have a goal called off because of an offiside 45 seconds ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad