GDT: Germany Vs Finland - 12/25 - 6PM ET - TSN/NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me if this game is much closer than people expect. Germany is likely to play a very patient, defensive game; and Finland could very well take it a little too easy because their opponents are running a short bench. I'll go 3-1 Finland, including an empty netter.

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
If a NHL team can lose against a zambonidriver in the net then it is not impossible at all that a junior team can lose to a team dressing only 14 skaters. Should be a comfortable win for Finland but you never know with these immature and unexperienced players how they handle these situations.

Reactions: LAINEC

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Finland wins this one with ease, Lundell will eat Stutzle alive...

With the roster Germany is icing and the fact that Stutzle hasn't played in a long time we should expect nothing less. Nothing to do with Lundell actually, has more to do with external factors. We should expect a blowout from Finland here.

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
What are you jivin' about at bro!?:huh:

Finland; the everytime losers - oder was?!:sarcasm:

The fact is that Finland are the rulers of the (icehockey-) World right about now pre-corona - coz they beat up the almighty Canaaaada in the World Championships. Remember?!:rolleyes::thumbu:

With a evil Finland-squad numberin' almost plenty to almost zero NHL-ers as a matter of fact.

Canada?

NHL - über alles.

Finland underdogs ... do bite hard'n' fast.
Even in Edmonton.:DD

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Everyone sleeping on Peterka. He is in excellent shape.

Him and Stuetzle better be in good shape.

They’ll have to play 25-28 minutes in this game. You know, a regular night for McDavid and Draisaitl lol

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Last time when hockey team was icing under 20 skaters on the game the game ended 11-1.
But that won't happen now.

Finland is a master to make first game of the tournament difficult or very difficult.
That's why i say this will be very close game and Finland wins 3-2.
Finland's goals Järventie, Lambert, Lundell
Germany's goals Stutzle and Peterka.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
Last time when hockey team was icing under 20 skaters on the game the game ended 11-1.

Finland is a master to make first game of the tournament difficult or very difficult.

I think its going to be a beat down

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Looking forward to seeing what Stutzle can do against the Finns. Couple goals and four points is my prediction.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice

I remember many games where a team had like 10 F and 6 D dressed and they were still able to compete. But 9+5 is just too few. They would need at least 2-3 skaters more.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I remember many games where a team had like 10 F and 6 D dressed and they were still able to compete. But 9+5 is just too few. They would need at least 2-3 skaters more.

Especially on a D core that was slim to begin with, forcing to play the whole game with five guys is going to be an uphill battle. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to Germany in this tournament, they deserved far more than they got last year and now their core is one year older but oh well.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
9 forwards should not be that bad since the line with Stützle, Peterka and Elias would have played a lot anyway, but the defense minus Seider was mediocre at best to begin with. Now Glötzl and Gnyp and probably Raabe will have to play a ton. I really hope Zimmermann and Münzenberger can hold their own at least a little bit.
On top of that our best remaining goalie (Bugl) after Ancicka was not able to attend is not available for at least the first two games. Even if the Finns don't take this seriously they should still win easily.

I won't even be upset if this ends in a blowout. Anything better than 0-8 and I'll be happy. With Stützle in game shape I would expect maybe a goal or two, but his injury a couple of months ago makes this even more of a challenge.
But anyway they are there, they will play and do their best, and I will watch, although I have never cared less about this tournament in the last 10 or 15 years, and that includes years in which Germany wasn't even there.

Btw, my gut says Järventie will get a hattrick.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The rest of the family is dominating the T.V.'s. The one TV left only gets TSN 4 - and that's playing an NFL game.

If anyone knows where... well... you know, PM me, please.
Msg me

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think 4-2 Finland... The German forwards will have a good game because of all the extra ice time. Germany was going to be the best dark horse in this tourney before seider and reichel couldnt go. Now it'll be tough.

Will they get more players against Canada to.orrow or they down to 14 for rest of tourney?

I like both nations ... Think it'll be fun to watch

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
It will be a close game in the beginning, but I think once fatigue settles in, the Finns will see this one out easily.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Well, well, well some may think there's only one country in the world who thinx (stinks?!) about hockey; well I can tell ya there are two!

Finland ... and Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad