German Football 2024/2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Bayern will get away with it in a lot of matches like today, but if Kompany can't convince Kimmich to play RB for the big matches at least, I'm not sure they'll fix their problems from last season.

Yeah, it's weird how Kimmich manages to convince the coaches to play him in midifield, while the team works much better when he is on the flank. Hopefully Kompany learned the lesson quickly, after Kimmich moved there when Boye was taken off.

Thomas Muller has now played most matches in Bayern shirt, passing legendary keeper Sepp Meier today.

Interestly, Muller made his debut against HSV, when Kompany played his last match for them before moving to Man City.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Left after the Bayern game but saw Wanner scored on his debut for Heidenheim. Kid will probably leave us like Samardzic & Dardai, but he’s such a talent.

Yeah, it's weird how Kimmich manages to convince the coaches to play him in midifield, while the team works much better when he is on the flank. Hopefully Kompany learned the lesson quickly, after Kimmich moved there when Boye was taken off.

Thomas Muller has now played most matches in Bayern shirt, passing legendary keeper Sepp Meier today.

Interestly, Muller made his debut against HSV, when Kompany played his last match for them before moving to Man City.

I kinda get it. Kimmich isn’t super fast and he’d be great in the Kroos role next to a holder who can shield a defense on their own…but that’s not LeGo who likes to charge forward or Pavlovic who runs about as well as current Hummels.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Jordan not scoring that 2-0 was almost impressive, but 1-0 is probably fair. We were clearly better and they were scrambling, but 2-0 may have flattered us a bit.

Like Rothe & Haberer as giant wingbacks, Hollerbach & Vertessen are doing things and our defense has them in check so far. But I'd like to see us play:

Hollerbach - Vertessen
Rothe - Schäfer - Benes - Juranovic
Khedira
Liete - Vogt - Doekhi
Rönnow​

Reactions: PanniniClaus

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dreadful match. Neither team looks very good.

It definitely had BuLi2 energy :laugh: but there was some excitement to it even if the football wasn't very skilled...I've certainly seen more boring top division matches before...

They came out with great energy and finished the match putting us under some real pressure, while in between those periods we were able to generate some good chances.

But Pauli's defense isn't good enough for this level and they lack the skill up front to succeed playing a more expansive game. I want them to stay up, but unless they start scoring a lot or they sort their defense out, it's tough to see that happening.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Beier absolutely annihilated by Werder's defense in that first half. He looked like a kid among men

I dunno how much to attribute that to beier and how much is just Dortmund looking poorly organized on both sides of the ball. Their possession structure is struggling with Werder’s press and their defense is playing with fire far too often.

Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Schlotterbeck playing LB in this shape has been interesting. But I feel like they should just go full back 3 and play Adeyemi / Bynoe Gittens as wingbacks…with Groß & sabitzer as pseudo inverted FBs…if they want 3 CBs and 3 midfielders out there.

Beier
Adeyemi - Brandt - Bynoe Gittens
Groß - Can - Sabitzer
Nico - Anton - Süle​

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Schlotterbeck is such a threat on set pieces, Dortmund almost open the scoring on a nice set piece delivery from Groß that Beier couldn’t get to the rebound of

Reactions: luiginb

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Frimpong scores, in the process disturbing a pigeon that was hanging out in the goal. :laugh:

The pigeon apparently likes that part of the pitch. Back in the goal now.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Schlotterbeck playing LB in this shape has been interesting. But I feel like they should just go full back 3 and play Adeyemi / Bynoe Gittens as wingbacks…with Groß & sabitzer as pseudo inverted FBs…if they want 3 CBs and 3 midfielders out there.

Beier
Adeyemi - Brandt - Bynoe Gittens
Groß - Can - Sabitzer
Nico - Anton - Süle​
I'm not a fan because I don't think Schlotterbeck has been great on the left, and this team doesn't have the depth to keep giving those three full minutes. I think eventually they are bound to trial a midfield of just Brandt, Sabitzer and Groß. Can just isn't good enough on the ball right now. I'd swap Can and Süle in your lineup for fullbacks and see how it works.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If that's a penalty, wowowowowow.
Incredible stupid decision to all it a foul already. But a pen? Through VAR?

Well done ref !

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Welp, had to happen sooner or later but that was a pretty crappy way to lose a game. Up 2-0, at home, giving up a soft goal or two... oh well. Onward and upward.

Reactions: gary69

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
They've given up 2+ goals in all three games they've played against Bundesliga teams. Maybe not the time to panic, but something to keep an eye on for sure.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They've given up 2+ goals in all three games they've played against Bundesliga teams. Maybe not the time to panic, but something to keep an eye on for sure.

Tah's motivation is always a big question, if he wants out it's not hard seeing him check out again.

I'm not a fan because I don't think Schlotterbeck has been great on the left, and this team doesn't have the depth to keep giving those three full minutes. I think eventually they are bound to trial a midfield of just Brandt, Sabitzer and Groß. Can just isn't good enough on the ball right now. I'd swap Can and Süle in your lineup for fullbacks and see how it works.

Oh I wasn't arguing for that, just spitballing how to make it work if they did want to keep 3 CBs and 3 CMs/DMs on the pitch. I think Dortmund should play a back 4 and I do think they need Can shielding the defense against counters. Groß - Sabitzer could work in some games but my default would be:

Guirassy
Adeyemi - Brandt - Beier
Can - Groß
Bensebaini* - Schlotterbeck - Anton - Ryersen*

Malen / Bynoe Gittens / Duranville / Reyna
Sabitzer / Nmecha
*Couto / Kabar
Süle​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad