German Football 2024/2025

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'll let my first contribution to this thread be that Königsdörffer is a top 3 last name I've come across in my life.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
IMO Köln lost the game in the first 7 minutes. 2 missed goals and the own goalie mistake.
I haven't seen such a poorly defending defence like Hamburg's since a long time. Must have been frightening to HSV fans to see this desaster.
After that "show" the game was pretty even IMO.
Köln is missing a striker (I know it's still imposssible to sign one).

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I'll let my first contribution to this thread be that Königsdörffer is a top 3 last name I've come across in my life.
0_Hull-City-V-Everton-23-Sep-2009.jpg

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Some Dortmund moves:
Füllkrug to West Ham
Moukoko to Marseille
Hummels to Bergamo

some are not confirmed yet

update:
Füllkrug to West Ham is confirmed

No Bergamo for Hummels

Last edited:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Is Moukoko still going to be an all-world superstar? Seems like the clubs that are trying to sign him are all second tier clubs and lateral moves at best.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Is Moukoko still going to be an all-world superstar? Seems like the clubs that are trying to sign him are all second tier clubs and lateral moves at best.
Didn't he play his first pro-game aged 16yo or something? And at 19yo they are giving up on him?
In the last 2 seasons he played 46 games (Buli) and scored 12 goals (don't know the ass.). Not bad IMO if you are still 19yo. But what do I know?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Still a good talent, but also overpaid and not really developing according to (high) expectations recently. Would be the best for everyone if he can prove himself in France instead of sitting on the bench in Dortmund.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

You can find my posts from the height of his hype and I always said it would be hard for him to ever become a Mbappe or Haaland because none of his physical tools was that exceptional.

But the kid still has the instincts, skill, and tools to become a Luis Suarez...and he has produced in the minutes he's gotten. He just needs a lot of PT now, at whatever level. That'll tell us how close to Suarez he can get...or if he'll surpass him.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Didn't he play his first pro-game aged 16yo or something? And at 19yo they are giving up on him?
In the last 2 seasons he played 46 games (Buli) and scored 12 goals (don't know the ass.). Not bad IMO if you are still 19yo. But what do I know?

He's been productive...in 2369 Bundesliga minutes over 4 seasons he has 17 goals and 6 assists, good for a scorer every 103 minutes...but the relationship with Dortmund seems to be broken. They made a lot of promises about PT to get him to re-sign, that weren't realized.

In part because Mouki didn't force his way onto the pitch ahead of a Füllkrug, who was also very productive for them, and probably in part because it's just harder to perform your best when you don't trust the people around you.

I think it's less about giving up on him as much as realizing it's not gunna workout for him there and that it's time for them to part ways. BVB can get a meaningful fee for him and the kid is still young enough to reach his full potential if he can take that next step in France.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hannover really struggled the first ~15 minutes but have started to play themselves into the game after escaping without conceding. Curious to see if Tresoldi can continue his strong start now to push H96 to the top of the table.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Tresoldi did a good job earning Hannover's first corner and almost set a team-mate through for Hannover's first golden chance of the match after receiving a long ball well under pressure and turning slickly to get the pass away, though he underhit the pass. He's drawing multiple defenders.

Will be very curious to see how he does this year because he seems poised to really break through for the Hannoveranner this season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
U21

Moukoko / Beier
Wirtz - Musiala - Gruda
Pavlovic - Ouedraogo
Netz/Rothe/Kabar - Arrey Mbi* - Jeltsch* - Oermann/Morgalla
Urbig / Seimen

*Blank, Drexler, Dal, Odogu, Kleine Bekel

Still a lot of questions in defense as kids make the jump to senior football, but there’s a lot of interesting prospects coming up behind Schlotterbeck / Thiaw / Bella Kotchap / Bisseck.

Really happy with our FB prospects on both sides…despite Morgalla’s frailty…and the CBs have talent if they can learn to defend grown men. Probably the rawest of that grou Odogu’s growth for the youth NTs over the past year has just been exceptional.

But god damn should we play some fun football with Wirtz, Musiala, & Gruda creating for Mouki / Beier / Weiper / Brunner, and Pavlovic-Ouedraogo driving the ball into that magical trio.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
In Kompany's competitive debut match, Kimmich starts in midfield in the cup match against Ulm. Kane on the bench, as is Olise, so Tel leads the line.

Edit: Thomas Muller buries a loose ball from inside the box at 11 mins to make it 1-0. Couple of minutes later Muller already has two goals, assist by Gnabry.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Coman makes the win certain, finishing off from pass by Olise at 78th min, who continues where he left off at the Olympics.

Edit: and Kane gets his first Pokal goal with just seconds left, to make the final score 4-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
In Kompany's competitive debut match, Kimmich starts in midfield in the cup match against Ulm. Kane on the bench, as is Olise, so Tel leads the line.

Edit: Thomas Muller buries a loose ball from inside the box at 11 mins to make it 1-0. Couple of minutes later Muller already has two goal, assist by Gnabry.

Ugh, thankfully Nagelsmann will likely stick with Kimmich at RB even if that’s not where Bayern play him. But god damn it kompany, don’t be messing with our chances in 2026!!!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Svensson with an interesting lineup using 4 central midfielders (Khedira, Schäfer, Haberer, & Benes) with two very attacking wing backs (Gosens & Hollerbach).

No Leite on the pitch or the bench even though he's healthy :-/

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7