Seravalli: Georgiev has requested a trade

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
After thinking about it. If I'm Buffalo or Arizona, I'm offering like a 4th or 5th. I wouldn't give up anything of value.

Edmonton would have to be like Koskinen @ 50% for Georgiev.

I gotta believe Edmonton would be all over that. I suspect they'd have to add a pick or prospect to get Rangers to do that. IMO, it would still be worth it for Edmonton.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Lol to all the people saying he's a 1B. Georgiev sucks. And reports are coming out that he's not well liked in the locker room either. And, most glaringly, He lost his job to Keith Kincaid last year.
At this point I'd be surprised if he brings back a 4th.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The market for goalies is slim, and Dallas is also likely to trade one of theirs, with Bishop, Khudobin, and Holtby on the roster.

Boston, Calgary, Colorado, and Winnipeg need a back up (so a lateral move for Georgiev).

Arizona needs a starter.

And Edmonton could use him if they could get rid of Koskinen somehow.

That's pretty much it.
We would take Georgiev even if we couldn't move Koskinen

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Strome, Georgiev, Rooney
for
Koskinen (50%), Kassian, McLeod, Turris, conditional 2nd 2022, conditional 3rd 2023

If conditions are met on the Keith trade, 2022 pick becomes a 3rd and 2023 pick becomes a 2nd.

Fun for everyone!

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
No. We get another window if we go to arbitration with Foegle.
Which we shouldnt imo. Just bury Koskinen for the 1.1 million savings. I still say he could be useful. I like Georgiev but there are concerns. Having Koskinen in the background might be a good thing

Bluto

Dec 24, 2017
Strome, Georgiev, Rooney
for
Koskinen (50%), Kassian, McLeod, Turris, conditional 2nd 2022, conditional 3rd 2023

If conditions are met on the Keith trade, 2022 pick becomes a 3rd and 2023 pick becomes a 2nd.

Fun for everyone!
Take out everything but georgiev and 1 of the picks and youve got a deal

Reactions: bl02

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Once DeAngelo had a new lockerroom Georgiev had only one mission. Infiltrate it and punch DeAngelo. But only after making him look bad by blowing the game with a horrible attempt at playing the puck in OT.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Take out everything but georgiev and 1 of the picks and youve got a deal

Lol yeah I was just having fun. Dont think Edmonton could add Georgiev without clearing salary elsewhere. Rangers would need a backup, no? And who better to standup to Wilson than Kassian?!

Bluto

Dec 24, 2017
Lol yeah I was just having fun. Dont think Edmonton could add Georgiev without clearing salary elsewhere. Rangers would need a backup, no? And who better to standup to Wilson than Kassian?!
We already have our wilson insurance. Keith Kincaid can be the backup he did fine last year.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
We already have our wilson insurance. Keith Kincaid can be the backup he did fine last year.

Yeah again, mostly kidding. Still wouldnt be surprised to see NYR add a goalie, though... even if its not Koskinen. Maybe NYR retains on Georgiev to get a better pick, because I do think he'd be a logical fit in Edmonton.

Bluto

Dec 24, 2017
Yeah again, mostly kidding. Still wouldnt be surprised to see NYR add a goalie, though... even if its not Koskinen. Maybe NYR retains on Georgiev to get a better pick, because I do think he'd be a logical fit in Edmonton.
I mean he has 1 year left at 2.4 million so.. sure why not?

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
I would hope the Coyotes are interested. They need another starter and having one who's young enough to groom for the future is better than signing an old guy and throwing him to the wolves.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Kinkaid sucks. He was fine on a team that wasn't trying to win at the end of last season, but trying to win going forward the Rangers definitely need a better backup than Kinkaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad