Seravalli: Georgiev has requested a trade

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
There's a million good reasons to request a trade, they just don't all have hockey as the primary motivation. Maybe he doesn't agree with Allaire's
coaching or assessment of his style. Maybe it's loyalty to Quinn. Maybe the rest of the team thinks he's a schlep for firing the first shot at a teammate but not taking any of the heat. Maybe the big city life doesn't suit him. You never know.

Any of that is a possibility, but on the other hand your also hearing some unflattering rumors about him.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I'm joking about 'the fight'.

Still, there's no good reason for a 1b to request a trade when he's competing with an unestablished goalie prospect. NYR is the best fit for him. So this is a red flag.
I wouldn’t call a top 5 goalie in the game unestablished lol

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Merc29

Sid ney Cr os by
Jul 3, 2006
Minot, ND
Georgiev to Chicago
Fleury to Pitt
2nd (Pitt) to NYR

each Chicago and New York retain 25% of 7m (1.75m) of Fleury’s contract

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Georgiev to Chicago
Fleury to Pitt
2nd (Pitt) to NYR

each Chicago and New York retain 25% of 7m of Fleury’s contract
Who did Chicago piss off, and get real with NYR retaining 25% .

Merc29

Sid ney Cr os by
Jul 3, 2006
Minot, ND
Who did Chicago piss off, and get real with NYR retaining 25% .
Fleury doesn’t want to play for Chicago
Rangers get a 2nd to retain salary (and still shed some salary, over 1 million cap space) to move someone who doesn’t want to be there. Fleury only has 1 year left so it’s not like it’s destroying them

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
I'm joking about 'the fight'.

Still, there's no good reason for a 1b to request a trade when he's competing with an unestablished goalie prospect. NYR is the best fit for him. So this is a red flag.
All good jokes contain true shit

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
His save percentage is steadily getting worse. That is not a good trend. I'm thinking a 3rd round pick, especially from a lottery team like Buffalo or Arizona.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Fleury doesn’t want to play for Chicago
Rangers get a 2nd to retain salary (and still shed some salary, over 1 million cap space) to move someone who doesn’t want to be there. Fleury only has 1 year left so it’s not like it’s destroying them
Why wouldn't NYR just trade him elsewhere instead of retaining 25%? Rangers don't need the cap saving this season so still saving over a million means nothing. If 2 teams are retaining on Fleury, Chicago could get a better return.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs might be interested.

They only have Kuemper for this season and won’t make the same mistake in overpaying. If he plays well as the backup, he could be the Starter after next season.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Holland:

tenor.gif

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
The market for goalies is slim, and Dallas is also likely to trade one of theirs, with Bishop, Khudobin, and Holtby on the roster.

Boston, Calgary, Colorado, and Winnipeg need a back up (so a lateral move for Georgiev).

Arizona needs a starter.

And Edmonton could use him if they could get rid of Koskinen somehow.

That's pretty much it.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
After thinking about it. If I'm Buffalo or Arizona, I'm offering like a 4th or 5th. I wouldn't give up anything of value.

Edmonton would have to be like Koskinen @ 50% for Georgiev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad