Seravalli: Georgiev has requested a trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I mean he has 1 year left at 2.4 million so.. sure why not?
Yeah, if theres one team that can afford to take full advantage of their cap space, its probably NYR... so why not? Certainly how I would approach it if I was in charge. Getting a 25yr old goalie with almost 100 games and 50 wins under his belt for 1.25m would appeal to a lot of clubs.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Which we shouldnt imo. Just bury Koskinen for the 1.1 million savings. I still say he could be useful. I like Georgiev but there are concerns. Having Koskinen in the background might be a good thing
Burying him might be the best option, although I worry about playing time for Skinner, and Konovolov if we have Koskinen and Stalock muddying the waters down there. Maybe Holland's plan is to run Smith and Konovolov, ha ha.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Kinkaid sucks. He was fine on a team that wasn't trying to win at the end of last season, but trying to win going forward the Rangers definitely need a better backup than Kinkaid.
Yeah but georgiev was way worse than kincaid.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
isnt edmonton going to put someone on LTIR? could they use that for Georgiev and move Koskinen with a sweetner attached to either yotes or sabres? Oil can may be also retain a bit on Koskinen to make the deal doable a little so that after georgiev the cap for that 2nd goalie is still about 4.5 aav?

or if they really want to get adventerous to also add another D they can add more sweetners

Oilers time to go for it is now; or are they fine with waiting it out for a year till kokinen is a ufa?

Reactions: Pointteen

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
"Everyone loves ADA in the room"
-A shocking number of Rangers fans, even after the team cut DeAngelo for being a complete dink to his teammates
The FO having a power trip doesn’t mean he was disliked by his teammates. When Kevin Hayes did a Q&A he was asked who his best teammates he’s ever had were and he named 3, one of them was DeAngelo. Ryan Strome called him the best teammate he’s ever had. After the incident Spittin Chickets asked around to all his former teammates and they were surprised to hear that every single one loves him & that he’s one of the most popular guys on every team he’s been on. On Sportsnet they talked about how they asked some teammates, formers coaches, arena staff, etc to rate DeAngelo as a person 1 being the best 10 being the worst and it was unanimously 1’s. The Canes have two of his former teammates in Skjei & Fast who were big parts of our leadership/core, and they have Marc Staals brother who was the teams grandpa lol. All those guys obviously said good things or Carolina wouldn’t have signed him.

DeAngelo was unanimously voted by his teammates as the funniest player on the team and he was the one who did all the fun locker room interviews that Stepan used to do. His teammates always “like”, comment and joke around with each other on his IG posts but never on Georgievs. Georgiev practically never hung out with anybody on the team and was a lone wolf. He wasn’t being a dick to teammates, he butted heads with David Quinn. So when there was an altercation that was Georgievs fault, Tony was the one on thin ice.

Reactions: Tob and Sayba

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I'm joking about 'the fight'.

Still, there's no good reason for a 1b to request a trade when he's competing with an unestablished goalie prospect. NYR is the best fit for him. So this is a red flag.
Not really, I’d still feel safer the current goalie has good odds, at least better odds of getting more games this year. Maybe Georgiev doesn’t see himself as/ want to believe he can only be a 1b goalie and wants a chance for more games somewhere

could maybe get to compete for a spot in edmonton

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The FO having a power trip doesn’t mean he was disliked by his teammates. When Kevin Hayes did a Q&A he was asked who his best teammates he’s ever had were and he named 3, one of them was DeAngelo. Ryan Strome called him the best teammate he’s ever had. After the incident Spittin Chickets asked around to all his former teammates and they were surprised to hear that every single one loves him & that he’s one of the most popular guys on every team he’s been on. On Sportsnet they talked about how they asked some teammates, formers coaches, arena staff, etc to rate DeAngelo as a person 1 being the best 10 being the worst and it was unanimously 1’s. The Canes have two of his former teammates in Skjei & Fast who were big parts of our leadership/core, and they have Marc Staals brother who was the teams grandpa lol. All those guys obviously said good things or Carolina wouldn’t have signed him.

DeAngelo was unanimously voted by his teammates as the funniest player on the team and he was the one who did all the fun locker room interviews that Stepan used to do. His teammates always “like”, comment and joke around with each other on his IG posts but never on Georgievs. Georgiev practically never hung out with anybody on the team and was a lone wolf. He wasn’t being a dick to teammates, he butted heads with David Quinn. So when there was an altercation that was Georgievs fault, Tony was the one on thin ice.
The truth, as usual, probably lies somewhere in the middle. I don't think he's the worst guy out there, nor do I buy this "he was loved by everyone". He was a loudmouth who didn't hide his feelings and opinions, and usually that will rub some people the wrong way. He might have been the team jester who made everyone laugh, but I bet there were people who also found him to be obnoxious. The TDA dismissal has been gone over a thousand times, it was the last straw. He had received multiple warnings.

As for Georgiev, I thought he could be a legit starter in the NHL a few years ago. I'm not sure about that anymore, but an even tandem would definately suit him better than what the future holds for the Rangers with Shestyorkin. Shesty is going to get 75-80% of the games going forward, and the Rangers need a backup who is capable of doing that and also accepts his role.

I could see Edmonton being interested in Sasha.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Maybe he was the real problem all along. o_O
Going to be honest, Georgiev is not well liked in the locker room. None of the Russians hang out with him and Shesterkin doesn’t even really interact with him.

Georgiev deserved to get yelled at by Tony too. Was such a dumb play by Georgiev that started that all. DeAngelo was wide open in OT to carry the puck up the right boards from our zone but Georgiev decides to try and play it up the left boards and the puck ends up on Crosby’s stick who of course scored. DeAngelo didn’t have enough time to react to that as he thought Georgiev would just pass to him which was the logical move. Maybe not right by Tony to do it right after the game, but that was easily one of the dumbest plays I’ve seen this year.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Going to be honest, Georgiev is not well liked in the locker room. None of the Russians hang out with him and Shesterkin doesn’t even really interact with him.
Probably because he is not perceived as a Russian by them.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Still, there's no good reason for a 1b to request a trade when he's competing with an unestablished goalie prospect. NYR is the best fit for him. So this is a red flag.

This doesn't make sense unless you're being unreasonably generous with the idea he's at all putting up a fight for the starting role...and unreasonably literal with "unestablished g prospect "

There are definitely good reasons. He may not have any but it's not hard to think of many he could have. Someone even gave you a list but you ignored the entire list just to hyper focus on tge one thing on it you could slightly disagree with...which was weird

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Probably because he is not perceived as a Russian by them.
No one on the team really hangs out with Georgiev. The only one I’ve seen actually consistently interact with Georgiev is Kakko who played with him at TPS but they don’t seem that close either

Reactions: EdJovanovski

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
No one on the team really hangs out with Georgiev. The only one I’ve seen actually consistently interact with Georgiev is Kakko who played with him at TPS but they don’t seem that close either
And this matters how? Not everyone has to be friends with everyone in that locker room.

I'm fine with moving him if he wants to and we get some value for it, but not being the closest friends with other people in the locker room can't be the reason. If anything it should be the opposite, you can't build your team based on how people like each other. I bet a lot of the guys are sad because Buchnevich is gone. Tough shit.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Francouz is better than he is.

Agree, but Goalie remains a huge problem with the team that led to the overpay.

Beyond the NHL team, options are JJ & Annunen. This needs to be addressed and if he can be had for a pick, add to the depth in the position.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Maybe Drury packages Geogiev with a first for some more sandpaper.
no we have enough sandpaper and should be promoting internal options like Robertson
stop giving away high picks
stop win now overreaches

Lol to all the people saying he's a 1B. Georgiev sucks. And reports are coming out that he's not well liked in the locker room either. And, most glaringly, He lost his job to Keith Kincaid last year.
At this point I'd be surprised if he brings back a 4th.

Just to be clear
my guy is Hank at league min, reinforced by Wall.

NY protected Geo b'c they viewed him as an asset w/some trade value, that's why they got Kinjkaid -- to expose him.

Yeah... not so sure about that pal.

we have better backup options.
focus should be on getting value for Geo and Kink while adding wall + hank

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad