Proposal: Geo to EDM package

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I don’t know what exactly Georgiev’s value is, but this isn’t worth moving him for.

He’s one of the better backups in the league and has shown this since Shesterkin’s injury.

Lavoie does nothing for me right now and I want no part of Koskinen.

Reactions: Flan the incredible

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Because Oiler fans have steadfastly maintained that Georgiev isn't a surefire upgrade on Koskinen. There is genuine risk in this trade.

Also, Georgeiv isn't a UFA at the end of this season. He is an RFA and will need to be qualified.

Almost every team has had better defense than the Oilers during the past five years.

My guess is Georgiev can be the difference between playoffs or no playoffs. That should be worth 2 2nd rounders.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
You're dreaming if you think he gets that. Not a chance and while that is a good guess, I don't think that is a certainty by any means.
Yeah a year ago maybe, he was a 7th round pick not too long ago! Redeemed so value when Eyegor got hurt. Edm looks stuck so maybe Rags get a 2, but a third is what he value probably is league wise.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Yeah a year ago maybe, he was a 7th round pick not too long ago! Redeemed so value when Eyegor got hurt. Edm looks stuck so maybe Rags get a 2, but a third is what he value probably is league wise.

Kosk and a 3rd plus Lavoie is what Bern, a Ranger fan asked for Geo and a 4th. Pretty much a fair trade.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
To me this package is to just make a move to make a move. It doesn't do anything for the Rangers today nor even move the bar for the future. If the Rangers could get a 2nd in the upcoming draft that would hold more value then this entire package.

Oh and you probably should get used to Strome in a Rangers jersey because I doubt he is going anywhere.

A recent 2nd is sufficient along with the pick upgrade

And you may be right about Strome it won't be the first time Ranger mgmt stupidly did not take my advice and I was proven right in the long run, beginning with trading Park + Ratelle for Espo + Vadnais

We need to give our real core max mins, that is fastest ticket to where we want to go.

Like I said, there is an overriding dominant consideration you and others are not addressing.
To max Geo performance, he needs starter mins
Our starter mins are going to Shesty
There is an inescapable logic there.

Kinkaid/Huska can handle 2nd tier teams if they get support.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don’t know what exactly Georgiev’s value is, but this isn’t worth moving him for.

He’s one of the better backups in the league and has shown this since Shesterkin’s injury.

Lavoie does nothing for me right now and I want no part of Koskinen.

like I said, there's only 1 set of starter mins and it is going to Shesty
holding Geo in the meantime makes him less sharp = not good
and
ok if Shesty is out then Geo gets starter mins but that is too expensive an insurance policy for 2nd round value + pick upgrade

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'd leave Hajek out of the deal .. and let the Rangers decide on Lavoie or the 3rd

No that is not enuf esp since it is a later 3rd for next year.
You are already getting a good price on Geo you will not squeeze and get him for less.

As for Hajek, he has to go b'c cap balance and NY needs the roster spot

package deal take it or leave it

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
Pointless to take on another player we are so deep in .. send a winger , preferred right shot
Know the needs , then offer

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
A recent 2nd is sufficient along with the pick upgrade

And you may be right about Strome it won't be the first time Ranger mgmt stupidly did not take my advice and I was proven right in the long run, beginning with trading Park + Ratelle for Espo + Vadnais

We need to give our real core max mins, that is fastest ticket to where we want to go.

Like I said, there is an overriding dominant consideration you and others are not addressing.
To max Geo performance, he needs starter mins
Our starter mins are going to Shesty
There is an inescapable logic there.

Kinkaid/Huska can handle 2nd tier teams if they get support.

I think you are hung up on his draft position and not the player. He isn't performing and I believe it was 3 years ago he was drafted. Thats not really recent.

How can you be so sure Huska can handle anything after 1 not so good start? Kincaid is also blah. Geo is by far the better goalie. The logic of we need to trade him because he needs starter minutes is doing him a favor and not the team. I dont get that logic.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think you are hung up on his draft position and not the player. He isn't performing and I believe it was 3 years ago he was drafted. Thats not really recent.

How can you be so sure Huska can handle anything after 1 not so good start? Kincaid is also blah. Geo is by far the better goalie. The logic of we need to trade him because he needs starter minutes is doing him a favor and not the team. I dont get that logic.

what you are not addressing is Geo is only the better goalie IF IF IF he gets starter mins.
There is no way that can happen w/o them coming out of Shesty's pocket.

As for Huska he had 1 game zero support vs an offensive juggernaut in Colorado, potent enuf to defeat Shesty.
If you play either Husk or Kink vs 2nd string teams AND if they get the effort from the skaters in front of them, they will be fine.

As to the return for Geo, this is the best we can expect. Let's get real.
Whether we keep/use him or parlay for something else, a prospect taken in the 2nd who has not yet moved the needle one way or the other can be flipped if nec. Yes, I would prefer an actual 2nd, but that is problematic.

Make the deal for starters, then some more
get us down to our true core
give them max mins + development

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
what you are not addressing is Geo is only the better goalie IF IF IF he gets starter mins.
There is no way that can happen w/o them coming out of Shesty's pocket.

As for Huska he had 1 game zero support vs an offensive juggernaut in Colorado, potent enuf to defeat Shesty.
If you play either Husk or Kink vs 2nd string teams AND if they get the effort from the skaters in front of them, they will be fine.

As to the return for Geo, this is the best we can expect. Let's get real.
Whether we keep/use him or parlay for something else, a prospect taken in the 2nd who has not yet moved the needle one way or the other can be flipped if nec. Yes, I would prefer an actual 2nd, but that is problematic.

Make the deal for starters, then some more
get us down to our true core
give them max mins + development

What you are not addressing is this trade does not help the Rangers today. Everything else is guess work. Dave Maloney literally said prior to Huska starting he wasn't ready in the pregame show. Geo is still better now helping the Rangers win and they can still trade him in the offseason when more teams could potentially be in on him.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What you are not addressing is this trade does not help the Rangers today. Everything else is guess work. Dave Maloney literally said prior to Huska starting he wasn't ready in the pregame show. Geo is still better now helping the Rangers win and they can still trade him in the offseason when more teams could potentially be in on him.

respectfully disagree
Geo is not better for them now if it means he has to get starter mins now that overrides other concerns

And this is the argument:
those are not 4th/5th/6th chopped liver adds

2nd + 3rd picks can upgrade [as we did adding one to a 1st to get Schneider] or can be sold for a higher value pick later

doing those things are important and should not be ignored

we have STILL not recovered fully from all the win now foolish overreaches such as Eric Staal, e,g,, and need to do this kind of stuff

finally, Barron + Krav are gonna be more impact than Strome
watch

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Not bad . I think Georgiev value is around a 2nd . He'd be an upgrade despite what some Oilers are saying so this makes sense to me . Georgiev has real talent.

Reactions: bernmeister

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This trade is a big win for the oilers. Gives them a new look in net with no real cost. A measly 3rd and a B- prospect. The oil even get a 4th back and a 7th D man.

this would be Drury losing another trade badly.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He is not the same goalie . He has played well when put in the number 1 role . He is the opposite of Koskinen . Koskinen folds like a cheap tent in a wind storm when given too much work . Geo thrives with more work .

We can go with that, but he’s wildly inconsistent. The reason is nothing other than he’s not that good. Not bad for an undrafted goalie, but I wouldn’t believe giving him some extra games does much about his inconsistency. It may even expose him. He gets a lot of easier matchups.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If I were the Rangers, I wouldn’t even consider trading my backup goalie. They are a playoff team. Their starter has already been injured once this season.

Koskinen is garbage and expensive. Rangers should and will keep their solid backup G unless an offer blows them away.

We are a playoff team because of Shestyorkin and Fox. Same reason you don’t trade for McDrai insurance. If they go down, cancel the season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Who is Dave Maloney that we should care about his warmup assessments? Do you think he ever saw Huska play in the AHL?

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Who is Dave Maloney that we should care about his warmup assessments? Do you think he ever saw Huska play in the AHL?

If you don't know who Dave Maloney i have to question if you ever watch the Rangers. Pretty sure he knows more than the average person considering his connections far outweigh any person posting on this website.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you don't know who Dave Maloney i have to question if you ever watch the Rangers. Pretty sure he knows more than the average person considering his connections far outweigh any person posting on this website.

I know who he is. His connections? I watch Hartford with my own eyes. Why should I care what some media personality says? The point is that the only reason your statement would matter is if someone didn’t know enough to have their own opinion of the situation.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I know who he is. His connections? I watch Hartford with my own eyes. Why should I care what some media personality says? The point is that the only reason your statement would matter is if someone didn’t know enough to have their own opinion of the situation.

Well I am going to go with the guy who regularly speaks with people in the organization and has for the past 50 years or whatever. You are free to have your opinion but I am going to go with the much more respected opinion who probably has spoken to the people inside the organization who have had a much closer eye on the prospect than you. Pretty sure that's what almost everyone else on the planet would do too. But you do you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad