Proposal: Geo to EDM package

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Geo + Hajek + NYR 2022 4th [Oil have no 4th atm]
for
Lavoie + Kosk + EDM 2023 3rd

all salaries full pop which gives EDM a bit of instant cap relief [4+ - hair over 3].

Value: Lavoie recently drafted 2nd rnd = sufficient value for Geo.
upgrade of pick reflects both pick now for later pick + NY taking Kosk back

NY should get 4th or 5th for expiring Hajek, but I am more concerned about
a) creating instant roster spot
b) giving the guy a good home as NYR has way too many LD ahead of him
c) recover cap hit now

For those who foolishly insist on win now, and think Geo should be kept this season:
1. It is INDISPUTABLE that Rangers do not have cap for Strome or Geo going forward.
2 More immediately pertinent, we have discerned Geo's track record is starter quality IF IF IF he gets regular starter mins.
NY should NOT give Geo starter mins over Shesty
Shesty should get starter mins vs toughest competition and let Kinkaid/Huska handle balance.

Kosk should be waived to the A.
If someone wants to take him now, great.
If not, see if Benny Allaire can up his game as an insurance policy.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Georgiev is worth a 3rd, if that. Edmonton isn't trading a top prospect for him and will ease the cap impact by having someone to a trip to Robidas island.

/Lock thread

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Geo is more of what the Oilers have been doing for years, a guy that shows flashes but isn't really a definite starter. What the Oilers have been doing isn't working.

Reactions: nturn06

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Georgiev is worth a 3rd, if that. Edmonton isn't trading a top prospect for him and will ease the cap impact by having someone to a trip to Robidas island.

/Lock thread

I don't see Lavoie as a top prospect. He is a B level prospect to me and plays very hot and cold. If he figures things out, as in how to be a consistent player at the AHL level, we can talk about him being a better prospect.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
for

all salaries full pop which gives EDM a bit of instant cap relief [4+ - hair over 3].

c) recover cap hit now

For those who foolishly insist on win now, and think Geo should be kept this season:
1. It is INDISPUTABLE that Rangers do not have cap for Strome or Geo going forward.
2 More immediately pertinent, we have discerned Geo's track record is starter quality IF IF IF he gets regular starter mins.
Shesty should get starter mins vs toughest competition and let Kinkaid/Huska handle balance.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

He knew who you meant.

Georgiev for Koskinen @ 50% + 5th is a more reasonable trade than something like this. I would have said 4th, but EDM doesn't have a 4th. Edmonton needs a legitimate upgrade in net if they're going to make a trade. Georgiev is literally on the same level as Smith.

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Don't see many Oilers fans saying No to this.. gives us a different look in net even of it may not be an upgrade.

With Holloway, Bourgault knocking on the door and Savoie, Petrov developing Oilers can afford to move from Lavoie.

The guy is red hot in AHL so it might haunt EDM down the road if he could translate his play in NHL as soon as next year.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
He knew who you meant.

Georgiev for Koskinen @ 50% + 5th is a more reasonable trade than something like this. I would have said 4th, but EDM doesn't have a 4th. Edmonton needs a legitimate upgrade in net if they're going to make a trade. Georgiev is literally on the same level as Smith.

I really don't know what the Oilers would get in Georgeiv. Another Koskinen? Maybe.

Then again he might actually have starter potential. We know Kosk does not.

Georgeiv also is a RFA at the end of the season, which shouldn't mean a massive pay raise.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
for

c) recover cap hit now

Lavoie isn’t even a good prospect. A week ago (last I checked) He was 0.41 PPG AHL player. Was almost an overager when drafted. Late sept birthday. He’s a B- level prospect and one that may never make the NHL as a regular. What’s the odd interest in this guy?

Target the Savoie kid at DU. He’s a better player.

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Lavoie isn’t even a good prospect. A week ago (last I checked) He was 0.41 PPG AHL player. Was almost an overager when drafted. Late sept birthday. He’s a B- level prospect and one that may never make the NHL as a regular. What’s the odd interest in this guy?

Target the Savoie kid at DU. He’s a better player.

I'm not willing to give up Savoie for a goaltender we have little faith in.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
for

c) recover cap hit now

Fax over the paper work . Well done and we have a deal .

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Fax over the paper work . Well done and we have a deal .
God no how do the oilers give up a better pick a better prospect for basically the exact same type of goalie. Georgiev is a younger Koskinen way to keep the goaltending just as awful while giving up better pieces just to do it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hajek is a nothingburger and I sincerely don't see much of an upgrade in Georgiev.

I'd probably still do it because I'm not sure about Lavoie's upside and it clears some cap for us, but I sure wouldn't consider our goaltending fixed in any way.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This one makes a lot of sense. I don't know much about Hajek, but positionally I don't think he's what we need, unless he can play right side. If we could swap in a similar forward (centre preferably) then I would be happier, but I would agree to this one regardless. If nothing else, it's a prospect and pick swap to unload Koskinen and give Georgiev a try out. It may not be the long term answer, but it doesn't hamstring us, and is a legitimate short term solution.

Reactions: bernmeister

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Hajek is a nothingburger and I sincerely don't see much of an upgrade in Georgiev.

I'd probably still do it because I'm not sure about Lavoie's upside and it clears some cap for us, but I sure wouldn't consider our goaltending fixed in any way.
I think we swap nothingburgers, as Lavoie isn't my favourite prospect.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
God no how do the oilers give up a better pick a better prospect for basically the exact same type of goalie. Georgiev is a younger Koskinen way to keep the goaltending just as awful while giving up better pieces just to do it.
Better prospect? Its basically a wash. We get the cap space to help fix other issues immediately, we get rid of Koskinen, who is done in Edmonton (confidence is shot again), and get a guy on a hot streak. All for swapping blah prospects and mid round picks.

Reactions: McSuper

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Rangers say no. Geo has played well recently and the Rangers arent going to downgrade in net and potentially open up a hole for a meh prospect and to upgrade a few spots in the mid rounds of the draft. Dont really see how it benefits the Rangers at all to be honest.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
A whole lot of meh in this proposal. If this was the trade to try and fix goaltending this year, it's not a clear upgrade to the current Smith-Koski tandem. Personally I'd pass..

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He knew who you meant.

In what way is that reasonable for NYR? That's making a move to make a move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad