OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing - Round XII

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
It's the thing I hate the most about boxing. Too much pride to throw in the towel and they're allowed to get knocked out multiple times in a fight as long as they can get up quick enough and act awake
And what's the problem...this is fighting not tag.

Great fight. Respect to both combatants

Reactions: Redux91

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
And what's the problem...this is fighting not tag.

Great fight. Respect to both combatants
The problem is the fight went on 3+ rounds too long and now Wilder will spend the night in the hospital and will probably never be the same again. The problem is this happens way too often.

It was a great fight and it still would have been a great fight if it was stopped earlier

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I think Wladimir Klitschko can rest easier knowing he got beat in his last match by Fury who is just a beast in his own right... that is now clear as day.

Reactions: Tyson

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
I think Wladimir Klitschko can rest easier knowing he got beat in his last match by Fury who is just a beast in his own right... that is now clear as day.

His last fight was a loss against Joshua actually. Which was another absolutely epic heavyweight clash.

Give me a competitive heavyweight boxing division over anything the UFC can do. You just can't beat it. Lots of great fights coming up for sure.

Reactions: PhysicX

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
His last fight was a loss against Joshua actually. Which was another absolutely epic heavyweight clash.

Give me a competitive heavyweight boxing division over anything the UFC can do. You just can't beat it. Lots of great fights coming up for sure.

Right sorry, but you know what I meant...

I think Wlad could have beat Joshua in a rematch. Joshua got him at the end if I remember correctly.

I don't think Wlad could have beat Fury in a rematch.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Right sorry, but you know what I meant...

I think Wlad could have beat Joshua in a rematch. Joshua got him at the end if I remember correctly.

I don't think Wlad could have beat Fury in a rematch.

I think you are right about that. He knocked AJ out and never went for the kill after. Fury beat him at his own game. Fury is on an entirely different level than any other HW right now.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Great fight. Both had to dig deep. I’m disappointed Wilder didn’t acknowledge Fury at the end.

100% , really cant believe Wilder couldnt at least get up to hug Fury after all theyd been through, looks bad on deontay overall on top of than getting knocked the f*** out to boot lol

What.a.heavyweight.championship.fight. (we're spoiled as the other one 2 weeks ago was great as well)

So glad I got to see this one in my lifetime (Tyson-Fury 1 was spectacular as well with a 50% strength fury)

Would like to see a Deontay Wilder vs Anthony Joshua fight now , i think Deontay came away from the trilogy as a BETTER fighter honestly lol he should thank Tyson, even non-title fight id watch that one in a heartbeat

Fury vs Usyk if it happens for the unification of all the belts I believe would be a BETTER fight than Fury vs Joshua ever could have been(joshua is just simply not that amazing after all lol) , but having said that, I think it would be a VERY difficult task for Usyk,
Fury, like he said himself, is basically a freak of nature anomaly that comes once a generation, this time a heavyweight
Its great to have the division back honestly, 2004-2015 Klitcshko reign will go down as the "dark times" lol

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
100% , really cant believe Wilder couldnt at least get up to hug Fury after all theyd been through, looks bad on deontay overall on top of than getting knocked the f*** out to boot lol

What.a.heavyweight.championship.fight. (we're spoiled as the other one 2 weeks ago was great as well)

So glad I got to see this one in my lifetime (Tyson-Fury 1 was spectacular as well with a 50% strength fury)

Would like to see a Deontay Wilder vs Anthony Joshua fight now , i think Deontay came away from the trilogy as a BETTER fighter honestly lol he should thank Tyson, even non-title fight id watch that one in a heartbeat

Fury vs Usyk if it happens for the unification of all the belts I believe would be a BETTER fight than Fury vs Joshua ever could have been(joshua is just simply not that amazing after all lol) , but having said that, I think it would be a VERY difficult task for Usyk,
Fury, like he said himself, is basically a freak of nature anomaly that comes once a generation, this time a heavyweight
Its great to have the division back honestly, 2004-2015 Klitcshko reign will go down as the "dark times" lol

It's a great time for boxing right now in general to sure. We are fortunate.

It'll be a while before we see this again.

Tyson Fury and Joshua, my guy Canelo (still.my favourite fighter though fury made a strong case in this fight) Benavidez coming up if he could stop being such a hothead. And even Jake paul if that's your thing, putting on a bit of a side show.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020

His trainer said Wilder really believed that Fury poisoned his water and had illegal gloves in the second fight, that's why he didn't shake his hand.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Problem is until recently these guys avoided each other. I would love to see Fury vs winner of AJ/Usyk and Wilder vs the loser.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Aug 21, 2016
His trainer said Wilder really believed that Fury poisoned his water and had illegal gloves in the second fight, that's why he didn't shake his hand.

Wilder is a classless person. He already mentioned he would love to kill someone in a rink, so personally I have 0 respect for him and Im happy Fury kicked his ass another time.

Reactions: jackeymoon

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Problem is until recently these guys avoided each other. I would love to see Fury vs winner of AJ/Usyk and Wilder vs the loser.
The promoters definitely get in the way of the big fights. Always protecting their big money fighters from getting beat. Fury should absolutely be fighting the winner of AJ/Usyk, but I'm sure the boxing politics will complicate it somehow. It's a shame.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
The promoters definitely get in the way of the big fights. Always protecting their big money fighters from getting beat. Fury should absolutely be fighting the winner of AJ/Usyk, but I'm sure the boxing politics will complicate it somehow. It's a shame.

This is definitely true, you don't want to put your prize fighter up against someone that you feel will beat him.

In Fury's case though I'd say he is fine to take on both Joshua and Usyk.

It was funny in Joshua Vs. Usyk people were saying how small Usyk is. I mean, I believe he's 6'3? Not a small guy. Against Fury though, Usyk would look like a bean.

But nobody wants Fury Usyk. That does nothing for me personally. I think this era will have to be closed with Fury with Joshua, even though I am pissed at Joshua for tarnishing himself now. We forgave Ruiz, but to have this happen again, to Usyk, Fury showed who is the real top heavyweight. I'm pretty sure most boxers would rather fight Usyk than Wilder.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
This is definitely true, you don't want to put your prize fighter up against someone that you feel will beat him.

It was funny in Joshua Vs. Usyk people were saying how small Usyk is. I mean, I believe he's 6'3? Not a small guy. Against Fury though, Usyk would look like a bean.

But nobody wants Fury Usyk. That does nothing for me personally. I think this era will have to be closed with Fury with Joshua, even though I am pissed at Joshua for tarnishing himself now. We forgave Ruiz, but to have this happen again, to Usyk, Fury showed who is the real top heavyweight. I'm pretty sure most boxers would rather fight Usyk than Wilder.

Im still interested to see who is the best between Joshua and wilder personally. Those two with fury were considered top 3 not long ago. If not too much damage occurs it can be still be interesting.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Im still interested to see who is the best between Joshua and wilder personally. Those two with fury were considered top 3 not long ago. If not too much damage occurs it can be still be interesting.

I definitely would be as well!

I'd have to say Wilder would win that fight though, personally. I won't bother looking up stats but I believe before Fury, Wilder was 41 fights with 41 knockouts. I believe fury is the only fighter he couldn't knock out.

With Joshua's questionable chin, I'd have to give it to Deontay.

But God, I'd love to see it. I'd love to see Joshuas clean and polished style against Wilders haymaker homerun style.

I also just don't like Wilders character so would be nice to see Joshua put him down further, if he could.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick

AJ's gameplan against Usyk. was suspect. No idea why he was trying to outbox him.
Usyk definitely threw a wrench into the HW division but the guy is a superb boxer. Fury/Usyk would probably be tactical and pretty boring. Doesn't interest me much either. Maybe AJ can win the rematch but he's gotta go for the knockout early. Seeing AJ/Fury at a packed Wembley for all the belts would be unbelievable....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad