Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
That’s what I expected, but you know you’re stacked when you can cut the reigning WHL scoring champion in the first real round of cuts.

Reactions: MNRube

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Bummer to see Beckman get cut. But I can see him struggling to play his game now that hes playing against better competition. He will need a year or two to learn.

However, it is equally encouraging to see O’Rourke staying in the mix. There are some damn good players who he has outlasted and it is a good sign for his future.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Bummer to see Beckman get cut. But I can see him struggling to play his game now that hes playing against better competition. He will need a year or two to learn.

However, it is equally encouraging to see O’Rourke staying in the mix. There are some damn good players who he has outlasted and it is a good sign for his future.

I dont think it should be that big of a surprise, the only reason he made it to the 2nd round from what ive read is his injury last year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It was Hunt.

Beckman looks like a guy who has grown a lot, but hasn't filled out. He looks at least 6', if not an inch or two more. Doesn't seem to be all that strong, or quick, though he can get up some speed if given room. At the Team Canada camp the competition was too fierce for him to get any room. He had a clean break at one point, but couldn't bury it. For a guy with his game, he's gotta make those chances count, as he was an underdog going in. Hopefully he'll take the lessons learned from the camp, hit the gym, and work on his skating stride. He does have a nice shot. He didn't get too many chances to get it off, but you could see that he's a sniper.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Wondering how fellow cord-cutters such as myself are planning on watching the WJC? I'm thinking about subscribing to Hulu (because they have NHL Network) for 1 month at a cost of $40. Any better options? Legal ones only, please.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Wondering how fellow cord-cutters such as myself are planning on watching the WJC? I'm thinking about subscribing to Hulu (because they have NHL Network) for 1 month at a cost of $40. Any better options? Legal ones only, please.
Create a new email address and get a free trial :-D

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, he was a longshot. Can't say i love Spence....different kind of player.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Don't know whether I'm excited or nervous to see how Rossi and Khusnutdinov will perform against bigger, better competition here. Obviously Marat has acquitted himself well against men in primarily a PK role with SKA, and Rossi didn't look out of place in his 1 game in Switzerland, but it was an area of concern for both going into the draft. Both have struggled to produce vs. quality competition in the past, and that's the main thing I'll be watching for this year.

Be cool if Boldy continues looking like an absolute stud, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad