Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Novak is by far most skilled forward on CZ roster, yes he is better than Mysak, Pytlik and Teply. Very speedy and flashy offensive player. I´ve allways liked him more than Mysak who is so greedy with the puck.
That's good to hear. Why isn't he playing higher in the lineup? skating looks off to me.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
That's good to hear. Why isn't he playing higher in the lineup? skating looks off to me.
They said that about Jack Eichel too.

Obviously not saying he’s the next Eichel but I’m not going to criticize how a player skates as long as it’s not a detriment to their game.

plenty of players with weird skating strides that do just fine.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
They said that about Jack Eichel too.

Obviously not saying he’s the next Eichel but I’m not going to criticize how a player skates as long as it’s not a detriment to their game.

plenty of players with weird skating strides that do just fine.
Who said that about Eichel lol? I’d never heard that in my life. The guy was one of the most explosive skaters to come through the draft in a decade.

Reactions: MNRube

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Is there any steam to the rumors that the agreement between the NHL and the CHL preventing their prospects under the age of 20 in the AHL might be rescinded for this season? It will be interesting to know if our guys like Beckman and O'Rourke have a place to play sometime soon.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Is there any steam to the rumors that the agreement between the NHL and the CHL preventing their prospects under the age of 20 in the AHL might be rescinded for this season? It will be interesting to know if our guys like Beckman and O'Rourke have a place to play sometime soon.
Yeah, but I believe it’s only an option if CHL leagues cancel completely.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, but the AHL isn't starting up till Feb 5, and even that might be subject to change if the Covid numbers don't come down. That's really late to start the season.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Hey guys, Leaf fan in peace. Are Kaprizov and Rossi expected to be on the roster this year? I know Rossi is at the WJC and won't be part of training camp but wasn't sure if he is expected to be on the wild. Asking because my keeper draft is tomorrow.

P.S. im happy for you guys that the Wild are finally getting some good offensive talent coming through the pipeline with Rossi, Khusnutdinov, Kaprizov, Boldy and Khovanov.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Hey guys, Leaf fan in peace. Are Kaprizov and Rossi expected to be on the roster this year? I know Rossi is at the WJC and won't be part of training camp but wasn't sure if he is expected to be on the wild. Asking because my keeper draft is tomorrow.

P.S. im happy for you guys that the Wild are finally getting some good offensive talent coming through the pipeline with Rossi, Khusnutdinov, Kaprizov, Boldy and Khovanov.

Kaprizov is a lock to make the roster.

Rossi has already left the WJC and will take part in the training camp after a 7 day quarantine, but it depends on his performance if he sticks around for the whole season.

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Mennell second in points for dmen in the KHL, leading in PPG for Dmen.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I just saw Pronman's U23 rankings on The Athletic and his ridiculous ranking of Rossi at #77. And the primary reasoning being because of the showing in the WJC? Are you kidding me?

For reference, some other rankings:

#3 Lafreniere
#11 Byfield
#14 Stuetzle
#15 Zegras
#16 Dach
#28 Kaliyev
#30 Perfetti
#32 Holtz
#43 Boldy (lol, I mean I agree but 34 spots higher than Rossi).
#48 Caufield (LOL)

Quote:

Rossi is one that I’m sure to get strong feedback on. Given his size and lack of great speed, a big part of me ranking him a tier higher and No. 9 going into the draft was his great skill, compete level and production in the OHL. There’s always a part of your brain when you rank an undersized junior player without elite speed highly that questions how does it translate to a better level, and his showing at the world juniors made those concerns more evident.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I just saw Pronman's U23 rankings on The Athletic and his ridiculous ranking of Rossi at #77. And the primary reasoning being because of the showing in the WJC? Are you kidding me?

#3 Lafreniere
#11 Byfield
#14 Stuetzle
#15 Zegras
#16 Dach
#28 Kaliyev
#30 Perfetti
#32 Holtz
#48 Caufield (LOL)

Quote:

Rossi is one that I’m sure to get strong feedback on. Given his size and lack of great speed, a big part of me ranking him a tier higher and No. 9 going into the draft was his great skill, compete level and production in the OHL. There’s always a part of your brain when you rank an undersized junior player without elite speed highly that questions how does it translate to a better level, and his showing at the world juniors made those concerns more evident.
Pronman is notorious for being heavily influenced by recency bias. Pretty laughable rankings with some of the players around Rossi in the ranking. That said, he was still ranked as a top line player.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

#3 Lafreniere
#11 Byfield
#14 Stuetzle
#15 Zegras
#16 Dach
#28 Kaliyev
#30 Perfetti
#32 Holtz
#48 Caufield (LOL)

Quote:

Pronman is on drugs if he thinks that Kaliyev should be ranked above Boldy.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I generally don't criticize a list like that as it really is hard to compile and get something that looks somewhat 'correct'..but holy mother of God, that was his worst, and I mean WORST list I've ever read. Pronman is out of his mind.

OK. Boldy around 40 for all under 23? Ok. I can deal with it. But I don't agree with his 'below average' skating nor 'average' hockey sense. I think he has average skating and above average hockey sense.

Rossi? I can also see how you could push him out of the top 30. But..77? Is it really that hard to factor in the team surrounding him at the WJ's? And just apparently forget what he just did in the CHL?

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I generally don't criticize a list like that as it really is hard to compile and get something that looks somewhat 'correct'..but holy mother of God, that was his worst, and I mean WORST list I've ever read. Pronman is out of his mind.

OK. Boldy around 40 for all under 23? Ok. I can deal with it. But I don't agree with his 'below average' skating nor 'average' hockey sense. I think he has average skating and above average hockey sense.

Rossi? I can also see how you could push him out of the top 30. But..77? Is it really that hard to factor in the team surrounding him at the WJ's? And just apparently forget what he just did in the CHL?
The guy is just shooting himself in the foot by doing these lists. If you want to evaluate prospects, ok: do that. If you want to evaluate NHLers: do that. When you try and mix players who’ve not played in the NHL with players who have, some of which are entering their 5th NHL season, you’re asking for trouble. Nobody in the world has enough time to watch enough games on these prospects to effectively rank players. That’s why scouts are regional. Go to 100 or so games a year in your league and tell me where the players rank there. But not only does he say he evaluates prospects, but he also does things like this that suggest that he can also watch the NHL and keep tabs on the young, recently graduated players. He can’t do all this; These rankings draw a lot of attention, but at the end of the day they’re not credible.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

#3 Lafreniere
#11 Byfield
#14 Stuetzle
#15 Zegras
#16 Dach
#28 Kaliyev
#30 Perfetti
#32 Holtz
#48 Caufield (LOL)

Quote:

Please provide the link

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
And the primary reasoning being because of the showing in the WJC? Are you kidding me?
#48 Caufield (LOL)

He's talking out of both sides of his mouth on this one; if he cares so much about the WJC why is Boldy so low? He was one of the best prospects in the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad