OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 3 - Read OP before posting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Thanks yall

---

Had a weird experience last night. Walking out of Whole Foods and theres a guy sitting outside with a gallon of milk and a jar of artsinal olives. Maybe homeless or mental health, not 100% sure. I love olives and i talk to everyone, so i say "hey man, those look like really good olives" .. then he asked if I wanted one and opened the jar. I said no. he opened the jar and encouraged me to take one. I said no, "there your olives, i dont want to put my hands in there, you take one out and give it to me"

i then realize im about to eat form this dudes hand and I am a bit of a germaphobe.

then he says "take the whole thing"

me "no way man"

him "i only bought it for the oil"

sure enough there was no oil in there but a huge pile of accumulated spit in front of where he was sitting.

me "okay thanks man" .. take olive jar (just to get out this now long but what was supposed to be a short exchange) and now am sure I am going to get hit up for an exchange like $ or something and thatd be fair. I fell this far into the exchange, i know how these things go.

But that was the end of it.

Got the jar of olives less the oil still sitting on my passenger seat of my car right now, gonna throw them away.

Weird .. but thats how they go sometimes

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Thanks yall

---

Had a weird experience last night. Walking out of Whole Foods and theres a guy sitting outside with a gallon of milk and a jar of artsinal olives. Maybe homeless or mental health, not 100% sure. I love olives and i talk to everyone, so i say "hey man, those look like really good olives" .. then he asked if I wanted one and opened the jar. I said no. he opened the jar and encouraged me to take one. I said no, "there your olives, i dont want to put my hands in there, you take one out and give it to me"

i then realize im about to eat form this dudes hand and I am a bit of a germaphobe.

then he says "take the whole thing"

me "no way man"

him "i only bought it for the oil"

sure enough there was no oil in there but a huge pile of accumulated spit in front of where he was sitting.

me "okay thanks man" .. take olive jar (just to get out this now long but what was supposed to be a short exchange) and now am sure I am going to get hit up for an exchange like $ or something and thatd be fair. I fell this far into the exchange, i know how these things go.

But that was the end of it.

Got the jar of olives less the oil still sitting on my passenger seat of my car right now, gonna throw them away.

Neil Racki has a wild life....

Reactions: Calicaps

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida

I feel like the rest of us are living in black and white and you're out there hitting random folks with a Technicolor machine gun...

giphy.gif

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If any of you did Reignmakers on Draft Kings, it's being shut down

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
So check out mister Neil Racki, oh-oh-oh
He bought some wild, wild life
On the way from the food market, oh-oh-oh
He got some wild, wild life
Pick it up when he wants olives, oh-oh-oh
He doing wild, wild life
I know it's the way you like it, oh-oh
Living wild, wild

It could write itself

(Also, I was this many days old when I discovered David Byrne, the founding member of Talking Heads, lived near Baltimore starting from age 8 or 9 and I have some close connections to him both family and professional.)

Last edited:

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
So check out mister Neil Racki, oh-oh-oh
He bought some wild, wild life
On the way from the food market, oh-oh-oh
He got some wild, wild life
Pick it up when he wants olives, oh-oh-oh
He doing wild, wild life
I know it's the way you like it, oh-oh
Living wild, wild

It could write itself

(Also, I was this many days old when I discovered David Byrne, the founding member of Talking Heads, lived near Baltimore starting from age 8 or 9 and I have some close connections to him both family and professional.)
I think he’s still there right? Taught at MICA for a long time

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
I think he’s still there right? Taught at MICA for a long time
According to the end all be all Wiki article he lives in NY now, so while he may teach remotely or as an occasional guest lecturer I don't think he's a regular Joe teacher. (The family I have that runs in the same circles, has some 1 degrees of separation, is based out of Baltimore... I imagine they would have mentioned it too if he was still a regular there.)
He HAS done lectures / publications through MICA post Heads days.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
According to the end all be all Wiki article he lives in NY now, so while he may teach remotely or as an occasional guest lecturer I don't think he's a regular Joe teacher. (The family I have that runs in the same circles, has some 1 degrees of separation, is based out of Baltimore... I imagine they would have mentioned it too if he was still a regular there.)
He HAS done lectures / publications through MICA post Heads days.
Yeah he lives in New York, rides a bicycle to get around the city. He is a really interesting guy. I saw him interviewed about a year ago - they were at his apartment in NY and he had a Grammy wedged into his bookshelf to stop the shelf above it from collapsing :laugh:

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
What are yalls go to seasoning mixes? currently looking for a fish mix which is citrus/garlic but curious as to what yall use

Cavenders greek or adobo for quick chicken

soy vay veri teriyaki marinade for salmon

steak? i usually do nice cuts so its cast iron, salt/pepper w fresh rosemary or thyme and garlic .. then bast in butter for last min of cooking

fish? i dont have a fish go to quick mix .. ive been doing a quick sage/thyme/salt/pepper homemade mix but its fine but not popping.

I need a citrus element without having to zest a lemon or lime

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
How do all these hockey fights end up in my threads

Tinner

Steak - Dales Seasoning Marinade (#1 in the Nation) for 15 minutes salt and pepper

Reactions: Neil Racki

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
PSA if you joined my fantasy football league from here. The league renewed and we had our draft this afternoon. 2 teams were no shows, and they got pretty good autodrafted rosters. They were in draft positions 1 and 2. :laugh:

So, you might have a team to play if interested. If not, let me know if you can so I can either find another manager or at least know to set the rosters each week.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
PSA if you joined my fantasy football league from here. The league renewed and we had our draft this afternoon. 2 teams were no shows, and they got pretty good autodrafted rosters. They were in draft positions 1 and 2. :laugh:

So, you might have a team to play if interested. If not, let me know if you can so I can either find another manager or at least know to set the rosters each week.
Aww snap .. im one of those guys!

Thanks for the reminder. I havent been to that email account since I had a brief moment of morality and deleted the sex videos I secretly recorded of me and the wifey.

2 defenses .. going kicker and D in rounds 8 and 9 ... probably better then I could have done honestly

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Aww snap .. im one of those guys!

Thanks for the reminder. I havent been to that email account since I had a brief moment of morality and deleted the sex videos I secretly recorded of me and the wifey.

2 defenses .. going kicker and D in rounds 8 and 9 ... probably better then I could have done honestly
I thought that was you! :laugh:

It's a solid team, for sure. Hard to see how anyone could have done better.

That leaves us with 1 more manager/team that isn't accounted for. I *think* that might be usiel, but I can't tell from the name and email. That's another really strong team imo.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I thought that was you! :laugh:

It's a solid team, for sure. Hard to see how anyone could have done better.

That leaves us with 1 more manager/team that isn't accounted for. I *think* that might be usiel, but I can't tell from the name and email. That's another really strong team imo.
Yeah that is probably me with those yahoo emails I never check so let me. I'll check in a bit here.

• Love
Reactions: bacchist

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Ok I was able to get in Marlowe Majestics and modify week 1. If there is anything else I need to do let me know.
Awesome. You're looking good! You got a tough matchup week 1, though.

Enjoy the season. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with along the way.

Reactions: usiel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad