General Fines and Suspensions thread (2021-22)

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I just want to say that I love the way you use tables and colors in this thread and I wish people would use more tables. Makes everything look nice and leads the eyes to the right place.

Reactions: uncleben

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Foligno was suspended 2 games less than a month ago for kneeing...

How a player can repeat the same offense in such little time and not be treated and escalated for his history is beyond me...
Paros, George. Adjective. Moronic, nonsensical. Choosing to light up a smoke in the fireworks factory was a Paros decision with dire consequences.

Reactions: uncleben

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
With Matthews being penciled in for a hearing for his cross-check to Dahlin's neck, I figure it was time once again to explore the DoPS Farmer Almanac to get some potential insight on what the outcome might be!

PlayerOffenseNotes
Joel Edmundson
NIVYI45.gif
May 22, 2021
Cross-checking - No supplemental discipline
Both Edmundson and Simmonds received 2 minute minors for roughing. Interestingly, Shea Weber did receive a fine for cross-checking Simmonds in the head in this same exact game
Jonathan Drouin
M63Olrr.gif
January 18, 2022
Cross-checking - $5,000.00
Drouin fined less than the maximum allowable, for a player of his salary
Markus Niemelainen
omffacZ.gif
February 19, 2022
Cross-checking - $2,043.75
Niemelainen fined the maximum allowable, for a player of his salary
Ridly Greig
8IpuE1y.gif
September 26, 2021
Cross-checking - 2 game suspension
(1 preseason + 1 regular season; $4,470.84)
Offense was deemed beyond a fine. Salary is forfeited for each regular season game suspended
Auston Matthews
DDz1GvU.gif
March 13, 2022
Cross-checking - ???
Matthews was offered a hearing which allows for the possibility of a suspension.
Matthews would lose $58,201.25 per game suspended, and can be fined up to $10,000 with a hearing being offered

After referencing the Alamanac... there is no pattern...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad