Prospect Info: General Discussion of Prospects

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Any chance Paltapov makes the jump to the AHL next year?

Feels like its best for his development to play in the AHL next year.
Seems very difficult to get him here given his contract and the broader global context. But also given that context, getting him out ASAP might be of significant importance.

Would be very cool to link him up in Roch with Neuchev, Kisakov, Novikov, and Komarov though.

Reactions: toddkaz

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Seems very difficult to get him here given his contract and the broader global context. But also given that context, getting him out ASAP might be of significant importance.

Would be very cool to link him up in Roch with Neuchev, Kisakov, Novikov, and Komarov though.
It's dangerous to play with this, Fedotov is already in trouble. :laugh:

Reactions: Jacob582

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Plenty of players have moved once their KHL deals are up, not sure that it's all that difficult.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The question was about getting him to the states for this upcoming season, which would certainly seem difficult given the year remaining on his KHL deal.

Ah, I was reading that as at the end of his contract - that is toward the end of the coming AHL season. I expect him to be over and be closer to the depth role guy they need, though this year was certainly a bump along the way.

Reactions: HOOats

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There is no reason to push another forward into the development group in Rochester either.

Left WingCenterRight WingLeft DefenseRight DefenseGoalie
Isak RosenJiri KulichMatthew SavoieRyan JohnsonZach MetsaDevon Levi
Lukas RousekNoah OstlundAnton WahlbergNikita NovikovVsevolod Komarov
Olivier NadeauTyson KozakViktor Neuchev
Alexander Kisakov

There is only so much ice time and so many roles.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
There is no reason to push another forward into the development group in Rochester either.

Alexander Kisakov

In theory: that looks like a fun line for the third group.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Alexander Kisakov

"Trade the pick"

or in long form

"Trade the pick for a quality NHL asset that'll play multiple years here and fills a role they need"

If Adams can't accomplish that long form, find a GM who can.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

Alexander Kisakov

God love him, but I don't think Nadeau is a developmental priority. He'll get in where he fits in, but moves won't be made in consideration of him.

Couple that with one of Rousek, Rosen, Kulich, and Savoie likely being in Buffalo and we've got a spot or two open in Roch.
Right, and there's been zero indication Poltapov wants to.

We're not even sure what he is yet. Excellent bottom 6 NHLer profile, but kind of stalled development this past season.
Stalled development last season is all the more reason to break him out of there and get him with our young Rus in Roch. If he's trending towards a contract and there's an out for him, pull the trigger now.

"Trade the pick"

or in long form

"Trade the pick for a quality NHL asset that'll play multiple years here and fills a role they need"

If Adams can't accomplish that long form, find a GM who can.
If anything, our depth chart says trade a prospect and make the pick at 11. It's old hat by now, but loosening this 20-22yo F glut and introducing a new prospect with a fresh dev clock makes the most sense to me.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
God love him, but I don't think Nadeau is a developmental priority. He'll get in where he fits in, but moves won't be made in consideration of him.

Couple that with one of Rousek, Rosen, Kulich, and Savoie likely being in Buffalo and we've got a spot or two open in Roch.

Stalled development last season is all the more reason to break him out of there and get him with our young Rus in Roch. If he's trending towards a contract and there's an out for him, pull the trigger now.

If anything, our depth chart says trade a prospect and make the pick at 11. It's old hat by now, but loosening this 20-22yo F glut and introducing a new prospect with a fresh dev clock makes the most sense to me.

Nadeau is going to get worked into roles they had for guys like Murray honestly - size and willingness to play around the net. It's internal replacement for Mersch and Murray. If anyone under other circumstances is likely to shuffle out as redundant, I would look at Kisakov. But since he's part of how the Russian contingent is fitting in, I would think he stays. But he's the redundant one in their prospect stable.

They don't have enough roster spots for Poltapov or any other forward prospect, even if Rousek and another graduate/is traded. They need the muckers they haven't put any emphasis on drafting or signing to ELC's to round out the lineup. Their division embraces rough play, they don't have the horses to push back without filling in with grown ups who play a physical game who are not NHL prospects.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Capture.PNG

Not everyone that is currently listed online as a center will play center long term, but this is an interesting way to lay things out.

RhinosLastFan

Nov 7, 2017
View attachment 899773

Not everyone that is currently listed online as a center will play center long term, but this is an interesting way to lay things out.
Yeah, a good exercise and kind of eye opening. This list makes Tullio seem even weirder of a sweetener to get in the McLeod trade.

Dare I say, for once, I actually like that D group. Lacks any true star power, but quite a few guys with a good chance to make it.

Reactions: Jacob582

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, a good exercise and kind of eye opening. This list makes Tullio seem even weirder of a sweetener to get in the McLeod trade.

Dare I say, for once, I actually like that D group. Lacks any true star power, but quite a few guys with a good chance to make it.

Listing some of them on RW is odd - Poltapov is a left shot who was normally on LW with CSKA and it looks more like that would be what he winds up being. Rosen has played both wings, same with Rousek.

They had very, very few righthanded shooting players last year in Rochester. Tullio gives them a 2nd to go along with Nadeau who has work to do to be up in Rochester.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad