Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Kings Cup Champs

Oct 1, 2007
KINGS of Hockey
From the article:C
Conclusions
  • Deaths increased in Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas
  • Test positivity increased in South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Utah, Nebraska
  • Hospitalizations increased in Mississippi, South Dakota, Arkansas, Tennessee
  • Cases increased in South Carolina, Mississippi, South Dakota, Missouri, Nebraska, Georgia
Upward trends
  • South Carolina: Cases, percent positive cases and deaths trending up
  • Mississippi: Cases, hospitalizations, deaths trending up
  • South Dakota: Cases, hospitalizations trending up
  • Arkansas: Hospitalizations trending up
  • Tennessee: Hospitalizations trending up
  • Texas: Deaths trending up
  • Florida: Percent positive cases trending up
  • Missouri: Cases trending up
  • Nebraska: Cases, percent positive cases trending up
  • Georgia: Percent positive cases trending up

Here is a site that will help you see how things are playing out.

https://rt.live/

I
t does the current Rt level of each state. You will notice, as of yesterday, 10 were on or above the 1 threshold. To give you some reference. 3 weeks ago only tweet states were above the 1 threshold. And 4 days ago only 6 were above the 1 threshold. By following this data, it tells me that the cavity’s is building up in many places around the country. I slay suspect that the virus needs quite a bit of time to “build up steam” when it is below 1 and the starts to exponentially grow once it gets being 1. And with all of the riots, and the potential super-speader events taking in many metropolitan areas. I would expect this virus to start spreading rapidly from here. And that is NOT good. It looks like we could have two simultaneous events occurring at the same time that cause much damage and chaos. Isn’t it kinda of ironic that while the Spanish Flu was ravaging the plant, we are in the middle of WWI. And now with Covid-19 we are in the middle of Civil War II? I guess history does repeat itself.

LA Kings Cup Champs

Oct 1, 2007
KINGS of Hockey
Come on dude. I don't even want to argue anymore about this, but that is a ridiculous accusation. You are the one running around trying to find some way to prove a statistic wrong. It mentioned the states used. It mentioned the metrics they looked at. You are the one attempting to prove it wrong by throwing out completely unrelated articles. You are the one showing unrelated information from unrelated states to try to prove the tweet wrong. You are the one accusing everyone else of being partisan, I simply threw that back at you.

What value do you gain from knowing how many total covid cases are at each individual meat packing plant? How is that pertinent information? They are still being tallied in the state totals, but specific information is not begin given out.

You did find a spike, but that spike was 4 cases. Just to be clear, they had 4 cases. Not 4 hospitalizations, not 4 deaths, but 4 cases. However, there is a county that did see a spike, still the vast majority of countries and states are not seeing significant spikes in deaths or hospitalizations after opening up.

This all started because I thought your attack on the tweet was completely unfounded and I still believe that. It is from ABC, so it is not some partisan organization. They did not lie about any data. They are not presenting any information that goes against what most other places are finding. A report isn't shitty because you dislike the information.

Sorry, bro. But @Raccoon Jesus is right here. That information is handpicked to tell a particular story that the author wants you to believe. It is highly misleading.

Last edited:

LA Kings Cup Champs

Oct 1, 2007
KINGS of Hockey
Here is a site that will help you see how things are playing out.

Rt Covid-19

I
t gives the current Rt level of each state. You will notice, as of yesterday, 10 were on or above the 1 threshold. To give you some reference, 3 weeks ago only two states were above the 1 threshold. And 4 days ago only 6 states were above the 1 threshold.

By following this data, it tells me that the virus is building up in many places around the country. I suspect that the virus needs quite a bit of time to “build up steam” when it is below 1 and then starts to exponentially grow once it gets above 1. And with all of the riots, and the potential super-speader events taking in many metropolitan areas, I would expect this virus to start spreading rapidly from here. And that is NOT good. It looks like we could have two simultaneous events occurring at the same time that cause much damage and chaos.

Isn’t it kinda of ironic that while the Spanish Flu was ravaging the plant, we were in the middle of WWI. And now with Covid-19 we are in the middle of Civil War II?

I guess history really does repeat itself.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I don't condone the violence or the mass gatherings right now, but you might not find it so funny when you realize that some of these people wonder what the point of staying home is when the cops can just break your door down and shoot your ass dead for no reason at all. There are plenty of asshats that are taking advantage of the situation, there always are, but for a lot of people this is a life and death struggle of it's own.

That wasn't the point.

You have certain people that a week ago were so adamant about staying home that they had to virtue signal it with FB frames and post nonstop shaming people for going to the beach or going to a restaurant now switching their virtue signaling to showing support to thousands of people marching down a street. They completely contradict themselves and they are just to stupid to realize it.

Like I said, I am totally supportive of peaceful protests, like I said, I actually think it's great people are out. But lets be honest the lockdowns and shaming people to stay home were a total joke and history will show it as much. All it took was this story to make it go from front page wall to wall coverage to completely irrelevent in the eyes of the media and the sheep who follow it.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
That wasn't the point.

You have certain people that a week ago were so adamant about staying home that they had to virtue signal it with FB frames and post nonstop shaming people for going to the beach or going to a restaurant now switching their virtue signaling to showing support to thousands of people marching down a street. They completely contradict themselves and they are just to stupid to realize it.

Like I said, I am totally supportive of peaceful protests, like I said, I actually think it's great people are out. But lets be honest the lockdowns and shaming people to stay home were a total joke and history will show it as much. All it took was this story to make it go from front page wall to wall coverage to completely irrelevent in the eyes of the media and the sheep who follow it.
Your stance is lacking in nuance, but I don't care to argue about it. I'm also not going to attempt to answer for everyone on the internet, I was just pointing out that there are people who two weeks ago wanted to stay home to protect themselves that can no longer sit quietly.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Isn’t it kinda of ironic that while the Spanish Flu was ravaging the plant, we were in the middle of WWI. And now with Covid-19 we are in the middle of Civil War II?
That is a horribly bad exaggeration afew days of protesting and looting do not equal a war...lol. You might want to take a couple of days off of the internet after an exaggeration that bad.

There have also been numerous pandemics during wars. ww1 was not the only war with a pandemic

Last edited:
Reactions: KINGS17

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Your stance is lacking in nuance, but I don't care to argue about it. I'm also not going to attempt to answer for everyone on the internet, I was just pointing out that there are people who two weeks ago wanted to stay home to protect themselves that can no longer sit quietly.

Why can't they sit quietly?

I have family members who are on the brink of losing their business because they were told to sit quietly, they were threatened with arrest if they opened up. We are now supposed to completely forget about about headlines like the Atlantic ran talking about "Georgia's Human Sacrifice", none of that matters now because people on your side believe that this cause is more noble than someone losing a business?

Where is the Atlantic or NY Times headline talking about social distancing in regards to the protests? Does it simply not matter at all anymore? And if it doesn't what does that say about what we've lived through the last two months.

That is a horribly bad exaggeration.

You might want to take a couple of days off of the internet after an exaggeration that bad

There have also been numerous pandemics during wars.

A Civil War would lose support of the elite media class once these ANTIFA geeks started reaching the wealthy neighborhoods surrounding DC and NYC. We already saw it with that hilarious collection of tweets from that NBA writer in Beverly Hills. These people love to be faux revolutionaries from the safety of the Hamptons and Hollywood Hills.

As for the rest of us, the war wouldn't last long, once they got beyond city limits and started entering the more rural domain of us 2A people it would be a bloodbath.

Reactions: Lt Dan

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
People need to start asking themselves what is antifa, and what is their true purpose. I don't think antifa is about getting justice, or prevention of police brutality, which should be the focus of everyone in the aftermath of George Floyd's death.

Reactions: Herby and KingsofLA

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
People need to start asking themselves what is antifa, and what is their true purpose. I don't think antifa is about getting justice, or prevention of police brutality, which should be the focus of everyone in the aftermath of George Floyd's death.
I did not know who Anifa was until i moved from Southern Cali to WA. Its so unfortunate so many of our young kids would join that group.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Why can't they sit quietly?

I have family members who are on the brink of losing their business because they were told to sit quietly, they were threatened with arrest if they opened up. We are now supposed to completely forget about about headlines like the Atlantic ran talking about "Georgia's Human Sacrifice", none of that matters now because people on your side believe that this cause is more noble than someone losing a business?

Where is the Atlantic or NY Times headline talking about social distancing in regards to the protests? Does it simply not matter at all anymore? And if it doesn't what does that say about what we've lived through the last two months.

I don't equate losing a business to losing a life, no. It's not about nobility. I don't know of any technology to bring people back from the dead, do you? To bring it close, imagine your family members were being picked of by the authorities one by one. How many would you allow before you were spurned to action? Also, you need to ease up on that shit. I'm not taking sides, I'm merely looking at the problem through someone else's eyes.

LA Kings Cup Champs

Oct 1, 2007
KINGS of Hockey
That is a horribly bad exaggeration afew days of protesting and looting do not equal a war...lol. You might want to take a couple of days off of the internet after an exaggeration that bad.

There have also been numerous pandemics during wars. ww1 was not the only war with a pandemic

You are just as much entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I am NOT being hyperbolic by declaring these riots are a Civil War. I am not saying this war will end with many deaths, but with the death of systematic racism and vast socioeconomic differences...that is what this "War" is about; the freedom and equality of every citizen of this country; to have "the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". But you can't have these things when the opportunities are not there and when your government holds you down. We are supposed to be here to make the world a better place, not to deplete, so much so, that we wind up "choking" ourselves to death, via pollution and other such things that are harming this planet and each other.

LA Kings Cup Champs

Oct 1, 2007
KINGS of Hockey
Today the Rt level of 12 states are now at one or above. Yesterday there were only 10. Also, 35 of the 50 states are at .90 or above. Also, Georgia just took at BIG jump up to 1.14, which is the highest that I have seen any state reach since I found this site over a month ago.

upload_2020-6-1_11-20-30.png

Rt Covid-19

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
You are just as much entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I am NOT being hyperbolic by declaring these riots are a Civil War. I am not saying this war will end with many deaths, but with the death of systematic racism and vast socioeconomic differences...that is what this "War" is about; the freedom and equality of every citizen of this country; to have "the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". But you can't have these things when the opportunities are not there and when your government holds you down. We are supposed to be here to make the world a better place, not to deplete, so much so, that we wind up "choking" ourselves to death, via pollution and other such things that are harming this planet and each other.

:facepalm:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I don't equate losing a business to losing a life, no. It's not about nobility. I don't know of any technology to bring people back from the dead, do you? To bring it close, imagine your family members were being picked of by the authorities one by one. How many would you allow before you were spurned to action? Also, you need to ease up on that shit. I'm not taking sides, I'm merely looking at the problem through someone else's eyes.

I'm truly at a loss, from the first sentence on. George Floyd is dead, it's terrible what happened, we all agree. But the marching isn't bringing him back, and according to the medias critiques from last week it's literally human sacrifice to be out in public. If this virus as bad, deadly and dangerous as the media and the social media virtue signalers made it out to be then they should be getting the same exact treatment people got last weekend for going out or for opening up their businesses.

When you tell people that the risk is so severe that they can't open up their businesses then the risk should also be just as severe if you are marching down a street with thousands of people. Is that an incorrect statement? I'm legit confused about what you are trying to say, are you saying that you think the people protesting the murder of George Floyd have more of a right to be out interacting with people than someone does of running their business does? I'm confused

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
I don't own any guns. I detest them actually. But at times like this I wonder if I should get one to protect myself just in case.

All I know is that looters and arsonists will keep looting and burning until law enforcement makes them stop. There may be something to letting these law breakers release some steam, so to speak, for a while, but the reality is that Anifa and BLM and others similar groups are encouraging lawlessness, not merely protests, to further their political agenda. These looters and arsonists aren't all members of these groups, but we know exactly why protests have turned so violent.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
calling the events of this weekend "Civil war 2" is not stating an opinion, it is making a really dumb really exaggerated statement. A a statement dumb enough for you to be called out on

and this is not a war go experience what war actually is before you make such a dumb statement because you clearly have zero idea what actual war entails

Also racism is one flaw of humans that exists in every country on every continent around the globe. It has existed since the dawn of man and will unfortunately probably never go away

Last edited:
Reactions: ibleedkings

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I don't own any guns. I detest them actually. But at times like this I wonder if I should get one to protect myself just in case.
Just a heads up, if you are serious do it soon besides the 10 days waiting periodm there is a serious back log of orders and the 10 day period begins once the store receives the gun from the manufacturer. So you are realistically looking at close to a month. that may get longer with the riots and looting

your best bet for home defense is a shotgun. If you go the pistol route, get a revolver over a a jammie. If you do have any questions, feel free to PM me

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

All I know is that looters and arsonists will keep looting and burning until law enforcement makes them stop. There may be something to letting these law breakers release some steam, so to speak, for a while, but the reality is that Anifa and BLM and others similar groups are encouraging lawlessness, not merely protests, to further their political agenda. These looters and arsonists aren't all members of these groups, but we know exactly why protests have turned so violent.

You should. I sleep better at night knowing I am armed. I was like you, was not a gun guy but now am hooked.

People who called 911 in Minneapolis the first night were basically told they were on their own. Think about that for a second. Even in the best case scenario, the cops will be minutes away when you only have seconds between life and death.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Bandit is right though; losing a business is not the same as someone dying. That starts to changes a bit after you've had to go into forclosure - your wife dies from cancer because she neglected her health because she was overwhelmed and depressed - your daughter starts prostituting after she meets a pimp at the sleazy motel youve had to move to ;gets her hooked on herion and then turns her out where she eventually gets into the wrong car and is murdered. Not the same.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
If you put about 99 more of those emojis your post would be more accurate. The government is holding us down! So let's have a revolution and make an even bigger government. That will fix things!

It drives me nuts. So the government is this big oppressive machine...that you want to give more money and power to?

How the f*** does that make ANY sense at ALL!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad