Gene Principe

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Seriously Oilers fans. Was the decade of darkness not enough pain for you guys? You have to watch this walking, talking, pun making buffoon prance around in boxing gear on your broadcast?
Rather have Eric Francis and his is this hockey or baseball intel?

I'm not a fan, but the dude is non-offensive and doesn't take himself too seriously, he's nothing to complain about.
This guy gets award for best flames fan. See him regularly being normal

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
Woah woah woah, Ryan Leslie absolutely is entertaining. He's not as in your face with the humor, but he throws his puns out there too and is regularly joking around... he used to have a game with Gaudreau where Johnny would bet him he couldn't work certain words into interviews.
Ryan Leslie the Harvard educated rapper?

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
This guy gets award for best flames fan. See him regularly being normal
I'm actually an asshole. But generally it's because people are saying stupid shit that gets under my skin and my tolerance for those who lack intelligence is slight. But I don't see the point in trolling or starting a pissing contest, like every Flames or Oilers related thread seems to turn into.

Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Gene Principe is an absolute beauty. He's typical cool prairie uncle vibe
Yeah. Every time I see him I think ‘fun dude’ and ‘loves his job’. I mean, I’m not expecting genius tv. Just fun and tell me a hockey story. Check, check.

At least Sportsnet forced him to finally get a haircut.
I can agree with this. That was the worst bad hockey hair.

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
Just talked to Gene about you and this thread you made and he’s such a nice guy he’s willing to toss a penny your way as to not live in your head completely rent free. Spend it wisely kiddo.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Gene is the guy you like having over for Thanksgiving but then you don't mind if you don't see him again until Christmas.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Gene got his stride with Joe Pascucci on CKND in Winnipeg back in the day.

There were lots of Gene Principe gems on CKND Sportsline back in the day, but one that stayed with me was once, during a Flames highlights segment, Robert Reichel's helmet came off, revealing a skinhead-type buzzcut.

Gene goes: "more like Robert THIRD Reich-el"

You can't say things like that on TV anymore :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Bender Duster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad