Euro: GDT: Germany - Scotland

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
All of them seem to have good chemistry. It's very entertaining show but I just don't have time to watch all of them.

It’s funny you mention that because when I was posting I was thinking that and there’s only one guy who stands out a bit to me in that regard and it’s Carrragher. He really seems to enjoy taking digs at Neville and they don’t always seem in jest. And Gary doesn’t reciprocate. Anyway, yeah, the banter during the pre-show is usually the best part. They do come out pretty regularly , but I’d recommend catching up on them. Plenty of them are good and you can just have them on in the background while you’re doing something else.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It’s funny you mention that because when I was posting I was thinking that and there’s only one guy who stands out a bit to me in that regard and it’s Carrragher. He really seems to enjoy taking digs at Neville and they don’t always seem in jest. And Gary doesn’t reciprocate. Anyway, yeah, the banter during the pre-show is usually the best part. They do come out pretty regularly , but I’d recommend catching up on them. Plenty of them are good and you can just have them on in the background while you’re doing something else.
He and Neville do seem to be having a bit of a bromance but sometimes it does come off as Neville not bothering to reply because he's won a lot and Carragher's won f*** all compared to him. Considering what he's said while working for CBS, he really should think twice before opening his mouth sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: les Habs

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Honestly impressed by Germany so far. Best game I've watched them play at an actual tournament since 2018 against Italy.

Portugal at the last euros was impressive as well. But yeah, the team has been looking good under Nagelsmann, despite CB still being our weakness and Neuer showing his age more & more.

Having Musiala, Wirtz, and NT-Kai can make any game interesting with a proper structure supporting them.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
More importantly he’s actually fun to watch.

Gruda’s another jitterbug in that mold. Didn’t make the team this cycle, but it seems the rest of Germany has noticed how much fun it is to watch the ball at his feet.

Suicide watch possibly? You can be sure he will come the second Germany lose.

Oh even if we somehow win the whole thing that will just prove our lack of young talent :laugh:

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Fullkrug’s reaction to get off that strike that quickly was impressive.

It’s still a little weird to me that he’s actually lived up to his early hype, but he’s always been a lot more talented than a striker who spent so many seasons in BuLi2 should’ve been.

Shame it took so long for him to get serious about his career, but at this point I trust him to score in more games that he appears in, than not.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Gruda’s another jitterbug in that mold. Didn’t make the team this cycle, but it seems the rest of Germany has noticed how much fun it is to watch the ball at his feet.

Oh even if we somehow win the whole thing that will just prove our lack of young talent :laugh:
They greeced their way into a cup.

Reactions: cgf

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It’s still a little weird to me that he’s actually lived up to his early hype, but he’s always been a lot more talented than a striker who spent so many seasons in BuLi2 should’ve been.

Shame it took so long for him to get serious about his career, but at this point I trust him to score in more games that he appears in, than not.

I’m too ignorant of him to probably say, but I would imagine it’s down in part to his style. Not the flavor of the month much less the last decade in football despite the fact that it can still be quite effective.

It happens. Look at Gyokeres. Sometimes the stars don’t align. Also, considering when joined BVB, the league already had a lot of strikers who were putting up good goal scoring numbers. Some of them are IMO more impressive than others, but when you have that many guys putting numbers on that many teams you have fewer suitors. And I’m sure Bremen weren’t looking to move him the prior season after promotion. I think the pinnacle has been reached for him, something that other players who might have enjoyed more time in the Bundesliga never see.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I agree that his type of forward is probably the worst position you could have picked to come through in the 2010s. So many higher level teams will simply not play that kind of forward unless they also have high pace and skill.

In Germany there's been a total cultural change on that, too. 20-30 years ago the pure goal scorer players were generally among the most popular and celebrated players, the last 10-15 years that has totally shifted toward the quick, dribbling 'hanging forward/attacking midfielder' hybrid types.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’m too ignorant of him to probably say, but I would imagine it’s down in part to his style. Not the flavor of the month much less the last decade in football despite the fact that it can still be quite effective.

It happens. Look at Gyokeres. Sometimes the stars don’t align. Also, considering when joined BVB, the league already had a lot of strikers who were putting up good goal scoring numbers. Some of them are IMO more impressive than others, but when you have that many guys putting numbers on that many teams you have fewer suitors. And I’m sure Bremen weren’t looking to move him the prior season after promotion. I think the pinnacle has been reached for him, something that other players who might have enjoyed more time in the Bundesliga never see.

Oh totally. He was the next Kruse both on & off the pitch lol. He started to take his career a lot more seriously in recent years and he’s finally living up to his potential because of it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I agree that his type of forward is probably the worst position you could have picked to come through in the 2010s. So many higher level teams will simply not play that kind of forward unless they also have high pace and skill.

In Germany there's been a total cultural change on that, too. 20-30 years ago the pure goal scorer players were generally among the most popular and celebrated players, the last 10-15 years that has totally shifted toward the quick, dribbling 'hanging forward/attacking midfielder' hybrid types.

He wasn’t on Kruse’s level, but he had the skill to have had a very different career if his priority had been his career from day 1. Eberl wanted to get him badly after that first season with Hannover, but Niclas was content partying on a BuLi2 salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00