TV: GDT. Game of thrones episode 2 discussion. Stay out of if you have not seen it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
That was a really good scene. The entire fireplace set was killing me until that scene. I felt like they could have used Jaime's character better during the trial.

It would have been perfect if not for the stupidly clunky intro of Tyrion calling her Ser Brienne for no reason

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
yy6ue31u0qt21.jpg

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Someone from the show confirmed that the Night King has one particular target in mind. It's possible Bran is just wrong but I doubt it. The Night King is probably just on the dragon or laying low elsewhere.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I need to rewatch. So many moments. The last surviving Brothers of the Nights Watch having their moment on the wall.

Also shoutout to Bran torching Jamie early on and Sansa flexing all over Dany.

Reactions: Blender

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Getting emotional over this stuff. Anyway...

Alright. Sansa and Theon is happening

What is happening there? He helped her escape if I recall correctly, but I don't remember them being that close even as a result. I just need to go back when it's all said and done and watch it all over again from the first season.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Why is Sansa so serious and wise all of sudden? Cringy writing and acting. Other than that great episode that actually felt like GoT for the first time since season 6 lol.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Getting emotional over this stuff. Anyway...

What is happening there? He helped her escape if I recall correctly, but I don't remember them being that close even as a result. I just need to go back when it's all said and done and watch it all over again from the first season.

They grew close because of that. Helping her escape Ramsey would be a big deal.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
The song was a nice touch from the books. Perfect time for it what with Brienne being knighted. Great scene.

Got emotional at least 3 times tonight which shows me there was weight and depth tonight behind the scenes.

Bonus points for Ghost.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Why is Sansa so serious and wise all of sudden? Cringy writing and acting. Other than that great episode that actually felt like GoT for the first time since season 6 lol.
I have had my issues with her character, but I thought she was really good in this one. Was finally being diplomatic and appreciative, and not just jumping to conclusions about Jon, while still being the power hungry person she has become by asking about the future of the North.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Next week will likely be a bloodbath, and a frenzy, but am hoping (and have faith) the showrunners will make sure each dead characters gets a bit of a moment, in death.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
They grew close because of that. Helping her escape Ramsey would be a big deal.

Well plus they both have the mutual "we've been beaten/assaulted/tortured" by Ramsey thing going on. He was forced to watch her be raped on their wedding night and probably many other times too.

Apr 28, 2010

Sansa's getting all the infos from Bran. I assume she just asks him anything she needs to know

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Apparently not a body double. 'Game of Thrones': Maisie Williams discusses Arya's surprise Gendry scene

There was a sensitive pragmatic question which needed to be answered, however. To put it bluntly: Was Arya going to be naked on camera? Many cast members have appeared nude on the show, though typically signed on when they were at least 18 years old (and often agreed to nudity as part of their deal). The 22-year-old Williams joined Thrones when she was 11 and has grown up in front of fans. Williams says the showrunners let her decide precisely how much to show. “David and Dan were like: ‘You can show as much or as little as you want,’” Williams says. “So I kept myself pretty private. I don’t think it’s important for Arya to flash. This beat isn’t really about that. And everybody else has already done it on the show, so… “

Still, when it came time to film the encounter, Williams had to be naked-ish on set, and that was a naturally a bit awkward. “In the beginning, everyone was really respectful,” she says. “No one wants to make you feel uncomfortable which kind of makes you feel more uncomfortable, because no one wants to look at anything that they shouldn’t look at which in turn makes you feel like you look awful because everyone is kind of like—“ [Williams averts her eyes]. “You want people to act more normal.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad