TV: GDT. Game of thrones episode 2 discussion. Stay out of if you have not seen it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
This episode was MUCH better than last week

Disagree, much of it was campy with forced awkward dialogue. We don't a final goodbye for all these characters, GOT has never been about wrapping up everything with a bow.

I don't care if there was action or not, aside from a few scenes the remainder was bad. Part of it is the reduced season. Next week will be action-packed for sure.

Reactions: Keggatron

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Some thoughts on next week...

Jamie survives because Cersei has not seen the last of him. Probably goes for Tyrion too.

Jon and Dany survive because they won’t resolve this by killing one of them off now.

Ghost survives because I want him to damn it.

Tormund and Brienne survive because they have to start populating the WBA (Westeros Basketball Association)

Bran may not survive because if they actually defeat the Night King he may not have much of a role to play afterwards.

Beric is as good as dead.

The Hound survives because Clegane Bowl.

Gendry survives so that they can all go back to KL and tell Cersei, “this is your husband’s only surviving child.”

I think everyone else is probably fair game.

Reactions: Rob and Kurtz

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What an incredible episode.

It had such an ominous tone right from the get go, and the way the characters spend the "final night" was fantastic. Seeing that group all together drinking whine telling stories, Brienne getting Knighted. Arya and Gendry, the Hound and Berric...

Awesome episode with a fantastic undertone. This was meant to be a good bye to a number of our favorite characters. Next week is going to be one insane battle and without question we are going to lose a lot of characters that have been here from the beginning.

Get ready for an extremely long week ahead.

EDIT: Who do people think is the first to die next week? My thinking is we see a significant, impact death very fast to really kick off the significance of the fight.

My thoughts are its Grey worm as the Unsullied in the thick of the battle early on get decimated.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Disagree, much of it was campy with forced awkward dialogue. We don't a final goodbye for all these characters, GOT has never been about wrapping up everything with a bow.

I don't care if there was action or not, aside from a few scenes the remainder was bad. Part of it is the reduced season. Next week will be action-packed for sure.

We are not getting goodbyes for all characters for the sake of it though...

They all think they are going to do so THEY want closure. That was the theme of the entire episode and it was AWESOME! Right tone, right mood, right pace.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
We all knew this was coming. Her entire identity is built upon her "right" to the Iron Throne as the last surviving Targaryen. Jon just destroyed that foundation.

Oh i know.but i also just think it reinforces how cold she truly is.
this is gonna end so ugly (pls let it end ugly - because i'll be pissed if it's kiss kiss, and all better)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Gwendoline Christie really nailed the Knighting scene. She really showed the apprehension at first that everyone was just playing a joke on Brienne like so many other people have during her life, followed by how appreciative and proud she was that Jaime was sincere and that everyone in that room respects her for who she is, something that she hasn't had much of in her life.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Gwendoline Christie really nailed the Knighting scene. She really showed the apprehension at first that everyone was just playing a joke on Brienne like so many other people have during her life, followed by how appreciative and proud she was that Jaime was sincere and that everyone in that room respects her for who she is, something that she hasn't had much of in her life.

Best scene of the episode that had several.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Now that he has a dragon, there is really no need for him to advance on foot. He could be in Kings Landing

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

That was a really good scene. The entire fireplace set was killing me until that scene. I felt like they could have used Jaime's character better during the trial.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
This was an episode of saying goodbye to a lot of our favorites. Next week is going to be the end for a lot of them and much sadness will ensue.

Yup.

Expected this type of episode really. Everyone knows the big battle is next episode and there is nothing between the White Walkers and Winterfell. So just build up to next week.

Glad Jon told her. I figured her first reaction would be denial.

Reactions: Kurtz

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Surprised by how this episode played out. I knew the battle was likely not coming until E3, so I assumed this episode would all centre around how everyone viewed how Jaime should be dealt with, so I was thrown for a bit of a loop that it was all wrapped up early on. I thought the Brienne storyline was the highlight of the episode, and full credit to GC for her performance. Next week is going to be busy for the In Memorium reel at the Westeros Oscars, I'm thinking.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium