GDT: GDT: #51 Detroit Red Wings vs New York Islanders | John Tonelli Legends Night | January 27th | 7 PM | F/2-0 W

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Leah Hextall, and I sure hope not.
we're anonymous on here, permission to speak freely.....I'm totally in favor of diversity/inclusion/equality, all that. And maybe the first "pioneers" in breaking through (be it black coaches/managers in baseball/football/hockey, women in sports/media) ------- but if they can't find someone REMOTELY competent, to the point where it's INSULTING to the 99% of fans who care, maybe don't rush this?

I've read poor Leah Hextall gets some horrific DMs from not-so-nice humans, anonymous or not, which must be awful. BUT she's truly terrible at her job.

It's too bad it's unpopular to criticize anyone's WORK because you're labelled a misogynistic a-hole or worse, so we suffer in silence and she gets attacked. She's just awful. Like if redbull lined up with Bailey-Barzal tonight, I'm pretty sure some tweets may read "what's that sexy, lean, idiot who can't skate doing on the PP" (until one bounces off my ass into the net, suckers) - and it would be deserved.

All that aside, I saw Detroit live earlier this year, in that wicked new rink. They have some really nice young players, they are turning things around fast. Seider should be what Dobson becomes - incredible player. Lost on that team for now. That Raymond kid will be a player too - but let's see if Tonelli can get these guys fired UP!

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
we're anonymous on here, permission to speak freely.....I'm totally in favor of diversity/inclusion/equality, all that. And maybe the first "pioneers" in breaking through (be it black coaches/managers in baseball/football/hockey, women in sports/media) ------- but if they can't find someone REMOTELY competent, to the point where it's INSULTING to the 99% of fans who care, maybe don't rush this?

I've read poor Leah Hextall gets some horrific DMs from not-so-nice humans, anonymous or not, which must be awful. BUT she's truly terrible at her job.

It's too bad it's unpopular to criticize anyone's WORK because you're labelled a misogynistic a-hole or worse, so we suffer in silence and she gets attacked. She's just awful. Like if redbull lined up with Bailey-Barzal tonight, I'm pretty sure some tweets may read "what's that sexy, lean, idiot who can't skate doing on the PP" (until one bounces off my ass into the net, suckers) - and it would be deserved.

All that aside, I saw Detroit live earlier this year, in that wicked new rink. They have some really nice young players, they are turning things around fast. Seider should be what Dobson becomes - incredible player. Lost on that team for now. That Raymond kid will be a player too - but let's see if Tonelli can get these guys fired UP!
Good strategy to have #12 shoot one off your backside. Kinda like a globetrotter trick

One thing I'm confused on though--why did you refer to old bald headed Josh as sexy and lean??

Wow, talk about adding insult to injury. That would be awful.
What to do Big L?

Turn the sound down and listen to our wives?

Reactions: redbull

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

Unfortunately a Leah Hextall hire reeks of an inclusion hire, and not a hire of who’s the most competent for the job. i don’t care what color you are or if you have a penis or not, I just want the best people at the job they’re hired to do.

What to do Big L?

Turn the sound down and listen to our wives?
Leah Hextall might not be that bad.

Reactions: redbull and Bones45

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Wow David Reid on NHL network just said and I paraphrase Barzal can spin around all he wants but.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Unfortunately a Leah Hextall hire reeks of an inclusion hire, and not a hire of who’s the most competent for the job. i don’t care what color you are or if you have a penis or not, I just want the best people at the job they’re hired to do.

Leah Hextall might not be that bad.
At we can make fun of Leah with running the risk of getting stabbed in our sleep

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00