GDT: GDT #45 New York Islanders @ Chicago Blackhawks | January 19th | 8:30 PM | F/4-3 OTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Bruins fan here watching this game when you have a open net twice on the same play and you miss this is the result. It's called rope a dope hockey where a team has no business winning hangs around and stings. Isles had 2 nothing lead in the pocket and pissed this away. Hopefully you guys comeback because I have a few bucks on this game. Let's go islanders!
Yeah JGP missed a tap in.
They do play like a team that wants change themselves.

Reactions: The don godfather

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I’ll say this as a fan who was not all that optimistic about the Islanders chances at the beginning of the season. We’re just not this bad. The coach has to go.
To me the roster is this bad. At best I saw us as a wild card team, so yeah, being this bad is not a stretch.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
If you guys continue to dominate with possession and shots in the 3rd you guys got this. Dont jump off the bridge it's only 2 to 1 and 20 minutes is a lifetime in hockey especially against a horrendous hawks team. Relax guys.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Alan Hahn on the radio the other day said the Isles are a country club now compared to how they were under Trotz. Lambert is not the right coach. Who's the best coach available?
Was just checking in to see if Lambert had gotten fired between periods. This can't go on. As you said, he is just not the right coach(and you are putting it nicely). The players can take some blame too but the penalties and defensive lapses have to be put on the coaches.. as they say, you can't fire the players. If they lose tonight, you have to fire him (they won't because it's the Islanders, but he shouldn't survive this)

Saying this has been a painful stretch is a huge understatement..Let's just hope they pull this one out.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Need to move on from Aho? He does not bring enough offense to justify his defensive miscues. Can't wait for their young European D prospects to make this team. If they are not good enough either, then got find someone in college or trade for one.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Was just checking in to see if Lambert had gotten fired between periods. This can't go on. As you said, he is just not the right coach(and you are putting it nicely). The players can take some blame too but the penalties and defensive lapses have to be put on the coaches.. as they say, you can't fire the players. If they lose tonight, you have to fire him (they won't because it's the Islanders, but he shouldn't survive this)

Saying this has been a painful stretch is a huge understatement..Let's just hope they pull this one out.

I want a win, of course. HOWEVER, if a loss results in a coaching change, it'll be worth it. The problem is, there's no guarantee of that happening.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Alan Hahn on the radio the other day said the Isles are a country club now compared to how they were under Trotz. Lambert is not the right coach. Who's the best coach available?
That’s another issue.Who the hell is gonna whip them into shape but also good with Xs and Os.

BERUBE?

Reactions: PWJunior

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad