GDT: GDT#4| Penguins vs. Redwings | Wed, Oct. 18 2023 7:30 PM EST|LCA| Hey, it's My B-Day, all I want is a Karlsson good game...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Man I had him pegged as a breakout player and his start has been so disappointing.

It's very early yet, but if he doesn't get it going in a hurry Dubas is gonna (rightfully) look elsewhere.
It's because he just kinda sucks, and we're all so starved for a young guy to make his way onto the team and have an impact that even nobodies like DOC grab people's attention when he's probably just Chris Bourque.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
it all started with taht Geno's play on PP, he had a full control of the puck and just tossed it along the walls, I will never understand throwing the puck along the wall on the PP

Reactions: Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can't stand your gimmick. It's a GDT.. let the emotions flow the way they flow. That is the enjoyment of sports from an entertainment standpoint. It's fun to let your mind go blank and run the highs/lows of sports because it's utterly meaningless and entertaining.

I am so sick when people sit on their high horse online about how internet fans should act. We are f***ing fans. The modern use of the word is to be a fanatic for your sport/team. Let it be fun... stop sitting on your f***ing high horse.

In the moment aspects are completely justified.

Reactions: ColePens

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
DOC has been really bad. He had a fantastic pre-season. I thought he'd be a nice spark to that bottom 6. In theory.. I kinda like L3. They just don't do anything.
DOC plays scared during the regular season for whatever reason. Maybe it's Sully's fault, I don't know.

Dude was playing with balls in preseason and trying to push the play and score goals.

Then the regular season arrives and all he does is chip it in and change for the next line. He needs to be a difference maker, not play like a fourth liner.

It's because he just kinda sucks, and we're all so starved for a young guy to make his way onto the team and have an impact that even nobodies like DOC grab people's attention when he's probably just Chris Bourque.
I don't think he's amazing or anything but with his skill set he seems like a guy who could chip 10-15 goals and be a positive forechecking presence.

But not the way he's playing now...

Reactions: ColePens and Andy99

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
You think saying "the Penguins will never win a series with Tristan Jarry in net" as he has like a .940 save% on the year and the only goal against was because of bad defensive play is "completely justified"?

Well he never has soo…

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We’re really having trouble now getting thru the NZ against the faster Wings

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
With O'Connor, I think it's more likely that he just doesn't have the hockey IQ to consistently use his natural talents consistently and you'll only see those abilities in spurts. Same kind of situation as someone like Kapanen.

Harkins looks like he has the same issue as well. Just not smart enough to know how to use his abilities effectively.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Something has to change…make some adjustments Sullivan…too much time in our end

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
This team could lose on 5 own goals by Crosby and Malkin and they'd still bitch about Jarry, Ruhwedel and Carter. You could make an AI that just says "Jarry sucks", "Sullivan sucks", "Ruhwedel sucks" and "Carter sucks" and it would account for like 80% of GDT comments.
Title: Jarry, Coach Mike Sullivan, Ruhwedel, and Carter - A Deep Dive Discussion

User1: Hey everyone, I've been watching the Penguins closely this season, and I've got to say, I'm not too thrilled with some aspects of our team. Let's break it down: Jarry, Coach Mike Sullivan, Ruhwedel, and Carter. What's going on with them?

User2: Ugh, don't get me started on Jarry! He's been so inconsistent this season. We need a reliable goalie if we want to go far in the playoffs.

User3: I think we can't put all the blame on Jarry. The defense hasn't been great, and it's Coach Mike Sullivan's job to whip the team into shape. What's your take on Sullivan's coaching?

User4: Coach Sullivan seems to be sticking with the same strategies that worked in the past, but the league has evolved. Maybe it's time for some fresh ideas and adjustments?

User5: Speaking of defense, Ruhwedel is definitely not the answer. He's been a liability on the blue line, and we need someone more solid in his place.

User6: I'm not sure what Carter's supposed to bring to the team. He hasn't been living up to the expectations since he joined. Is he just not the right fit for the Penguins?

User7: Carter's been a disappointment for sure. We traded away some key pieces to get him, and he hasn't delivered. It's frustrating to see this underperformance.

User8: Honestly, it's a team effort, and we've got to remember that every player goes through slumps. But yeah, it's a tough season for these guys.

User9: In the end, let's hope the Penguins can turn it around. Maybe some changes are in order, but let's not forget the moments of greatness this team has shown in the past. Playoff time is when it really counts.

User10: Absolutely, we've got to support our team through thick and thin. Hopefully, they'll address these issues and come back stronger. Let's go Pens! 🐧🏒 #PenguinsNation

Remember, constructive criticism and discussions are always more productive than just bashing the team and players. Let's hope for a better future for the Pittsburgh Penguins!

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Title: Jarry, Coach Mike Sullivan, Ruhwedel, and Carter - A Deep Dive Discussion

User1: Hey everyone, I've been watching the Penguins closely this season, and I've got to say, I'm not too thrilled with some aspects of our team. Let's break it down: Jarry, Coach Mike Sullivan, Ruhwedel, and Carter. What's going on with them?

User2: Ugh, don't get me started on Jarry! He's been so inconsistent this season. We need a reliable goalie if we want to go far in the playoffs.

User3: I think we can't put all the blame on Jarry. The defense hasn't been great, and it's Coach Mike Sullivan's job to whip the team into shape. What's your take on Sullivan's coaching?

User4: Coach Sullivan seems to be sticking with the same strategies that worked in the past, but the league has evolved. Maybe it's time for some fresh ideas and adjustments?

User5: Speaking of defense, Ruhwedel is definitely not the answer. He's been a liability on the blue line, and we need someone more solid in his place.

User6: I'm not sure what Carter's supposed to bring to the team. He hasn't been living up to the expectations since he joined. Is he just not the right fit for the Penguins?

User7: Carter's been a disappointment for sure. We traded away some key pieces to get him, and he hasn't delivered. It's frustrating to see this underperformance.

User8: Honestly, it's a team effort, and we've got to remember that every player goes through slumps. But yeah, it's a tough season for these guys.

User9: In the end, let's hope the Penguins can turn it around. Maybe some changes are in order, but let's not forget the moments of greatness this team has shown in the past. Playoff time is when it really counts.

User10: Absolutely, we've got to support our team through thick and thin. Hopefully, they'll address these issues and come back stronger. Let's go Pens! 🐧🏒 #PenguinsNation

Remember, constructive criticism and discussions are always more productive than just bashing the team and players. Let's hope for a better future for the Pittsburgh Penguins!

I really hope this is AI generated :laugh:

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ummm WOW. If you missed what EK just did on that d to d pass behind the net... that was f***ing stupid good talent

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC

1697675780853.jpeg

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
With O'Connor, I think it's more likely that he just doesn't have the hockey IQ to consistently use his natural talents consistently and you'll only see those abilities in spurts. Same kind of situation as someone like Kapanen.

Harkins looks like he has the same issue as well. Just not smart enough to know how to use his abilities effectively.

He was awesome playing with Sid in the preseason (it's tempting to say "who wouldn't?") but although DOC has the ability to be a physical 3rd-line type player if he were on a different team, maybe it's simply the case that he would only thrive here in a top 6 role. But in the regular season, barring numerous injuries, we'll never find out.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Waive Ruhwedel. Use Shea.
If Joseph doesn't improve in the next 5 games, scratch him for Ludvig.

Scratch Carter. Call up Z and use him.
If DOC doesn't improve in the next 10 games or so, waive him and call-up the next best man from Wilkes.

Reactions: akapidots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad