GDT: GDT#4| Penguins vs. Redwings | Wed, Oct. 18 2023 7:30 PM EST|LCA| Hey, it's My B-Day, all I want is a Karlsson good game...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Give me some credit Emp my first period observation was that Sid has kinda sucked so far, stats not withstanding.

Honestly don't like his game at all outside of the Caps game. Hasn't been good yet.

Right now we're a one line team and that needs to change in a hurry or our record is gonna go south

That's fair, I'm just completely confused for why people are bitching about Jarry of all people here.

His only goal against was a backdoor feed off of a bad hit attempt by Ruhwedel and POJ letting a pass through that he should have gotten. He has a .944 save% on the year before today. Why are you bitching about him of all people?

It's the same thing with Carter, he's actually generating chances and playing halfway decently but people are still bitching about him.

Reactions: Pancakes

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Watching on TNT but apparently Dubas thanked ESPN for poking the bear lol.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Give me some credit Emp my first period observation was that Sid has kinda sucked so far, stats not withstanding.

Honestly don't like his game at all outside of the Caps game. Hasn't been good yet.

Right now we're a one line team and that needs to change in a hurry or our record is gonna go south
Not sure, i thought he came out flying tonight, he will still hit his 90 points, with Rust playing like this and jake get back, the last of my worries..

Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
That's fair, I'm just completely confused for why people are bitching about Jarry of all people here.

His only goal against was a backdoor feed off of a bad hit attempt by Ruhwedel and POJ letting a pass through that he should have gotten. He has a .944 save% on the year before today. Why are you bitching about him of all people?
He's been pretty good, yeah. The Chicago loss was unfortunate but that third goal was a terrible bounce and the Pens should have won that game. Oh well

Not sure, i thought he came out flying tonight, he will still hit his 90 points, with Rust playing like this and jake get back, the last of my worries..
Wouldn't say I'm worried, I just want more out of him. Especially with our bottom six being a black hole offensively

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
Yeah, I like bitching about the bottom six (likely PTSD from last year), but I think it's important to remember that chemistry takes time, and it was basically a complete overhaul. I'll give it 20 games before really complaining.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Man I had him pegged as a breakout player and his start has been so disappointing.

It's very early yet, but if he doesn't get it going in a hurry Dubas is gonna (rightfully) look elsewhere.

We’re not rolling in valuable assets so I’m game for giving Doc an extended look.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This team could lose on 5 own goals by Crosby and Malkin and they'd still bitch about Jarry, Ruhwedel and Carter. You could make an AI that just says "Jarry sucks", "Sullivan sucks", "Ruhwedel sucks" and "Carter sucks" and it would account for like 80% of GDT comments.

I can't stand your gimmick. It's a GDT.. let the emotions flow the way they flow. That is the enjoyment of sports from an entertainment standpoint. It's fun to let your mind go blank and run the highs/lows of sports because it's utterly meaningless and entertaining.

I am so sick when people sit on their high horse online about how internet fans should act. We are f***ing fans. The modern use of the word is to be a fanatic for your sport/team. Let it be fun... stop sitting on your f***ing high horse.

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
Did Geno lose weight or something this off-season? His skating looks noticeably better than last year. It's not just Smith, who has been amazing...I haven't seen this galloping version of Geno probably since pre COVID

Reactions: The Grim Reaper

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
In one single game... i know i had fun if i said I hate this team and love this team in the same 60 minutes of hockey. Now that is f***ing fun.

Reactions: BillyOcean

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I can't stand your gimmick. It's a GDT.. let the emotions flow the way they flow. That is the enjoyment of sports from an entertainment standpoint. It's fun to let your mind go blank and run the highs/lows of sports because it's utterly meaningless and entertaining.

I am so sick when people sit on their high horse online about how internet fans should act. We are f***ing fans. The modern use of the word is to be a fanatic for your sport/team. Let it be fun... stop sitting on your f***ing high horse.

The gimmick of...wanting actual discussions on games instead of just grinding axes?

I mean, if you want this place to just be a cesspool of nonsensical complaining, you can go ahead. But you'll lose any sort of posters who actually want real discussions here if you do that.

Reactions: JTG

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The gimmick of...wanting actual discussions on games instead of just grinding axes?

I mean, if you want this place to just be a cesspool of nonsensical complaining, you can go ahead. But you'll lose any sort of posters who actually want real discussions here if you do that.

Start a thread to discuss x's and o's. A game day thread is to ride the emotions of a game.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
DOC and Harkins are obviously fast skaters, not sure how they can't forecheck, they had that one good shift against Caps that I can think of in these 4 games...They should be able to get to those dman faster and keep the possession or slow their breakout

Reactions: ColePens and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, I like bitching about the bottom six (likely PTSD from last year), but I think it's important to remember that chemistry takes time, and it was basically a complete overhaul. I'll give it 20 games before really complaining.
Ask Smith and Malkin about that…these are all vet players

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Did Geno lose weight or something this off-season? His skating looks noticeably better than last year. It's not just Smith, who has been amazing...I haven't seen this galloping version of Geno probably since pre COVID

He's a generational talent. Was slowed by injuries and has had full off-seasons of recovery and training.

Geno has always been this good.

Reactions: Fiji Water

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Start a thread to discuss x's and o's. A game day thread is to ride the emotions of a game.

"Ride the emotions of a game", as in bitch non-stop nonsensically about players you want to complain about.

Fans can say whatever nonsense they want, but other fans are absolutely within their right to call out that nonsense for being nonsense. You can say whatever you want here, just like I can say you're a troll who is just complaining to complain here.

Not saying you specifically are a troll here but the thought goes both ways. If you think posters have the right to say whatever nonsense they have, other posters have the right to say that the others are posting nonsense.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
DOC has been really bad. He had a fantastic pre-season. I thought he'd be a nice spark to that bottom 6. In theory.. I kinda like L3. They just don't do anything.

Reactions: JTG and Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad