Speculation: Garrioch: Pinto's camp is looking to sign an offer sheet tomorrow

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Absolute no brainer for the Sens to match an offer like that. May even send the other team a thank you card if it’s on the lower end of that range.

Frankly Pinto deserves the contract that Norris actually got. Kid is a stud.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Big Right handed center? I'd take that action!

82 games
20 goals
15 assists
35 points
The year before getting suspended.

The team is betting that Ottawa won't pay 6.7M on a player that's only had a max of 35 points.

Downside is it ties up free agent money for up to a week while Ottawa decides if they want to match.

Playoff team more than likely.

Be waiting to see if it's Blake, Bergevin.

One year deal like KK. Then qualifying next year is high as well.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I would only consider it if the offersheeting team is projected to be a bottom 10 team next season.
Things change so rapidly, a shit team could go on a tear and finish anywhere. If we had the choice of keeping our 7th pick this year or keeping Pinto, I'd think Pinto is more valuable because his development has been amazing. Can't blindly trust that the development of anyone next year will be the same.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Knowing there's a 99% chance of the Sens matching, I'm not totally sure why any team would do this, especially one of the bottom feeders. It might make sense for a contending team with space to go for it, but they're probably just going to do the Sens work for them anyway.

Pinto seems all-in on the Sens so not sure I love the agent's approach...

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Big Right handed center? I'd take that action!

82 games
20 goals
15 assists
35 points
The year before getting suspended.

The team is betting that Ottawa won't pay 6.7M on a player that's only had a max of 35 points.

Downside is it ties up free agent money for up to a week while Ottawa decides if they want to match.

Playoff team more than likely.

Be waiting to see if it's Blake, Bergevin.

One year deal like KK. Then qualifying next year is high as well.
Was even better when he got back. His 41 games paced for 54 points and a +18 and that’s on unsustainably bad 8% shooting. His role got much bigger as well. This after not seeing NHL action for half a year.

He’s got the potential to be the kind of big, all-weather #2 pivot every contending teams dreams of behind their star center. He’s kind of perfect behind..that Stutzle guy.

The contract offer would have to be much higher with steeper compensation for the Sens not to immediately just not match.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I can see a lot of teams being interested but at the same time I can't see a realistic situation where we don't match. He's too important to our org with Norris being oft injured and a bare system behind our top three centers.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Yes? Unless you tank horribly he’s better than what you’ll get for a mid 1st rounder and he’s ready now

It's not just the draft picks, there's also the price tag of 4-6 mill a year it would take for it to be too rich for the Senators to match. Good young player but he hasn't earned a big payday just yet.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I don't think this is certain.

They only have 11M in cap space with 15 roster spots filled. 6.8M would handcuff them. It would also put them in a major position of weakness if they are negotiating any deal to move Chychrun. They are trying to add a top 4 RHD, which should cost them 5M+ in cap.

It is worth keeping Pinto and running it back on defense with a new system.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Sign E. Lindholm, experienced center
Get picks for Pinto
Don't bother with the headache of another contentious contact negotiation.
Win!

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It's hard to imagine the Sens wouldn't just match. Especially with Norris health being a major questionmark. Offer sheets are mostly a waste of time. But $6.7M is nuts for a sort of 2/3 tweener Center coming off a serious gambling suspension.

Reactions: Souker

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2