Proposal: Gardiner/JVR+2017 unprotected 1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarryMarner

Mar 31, 2008
IMO, if he gets moved, it's only during next summer, if they can't get him to sign long term to a similar deal as Killorn did. Then you get something for him.

Hey.. Mad Brills!
Please stop posting. You're like Sarah Palin. It just gets worse and worse.
JVR will be signing for more than Killorn I can guarantee you that. He's UFA and has much better numbers.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
uhh, what now? In what fantasy world is Lindholm better than Doughty, Keith, Karlsson, Subban, and Hedman?

You forgot much more proven and impactful dmen like Suter and Weber, along with a whole list of others who are at least on Lindholm's level if not above (like McD just to be one). Lindholm is probably right around the #10-15 mark, certainly not top 5

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Uhhh, that's only really ridiculous in the "I don't want to judge a young D that quickly" way. Who was better than him last year? Karlsson, and uhh... Maybe Burns? Mayyyybe Doughty/Subbam? He was REALLY good.

Wow, so very young dmen who had one good year last year don't have to prove it over a few seasons to be judged better than PROVEN studs??? Then I guess the Flyers have a top 5 dman in Ghost. I mean he finished 2nd for the Calder and if he hadn't started the season in the AHL, pro rating his points over an 82 game season he's a 55 point dman who LEAD a team that was supposed to be a lottery team to the playoffs. He must be a real super star.

There you go boys. Ghost is by far the best dman in the league. Well, MAYBE Karlsson is better but obviously nobody else, just ask this guy and go by his criteria. I means he's a boy genius, just look at his posts

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
We just finished dead last and we're gonna trade our 1st (unprotected)? That's insane. Brian Burke doesn't run this team anymore.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
No rush for the Leafs to move these assets ... They're better off hoping that one of the current d prospects take some leaps in development, or the 2017 1st can land a good one. Market isn't good right now for this type of trade.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
You'd think a team like the Leafs would have Lear Ed their lesson about trading away unprotected 1sts.

you realize they didnt actually trade another first right?
this is just a thread on value.

beer123

Nov 15, 2009
Leafs should trade for a guy like seabrook. He would cost way less to acquire and can mentor the kids. Then use that high 1st rounder to draft your own RHD to fill his shoes

Seabrook is available? Any links?

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
You need to find a team that has 3 really strong RH Dman where their 2nd would be #1 RHD on half the teams and their 3rd RHD is good enough to be a 2nd pair Dmen.

Given Toronto will likely draft top 5 next year you could fill that void then.

Why would we trade a #2 LHD + 1# LW + top 5-10 pick for a #2 RHD?

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
No reason to do this yet. Just wait. If you end up being terrible, that pick will be worth a lot more when it's guaranteed to be top 5. As bad as the Leafs are, that's not a guarantee, and it hurts the value.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Sorry but that's most likely what it's going to take to get Lindholm out of Anaheim is Matthews. If this guy thinks that a deal based around JVR/Gardiner+2017 1st round pick possibly top 5 is going to get you Lindholm then he's sorely mistaken. No way does Ducks GM Bob Murray move Lindholm to Toronto without Matthews coming back.

Would you trade McDavid for Lindholm?

I didn't think so. Calm down and stop acting like Lindholm is Lidstrom.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
He was pretty bad from the viewings I had of him.

Go back and watch the game the Ducks played here in Toronto last year. Lindholm was a train wreck in his own end that game. I don't buy him being anywhere close to a top 5 defender anytime soon.

So one game, really? One game has helped you determine this, no no no, discount all 81 other games, ONE gives you enough to make your "expert" determination....

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Would you trade McDavid for Lindholm?

I didn't think so. Calm down and stop acting like Lindholm is Lidstrom.

Yah proven players are sooo overrated on here, potential far exceeds proven ability right?

His point which was valid, is that it would take a top prospect to pry Lindholm away. Why would they take anything else for a player they drafted high and developed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad