Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol, all time tweet. Atta boy Domi!

Re: Pinto - he's the type of youth you get to help now. An offer sheet for a 1st and 3rd is a bit but if Ottawa would take that in a trade, I think I would do it.

We should be all over Pinto if they want to contend (which they don’t) but I would offer only top max for 2nd round pick

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
You could see the offensive potential at times but ultimately he was never going to score enough to outweigh his play in his own end.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I for one am glad they got rid of POJ. Way too young.

But in all seriousness, this board shat all over Pettersson when he was 24, so good to see that nobody learned anything. Can't wait to see what 32 year old we sign to replace him!!

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Brannstrom or Lunqvist or even Boqvist would be acceptable. I get not giving POJ the qual offer if he's arb eligible. He can merely point to Liljegren and demand $3.5-4mil and have a strong case for it. That said, he's a $1.5-2mil dman so he if can sign someone like that who fits better with Letang, I'm okay with it. As mentioned, I just wish they would have traded him for a similar forward - Yamamoto, Lizotte, Zadina...even those guys all equally suck.

Remember when everyone here lost their minds because JR gave up Addison for Zucker? Lol, good times. They look Lambos with the 1st and got Addison...and both are trash. Lambos still has potential. Add those to the long list of "nothingburgers" that this team has traded out.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Brannstrom or Lunqvist or even Boqvist would be acceptable. I get not giving POJ the qual offer if he's arb eligible. He can merely point to Liljegren and demand $3.5-4mil and have a strong case for it. That said, he's a $1.5-2mil dman so he if can sign someone like that who fits better with Letang, I'm okay with it. As mentioned, I just wish they would have traded him for a similar forward - Yamamoto, Lizotte, Zadina...even those guys all equally suck.

Remember when everyone here lost their minds because JR gave up Addison for Zucker? Lol, good times. They look Lambos with the 1st and got Addison...and both are trash. Lambos still has potential. Add those to the long list of "nothingburgers" that this team has traded out.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I for one am glad they got rid of POJ. Way too young.

But in all seriousness, this board shat all over Pettersson when he was 24, so good to see that nobody learned anything. Can't wait to see what 32 year old we sign to replace him!!

This is what I am concerned about. We already blocked the young centers yesterday. Now, let's see what we do for a new LD to play with Letang. If it is a puck mover, then Ryan Graves is back in the top 4. If it is a defensive defender, how much are we going to pay out for this player? There is very little out there in terms of LDs to play with Letang.

I hope we make a trade for someone. We have Pickering coming, but nobody else really for LD. Trade for a long-term guy. No idea who because this type of player is not easy to identify. We basically need stability. Elias Pettersson in Vancouver is this type of defenseman. Albert Johansson in Detroit is another. Jayden Struble in Montreal, but what can we offer them? Ditto Jordan Harris.

I would have just kept Joseph, but whatever.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Really excited to see what PITTSBURGH pulls off tomorrow or tuesday!

Probably more so later in the week when players can’t get their asking price and teams to go to are thinning out.

1719789184415.gif

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
No, of course it's not the same.
Boston didn't miss in 2015 and 2016 because their stars aged out.

Firing Sullivan fixes so much of this teams f***ing problems, it's beyond frustrating to know that and see the team not give a shit because they like him over the results he's produced for almost a decade after the 2 cups.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Hey, Jesse is a sharp guy. We've been aligning on a lot lately. I think plenty of teams will give Brannstrom the chance. When you are mediocre on a bad team for so long, like Ottawa, it's hard to know exactly how much of it is team/system/player. If you bring him to a quality defensive-minded team and he sucks...well then it is what it is. Or he could easily revive his game and reach his potential. I'd roll the dice. I'm more iffy on Lundqvist and Boqvist. But like anything, it's price tags. Those are still young players. If you can get them here for $1-2mil, it's worth a shot.
Not the worst news. Makes sense. If not us, wonder if Ottawa make sense? Go play with your brother and they just non-q'd Brannstrom obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay