Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Jansen Harkins (2 years, $787.5k AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
So pencil him on the 4rth line… with Lundy and Leason? Rotating with Ross, Regenda, maybe Colangelo.

Harkins and Dumoulin wasn’t what I expected this off-season as key pieces. At least we will have much lower expectations which gives a chance for over performing. If we get out of the bottom 5 it would be quite an accomplishment. Looking forward to next years upbeat, over enthusiastic Flock Party.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
So pencil him on the 4rth line… with Lundy and Leason? Rotating with Ross, Regenda, maybe Colangelo.

Harkins and Dumoulin wasn’t what I expected this off-season as key pieces. At least we will have much lower expectations which gives a chance for over performing. If we get out of the bottom 5 it would be quite an accomplishment. Looking forward to next years upbeat, over enthusiastic Flock Party.

Harkins is not a "key piece". Mcginn is a better player. I'd be shocked if Harkins plays 40 games in Anaheim this year. He'll spend most of the year in the press box or SD. One/two way only matters to the Samueli's checkbook.

Reactions: Daz28
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Harkins is not a "key piece". Mcginn is a better player. I'd be shocked if Harkins plays 40 games in Anaheim this year. He'll spend most of the year in the press box or SD. One/two way only matters to the Samueli's checkbook.
He’s fairly young, has played more games in the NHL than the AHL the last two years and has been over a PPG in the AHL to boot, you would probably have to give him a one way to land him regardless of intention. We’ll have to see where he lands but I think he’s likely to be low on the 4th line rotation if he sticks.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Feels like Bargain Bob type of signing.

The funny thing is this is a signing Murray would do a lot. I remember him saying he signed 2 year deals like this because it was more likely to prevent guys from being claimed.

No issue with this signing. We need more guys like this honestly. You’re not going to ice a competitive ahl team if your highest paid contracts are from the Gulls.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Giving one way contracts out to NHL/AHL tweeners really isn't a big deal, especially when you have as much cap space as we have. Paying a little overs to have some competitive players in San Diego is not a bad thing, it will help the development of our young players down there.

Given we still have 9 roster spots open, I suspect we'll see at least a couple more of these contracts, especially on the backend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad