Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sam Steel and Nils Lundkvist not qualified by Dallas… anything there?
You can get Steels in FA for cheap so no. Lundqvist, potentially. That would be a name I would sign for the bottom pairing.
And TIOPS weighs in…he makes Dubas sound even worse than he really is lol…are we ever going to start developing young players on this club?

Who knows if these TIOPS rumors have any weight, but here they are:
Penguins, Isles in mix for Arvidsson?: Another 30 year old+ addition? Would be on a short-term deal, but rumblings had the Penguins, Islanders among four teams in the mix to sign winger Viktor Arvidsson Monday. Penguins are said to be very high on Arvidsson as a short term option.

PO Latest: Buzz among agents is the Penguins have something lined up for a left handed defenseman via trade or free agency that has led to some questions surrounding P.O. Joseph’s future in Pittsburgh.
A 2yr deal with Arvidsson would be in line with what Dubas talked about. He would slot nicely in the top 6 and in 2 years, not be blocking any young guys (at this time). So I would be 100% on board with him.

POJ scares me a bit if Lilegren got $3mil x 2yrs and Durzi got $6mil for 4 years. That would but POJ in the $3-4mil for 3 years range with a lot for a long time. I might rather no QO him or trade him and then sign Lundqvist and or Boqvist to anchor the 5/6/7 slot along side JSI and another guy like Ryan Shea.

I think POJ would have decent trade value - a 3rd or 4th I would imagine. Or like we've long said, a swap for a similar forward.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You can get Steels in FA for cheap so no. Lundqvist, potentially. That would be a name I would sign for the bottom pairing.

A 2yr deal with Arvidsson would be in line with what Dubas talked about. He would slot nicely in the top 6 and in 2 years, not be blocking any young guys (at this time). So I would be 100% on board with him.

POJ scares me a bit if Lilegren got $3mil x 2yrs and Durzi got $6mil for 4 years. That would but POJ in the $3-4mil for 3 years range with a lot for a long time. I might rather no QO him or trade him and then sign Lundqvist and or Boqvist to anchor the 5/6/7 slot along side JSI and another guy like Ryan Shea.

I think POJ would have decent trade value - a 3rd or 4th I would imagine. Or like we've long said, a swap for a similar forward.
I like Arvidsson a lot, but he's injury prone.

I actually helped Max come up with that.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Lol, all time tweet. Atta boy Domi!

Re: Pinto - he's the type of youth you get to help now. An offer sheet for a 1st and 3rd is a bit but if Ottawa would take that in a trade, I think I would do it.
We could be a lottery team, so no way!

Reactions: Sideline

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
No offer for POJ
Doesn’t surprise me. He’s a NHL level player at this point but very replaceable. The odds of him becoming anything more seem slight.

Though maybe getting away from this awful coaching staff will help him.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Shame they couldn't trade POJ for a similarly stagnated forward of around the same age.

Ah well. Dude kinda sucked shit outside of like 10 games as a Penguin.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think POJ not getting a QO is all that surprising. He's arb eligible, doesn't particularly fit what the team is looking for on LD and wasn't particularly good last year either.

He's just too lanky for me to think he'll be anything more than a #5/6 to a physical RHD. I don't mind them moving on because I wasn't all that crazy about POJ-Letang as a pair for next year.

Also this is another lol on Yohe, because Yohe said the Penguins weren't going to do anything with the defense this year and POJ would be back with Letang. So much for that.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't think POJ not getting a QO is all that surprising. He's arb eligible, doesn't particularly fit what the team is looking for on LD and wasn't particularly good last year either.

He's just too lanky for me to think he'll be anything more than a #5/6 to a physical RHD. I don't mind them moving on because I wasn't all that crazy about POJ-Letang as a pair for next year.

Also this is another lol on Yohe, because Yohe said the Penguins weren't going to do anything with the defense this year and POJ would be back with Letang. So much for that.

But this chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad