Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Yohe saying that Dubas was willing to trade Jarry and Smith but there havent been any takers. Nothing new really. Lets see if anything changes in a week once the free agents are gone.

Reactions: Shady Machine

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Jake is chasing the bag but signs for 7.5 in Tampa (yes yes yes I know... MUH TAXES... it's not THAT huge a difference). Wonder what Carolina was lowballing him with? Would figure 8M would be close enough to bridge the tax gap and that was the rumored number yesterday.

Maybe he thought Rod was overrated, too.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Jake is chasing the bag but signs for 7.5 in Tampa (yes yes yes I know... MUH TAXES... it's not THAT huge a difference). Wonder what Carolina was lowballing him with? Would figure 8M would be close enough to bridge the tax gap and that was the rumored number yesterday.

At least we win the trade again now.

Although, Jake getting a 3rd for his rights and us getting a 2nd for him to actually play… hmmmm

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019

People keep saying it’s 7.5; has that been reported anywhere legitimately?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
At least we win the trade again now.

Although, Jake getting a 3rd for his rights and us getting a 2nd for him to actually play… hmmmm

Second round picks are absolutely gold, though. Today.

People keep saying it’s 7.5; has that been reported anywhere legitimately?

I thought there was a Tweet or um... an X... whatever... further up. But I see now it's just the rumored number. Kypreos seems to think the deal is still a bit away from being done FWIW. But I seriously doubt Tampa pulls the trigger on a staggeringly valuable 3rd round pick without at least a large degree of confidence. I mean it's a third round pick, people. That's big.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Probably just cope from me but I dont see how Jarry to Detroit doesnt happen eventually. Yzerman cant go into another season with just Husso and there must be pressure on him to make the playoffs soon. Free agency only has at best 1B types in Brossoit/Stolarz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad