Salary Cap: Garbage Day collection comes early!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Who is his agent? I thought he had a good rep. He's getting screwed lol

Holy shit. Dubas REALLY is Hammond
giphy.gif

me thinking about kyle dubas.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
A few thoughts after catching up (more or less) with the last several pages:
- Even if the Pens are rebuilding/tanking/whatever you want to call it, now is not the time to trade Rust. He still has a full NMC for this season. The return would be terrible. Next year, however, the NMC goes away. That is when you trade Rust, since you can get offers from multiple teams without having to worry about whether Rust will waive.
- Florida's roster may have only had a couple of their own drafted players, but the draft certainly was a key role in building the team. Start with the obvious fact that Barkov and Ekblad were both high draft picks, then add the fact that Tkachuk could be acquired because they could offer Huberdeau and Weegar in return. Another player was acquired as part of the Trocheck trade. In order to trade for good players, you need something to offer in return.
- I wouldn't use the Walman trade as any sort of comparable for anything. Word is, Detroit never offered him to anyone else. For that matter, word is San Jose would have been willing to just claim him on waivers, but Grier was stunned when Yzerman offered a 2nd to go with him. It basically points to the Sharks being the first team called, and they accepted the offer before Yzerman could change his mind. Guess the Red Wings were desperate to clear some cap space quickly.
- One big problem with wanting to make trades is that the other team has to be willing to make the trade as well. I admit to being surprised the Pens haven't been able to move Smith yet. I'm not so surprised they haven't been able to move out any of the older players on multi-year deals.

Edit: I should note that I don't say any of this to excuse Dubas. Just gathering various thoughts I had.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
- One big problem with wanting to make trades is that the other team has to be willing to make the trade as well. I admit to being surprised the Pens haven't been able to move Smith yet. I'm not so surprised they haven't been able to move out any of the older players on multi-year deals.

The good GMs make the trades.

Kindergarten Kyle is more concerned about how the trades look on paper than actually creating a team that has a chance.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
I'm not saying Reilly Smith doesn't have value but I don't think teams are like holy **** I need to secure Reilly Smith's services before free agency starts. He's the key to my offseason:scared:.

We should start both bitching if he isn't gone by week to week and half after free agency starts and the market starts to die down.
He’s the type of guy a team picks up at the deadline to shore up a middle six hole, no one needs his services for a whole year.

Reactions: Shady Machine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad