GDT: Game XX • RUSSELLMANIA • Hawks @ Oilers • 7:00PM • SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Stop listening to Flames fans.

I honestly think we have way better D. Larrson, Nurse, Russell and Benning call all lower the boom and Klef is just wicked!

Aside from the physicality, we have in our group 3 young defensemen that have so much room to grow, while currently being awesome.:yo:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Someone needs to dig up my post in last game's GDT where I predicted that game to be the start of another winning streak.

/ Nostradamus

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Hendricks would benefit from alternating games I think.

Keeps him fresh enough to play the type of game he needs to.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Caggiula is gonna move up the lineup in no time. Hendricks is killing that line right now, but Drake has all the talent to be a great player.

He is great at making that stretch-cross ice pass from his blue line to hit a winger in stride at the opposing blue line. He's done it 3 or 4 times tonight with perfect accuracy. Kids got a good shot too and he can one-time it in ways that Eberle can only dream of.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I love Puljujarvi's game, he's such a buzz-saw out there, creating constant offensive zone turnovers.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
QD5fN5v.gif

hahahahaha :laugh:

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Yep because the Oilers have had so much secondary scoring over the last ten games. Everyone is going to be singing a different tune when Eberle ends up finishing the season with 25 goals and Nuge is back up around 50 points. It's hard to score in today's NHL, they're not gonna be able to just snap their fingers and find guys who can provide offence like Eberle is capable of.

Honestly, they aren't producing enough chances to take any pressure off of the McDavid coverage. That's my biggest thing. My second biggest gripe is neither of them are shooting like they are capable of. Nuge has an absolutely incredible wrist shot. I wonder if injuries have really dampered it.

I know they are capable of scoring. I know Eberle is good for 25. But I also know that a team wins when players can step up when needed. Eberle doesn't have that oomph and urgency. I know his game style is different and I know he is looking pretty good (except his shot) tonight, but they need to do more when McDavid is suffocating.

TL;DR
If they can start supporting the offence when McDavid can't, I'm thrilled. I really miss Nuge's wrister.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
if you haven't heard.....

once again...

this is the circus trip for Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad