GDT: Game XX • RUSSELLMANIA • Hawks @ Oilers • 7:00PM • SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Our PP has been good tonight. Everyone seems to be figuring it out except Eberle.

Get the puck to McDavid. If he gives it to you, shoot it on net. If he shoots it, drive the net. Very simple and effective.

We got dusted that period overall from probably the best team in the league right now. Talbot playing huge in goal.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
QD5fN5v.gif

this. is . gold

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012

Hahaha that's gold Del, awesome. A little bend in that period, but didn't break.

I guess Woodcroft gets to keep his job for 5 more years. PP looking awesome! Caggs actually has a really nice one timer from the slot there I think Nuge set him up perfectly.

Talbot being Talbot.

20 more miles boy's let's get it!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Nice to see jumping into Mcdavid's legs is still legal. Wouldn't have taken much change of contact for that play to be the end of McDavid's left knee for a while.

Love that shot by Pulju. Soooo close to going in.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Caggiula is gonna move up the lineup in no time. Hendricks is killing that line right now, but Drake has all the talent to be a great player.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I like how the Oilers took all the opportunities from the other PPs they should have had, and squeezed them into the one they finally got to ensure a goal.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Btw ever since Eberle got put back with Nuge, his hands have been silky smooth. Still struggling to bury his chances, but I think he plays better at Nuge's speed than he does at McDavid's.

Yeah but he's snakebitten something fierce right now. Missing point blank opportunity after point blank opportunity, it's kind of hard to watch.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Btw ever since Eberle got put back with Nuge, his hands have been silky smooth. Still struggling to bury his chances, but I think he plays better at Nuge's speed than he does at McDavid's.

He definitely does. Those two as a second line is a good option. On another team. Unless they want to step up their scoring in a big way.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Liking this game a lot. Oilers are trying to play with the Hawks, and not looking awful doing it. And lets not forget this is one of the hottest teams in the league right now.
I'm sure everyone saw the stat, but how sick is it that Kane is 1.76 PPG against the Oilers. What a player.

Love Patrick Maroon. Never hesitated for a second. Beeline for Kruger.
Glad somebody finally passed to Sekera.
He was banging his stick like crazy there. Must have had a premonition or something.

Good work by Eberle to knock down a pass, nullify Hawks breakout, create an odd man chance for the Oilers, battle for the puck along the boards, draw the penalty. Crickets from the usuals.

But I was told we should move him at TDL for picks because Davidson is so much better with eye test and advanced stats
Yeah that convo was, uh .... :huh:
I like Davidson and all, but I never saw him move the puck like Russel does. Or like he did for The Flames. Don't kid yourself, the Flames miss him a lot.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Hawks feed pointing out a subtle little pick Caggiula had up high to open the shooting lane for Shinkera. He seems to be a very smart player.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Hahaha that's gold Del, awesome. A little bend in that period, but didn't break.

I guess Woodcroft gets to keep his job for 5 more years. PP looking awesome! Caggs actually has a really nice one timer from the slot there I think Nuge set him up perfectly.

Talbot being Talbot.

20 more miles boy's let's get it!

I was very impressed with The Drake's one timer and he missed the net. What does that say about what we have been seeing?
If only we had a Souray bomb to combine with Klefbom.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
He definitely does. Those two as a second line is a good option. On another team. Unless they want to step up their scoring in a big way.

Yep because the Oilers have had so much secondary scoring over the last ten games. Everyone is going to be singing a different tune when Eberle ends up finishing the season with 25 goals and Nuge is back up around 50 points. It's hard to score in today's NHL, they're not gonna be able to just snap their fingers and find guys who can provide offence like Eberle is capable of.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Our PP has been good tonight. Everyone seems to be figuring it out except Eberle.

Get the puck to McDavid. If he gives it to you, shoot it on net. If he shoots it, drive the net. Very simple and effective.

We got dusted that period overall from probably the best team in the league right now. Talbot playing huge in goal.

Klefbom looks good on the point, too. He doesn't seem to get much credit here, except when he scores. But he's distributing the puck really well from the point, and making good decisions with the puck. The only thing I might ask is for him to shoot it more when he has an open lane to the net (but only if there's at least a partial screen, or if someone looks to be about to screen the goalie at the time of the shot).

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Caggiula is gonna move up the lineup in no time. Hendricks is killing that line right now, but Drake has all the talent to be a great player.
I watched him single handedly cause the Oilers to be hemmed in their zone for an entire shift in the first.
Twice he had the puck on his stick and just gave it right back. Never even came close to clearing the zone.
Hendricks is probably tired out trying to cover for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad