Post-Game Talk: Game VII: Shot down by the jets

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
You zeroed in on a player that hasn't played at all this season until now and right into the usage that doesn't fit his game and made it painfully obvious how petty you truly are.

Of the many issues in this game with this team, this is what you chose to say after this game. Sullivan would be proud. There's a lot to be mad about with this team but a player that is misused and dressed for the first time this season, that ain't it you f***ing moron.
He's just not good. Mike Sullivan sucks but the few bottom sixers we have that are of any quality still manage to produce despite his poor usage of the entire lineup.

People are so desperate for younger players to get into the lineup that any younger player that gets into the lineup will do whether said young player is bad or not. Like people stanning for Hallander when dude f***ed off to Sweden instead of trying to crack another NHL lineup.

Our system is largely bereft of talent. Puustinen wouldn't even get a sniff on most competent NHL rosters.

I thought they played them pretty evenly in the final 45 minutes of the game. To be clear, I'm not saying that's "good," just better than they've been in other losses this season.

I still think major changes are warranted. I'm just saying that that game in isolation wasn't a tire fire like some of their other losses thus far.
I guess. I appreciate your level headed optimistic takes as we all try to navigate the burning tire that are 2024 Pens PGTs lol.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
They played with energy in offensive zone, so the game was pretty entertaining and some pluses are there. They easily could´ve and probably should´ve scored 5 goals too.

With that said, THERE IS NO OTHER TEAM IN THIS LEAGUE THAT HAS A 2-GOAL LEAD ON THE ROAD AND IS PLAYING SUPER-AGRESSIVE POND HOCKEY OUT THERE trying to outscore a good opponent instead of calming things down and frustrate the opponent.

Sullivan has absolutely no clue about defensive system and structure, there is no such thing as protecting leads in Penguinsland. Ned was actually OK, with Jarry in net, we are talking about double digits this game. Defense was atrocious. They only have one supposed to be defensive dman in Pettersson and he is having a brutal start to the season for some reason. There is no one who can defend for this team, starting with dmen, following with forwards and clueless coaches.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
So the Pens obviously aren't easy to play behind this season and it's been just one start for Ned and three for Jarry...but still, Blomqvist has looked like the lone capable goalie so far. Do the Pens still send him down or are they prepared to keep three goalies for now, maybe even waive one of the other two down the road if Blomqvist keeps impressing? Should be interesting to see.
What's clear is it doesn't matter if the goalie plays well or plays awful like Jarry.

The defense is so beyond dreadful that it truly doesn't matter focusing on how shit Jarry is or how great Blomqvist is or even how hard Ned battled when the coaching is this bad and has been with the defense for a couple of seasons now.

They are 2nd last for shots against and play an out dated style that doesn't fit this roster with a lot of piss poor usage. Goaltending should be better thanks to Jarry but I don't want to give him validation to minimize the idiocy of Sullivan and his shitty system.

And it's not just the defense playing shit defense. It's the entire f***ing team.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Aww you gonna cry?

That's about enough of this f***ing twat.
Lol go ahead and put me on ignore like you did @Gurglesons. Idgaf. You can dish it but can't take it.

Pretty soon you're gonna have half the board on ignore because most everyone disagrees with your takes bud. If that's how you want to play it by all means.

ps TJ sucks

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
NED played well and gave up 5 goals! Our defense is abysmal. And Sulllivan can continue to look pissed! He deserves it!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What's clear is it doesn't matter if the goalie plays well or plays awful like Jarry.

The defense is so beyond dreadful that it truly doesn't matter focusing on how shit Jarry is or how great Blomqvist is or even how hard Ned battled when the coaching is this bad and has been with the defense for a couple of seasons now.

They are 2nd last for shots against and play an out dated style that doesn't fit this roster with a lot of piss poor usage. Goaltending should be better thanks to Jarry but I don't want to give him validation to minimize the idiocy of Sullivan and his shitty system.

And it's not just the defense playing shit defense. It's the entire f***ing team.
I mean. I wrote myself that the Pens aren't an easy team to play behind right now...still...they do have offensive upside and Blomqvist has won 2 of his 3 starts.

I think the Pens do have a chance to make the playoffs this season and I think that's the goal of Dubas and Sullivan. Because the Pens aren't very solid as team I don't think they can afford bad goaltending though. With poor goaltending this team isn't gonna make the playoffs. That's why I asked if they might consider keeping Blomqvist around at least for now. Carrying three goalies is never a receipe for success but the Pens probably can't afford to wait for Jarry and Ned to find their form.

Blomqvist was backing up today so they haven't sent him down just yet.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Lmao at the guy who got dunked on by Josh Yohe of all people still having the courage to post his hockey takes on an internet forum :laugh:
Yeah lol that guy has no shame! Completely tone deaf and very likely an embarrassment to his family! What a dweeb!:laugh::nod:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I mean. I wrote myself that the Pens aren't an easy team to play behind right now...still...they do have offensive upside and Blomqvist has won 2 of his 3 starts.

I think the Pens do have a chance to make the playoffs this season and I think that's the goal of Dubas and Sullivan. Because they're not very solid as team I don't think they can afford bad goaltending though. With poor goaltending this team isn't gonna make the playoffs. That's why I asked if they might consider keeping Blomqvist around at least for now. Carrying three goalies is never a receipe for success but the Pens probably can't afford to wait for Jarry and Ned to find their form.
They don't have much of a choice with the goalies. Until TJ proves he's a better option than Ned or Blomqvist (and he won't) JB will stay up.

Reactions: Hinterland

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012

I think the Pens do have a chance to make the playoffs this season and I think that's the goal of Dubas and Sullivan. Because they're not very solid as team I don't think they can afford bad goaltending though. With poor goaltending this team isn't gonna make the playoffs. That's why I asked if they might consider keeping Blomqvist around at least for now. Carrying three goalies is never a receipe for success but the Pens probably can't afford to wait for Jarry and Ned to find their form.

They're 0-4 against good teams..

The rest doesn't matter. Against bad teams they're still allowing 3.67 goals against. Their wins are against Buffalo, Detroit and Habs.

Reactions: Sideline

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
They don't have much of a choice with the goalies. Until TJ proves he's a better option than Ned or Blomqvist (and he won't) JB will stay up.
If they wanna make the playoffs then I agree. They have to keep up Blomqvist until either Ned or Jarry prove they can make saves on a consistent basis.

Reactions: Pancakes

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
If they wanna make the playoffs then I agree. They have to keep up Blomqvist until either Ned or Jarry prove they can make saves on a consistent basis.
It doesn't matter who they have in net is the point.

You and others keep doing this thing where you keep mentioning Jarry like he's tanked this team. He sucks ass, but the reason this team sucks ass isn't because of him only. I don't care to see Jarry play for this team ever again.

Blomqvist is fantastic and they still lost against the Canes.

Ned has been better than Jarry since last season and he couldn't hold it down vs the Jets with this team defense in front of him.

Who gives a flying f*** about Jarry? Stop using him as the excuse. He's crap but this team is crap in front of better goalies too.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
This game was a system issue. It's not adequate for this roster. Beauvilier should have got benched vs Bunting. Rust is not ready to be on top line.

Reactions: Andy99

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I have them at under 79 points. But things could fall a part and many will get traded. Sids not looking all that formidable himself.
Yep. That's a sad sack of complimentary players and a coaching staff that blows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad